It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It is May 19th.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, one of the most anticipated, truly next-generation RPGs, is available now for Windows - DRM-free on GOG.com!

It's May 19th (in Poland that is). Finally. And we couldn't be more proud of our friends at CD PROJEKT RED for delivering one of the biggest, baddest RPGs in the history of gaming. It feels like we've said it all about <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> in the past few months, so we're just going to go ahead and play now... It's kind of hard to type and hunt monsters anyway.

Join us on <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/GOGcom</span> right at launch for the release stream with GOG.com's Judas Iscariot! Following that, we have a 10-hour marathon with Vlad (at 6am GMT / 2am EDT / 11pm PDT) and later discover more of the game each week (starting today at 4pm GMT / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT), as we showcase the three paths (and love stories) of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: The Warrior's Path with GOG.com's Ada, The Alchemist's Path with GOG.com's Donis, and The Signcaster's Path with our favourite Outstar.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> takes full advantage of the stats, achievements, and auto-update features in GOG Galaxy - it's a great time to download the Beta and try it all out yourself!

No more words. Only play. It's <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Sacr3dus: Well, Witcher books are really great, but remember that they tell diffrent story - games are non cannon continuation of original Witcher saga that ended in 1999.
Have you read the latest Witcher book (Season of Storms)? The epilogue was rather puzzling. :-)
Sacr3dus: Well, Witcher books are really great, but remember that they tell diffrent story - games are non cannon continuation of original Witcher saga that ended in 1999.
toxicTom: Have you read the latest Witcher book (Season of Storms)? The epilogue was rather puzzling. :-)
Not yet but I have plan to re-read whole saga an re-play two previous games before jumping into Witcher 3.
Sacr3dus: Not yet but I have plan to re-read whole saga an re-play two previous games before jumping into Witcher 3.
Well then I will be curious what you make of the end of Season of Storms... ;-)
I'm glad people are enjoying their new game, but what about those of us who aren't interested in it? It's been 3 days that the home page for gog only shows the Witcher 3 and a couple of sales promotions, no news headlines are visible or accessible. By that I mean that even when I click on the "More news" tab, nothing happens. I have refreshed my cache, but no changes.
For those who are curious about the NVIDIA drivers the newest beta drivers that were released for the Witcher 3 support the series of video cards from the GeForce 400's to the 900's. So unless you are using a really outdated card the new drivers should help a bit.
lliam: Bug (Major)

Item quick slot broken. Can not use items ie crossbow lamp etc etc.
All equipped yet non functioning. Tried remapping the bindings still does not work.
Meaning I can not complete certain quests or use the combat gameplay in the way the game was designed to work
I've played the game for about 12 hours total now, I have a crossbow and I have absolutely no idea what key/mouse/whatever button to click to arm it or use it. Nothing showing in options. There might be a way to do it but it is non-intuitive to me at least and I'm no n00b to gaming nor RPGs. :)

Maybe you have to use an Xbox 360 controller in order to use the crossbow. :)

musteriuz: I'm glad people are enjoying their new game, but what about those of us who aren't interested in it? It's been 3 days that the home page for gog only shows the Witcher 3 and a couple of sales promotions, no news headlines are visible or accessible. By that I mean that even when I click on the "More news" tab, nothing happens. I have refreshed my cache, but no changes.
Presumably people who are not interested in the Witcher 3 wont play it. Just a guess though. It's kind of like "When a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, did it really make a sound?" though. :)
Post edited May 20, 2015 by skeletonbow
BTCentral: The 9xx series cards perform tessellation at over 3x the speed of the 7xx series according to nVidia, so is it really surprising that the game performs better with one? Nope - Tessellation is used extensively for things like HairWorks, in addition hairworks also uses MSAA on the hair so is going to be extremely demanding with those two things combined.

I have a Core i7 930, 12 GB RAM, 250 GB SSD & GTX 760 2GB - I'm playing at 1080p with everything set to high except Foliage Visibility Range which is set to Medium and HairWorks is off. Been working just fine for me and looks great.

You want to talk about poorly optimised games? I can't even play assassin's creed unity at 30 FPS with reasonable graphics settings.
darthspudius: My system has the same specs and I'm barely getting 30fps at medium... poorly optimised, I have to agree.
Same specs as mine, or same specs as ashaira? Because if you're talking about ashaira's I've never seen mine drop below 30 and as mentioned above, almost everything is set to high, yet I have a worse graphics card than the one mentioned.

Have you installed the latest graphics card driver optimised for the game? Also, as mentioned make sure HairWorks is set to off.
Post edited May 20, 2015 by BTCentral
The collector's edition is already gone everywhere, just the day before i could transfer money to my bank account :(

Any chance of it reappering anywhere or should i just settle with the regular version?
musteriuz: I'm glad people are enjoying their new game, but what about those of us who aren't interested in it? It's been 3 days that the home page for gog only shows the Witcher 3 and a couple of sales promotions, no news headlines are visible or accessible. By that I mean that even when I click on the "More news" tab, nothing happens. I have refreshed my cache, but no changes.
Speaking of blind guess, if I'm correct the GOG team is not that huge and the Witcher 3 launch must have been quite a exhausting event (including having the Galaxy client +/- ready for the launch) so it would be fair that they're having a little break.

As a previous post noted, it is just a guess and I don't know anymore than anyone else if the falling tree makes a sound ;)
Edit: Sorry just realised they were OOS of the internationally shipped CE, please delete.
Question: Is this going to be an open world like oblivion or is it going to be like Witcher 2?
darthspudius: My system has the same specs and I'm barely getting 30fps at medium... poorly optimised, I have to agree.
BTCentral: Same specs as mine, or same specs as ashaira? Because if you're talking about ashaira's I've never seen mine drop below 30 and as mentioned above, almost everything is set to high, yet I have a worse graphics card than the one mentioned.

Have you installed the latest graphics card driver optimised for the game? Also, as mentioned make sure HairWorks is set to off.
I was talking about your specs. My game is set to medium with a couple set to high. It plays decent enough but boy does it stutter. Everything that is a resource hog has been turned off.
darthspudius: I was talking about your specs. My game is set to medium with a couple set to high. It plays decent enough but boy does it stutter. Everything that is a resource hog has been turned off.
Hmm weird - I've not been experiencing any stutter.

I'm not at home at the moment so can't experiment with anything but have had a couple of thoughts:

- Make sure you're using borderless windowed mode, then set the FPS to 30 and vsync off (not needed because of borderless window) via the in-game menus and see if that makes any difference.

- Is the game installed on a mechanical hard drive (as in not SSD)? It's possible the stutter is actually being caused by the game trying to load too much at once and the hard drive read speed being too slow to handle it, or something similar.
darthspudius: I was talking about your specs. My game is set to medium with a couple set to high. It plays decent enough but boy does it stutter. Everything that is a resource hog has been turned off.
BTCentral: Hmm weird - I've not been experiencing any stutter.

I'm not at home at the moment so can't experiment with anything but have had a couple of thoughts:

- Make sure you're using borderless windowed mode, then set the FPS to 30 and vsync off (not needed because of borderless window) via the in-game menus and see if that makes any difference.

- Is the game installed on a mechanical hard drive (as in not SSD)? It's possible the stutter is actually being caused by the game trying to load too much at once and the hard drive read speed being too slow to handle it, or something similar.
I'll look into it and let you know. Thanks for the suggestions.
How about the first 2 free DLCs ? I read CDPR will be releasing them both today, am I correct ?
Post edited May 20, 2015 by henriquejr