It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dead man shooting.

The Suffering & The Suffering: Ties That Bind are now available exclusively on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.
All but impossible to find in recent years, the elusive psychological horror games return as gory as you remember them, DRM-free and fully compatible with modern operating systems.

The Suffering puts you in the shoes of death row convict Torque as he fights monstrous enemies to escapes his hellish prison and find the truth behind the heinous crime that put him there.

In the sequel Ties That Bind, Torque is a free man in body if not in mind, as he returns to his hometown seeking redemption and revenge from the criminal kingpin he holds responsible for this nightmare.

Check out our Warner Bros. Sale for deals up to -75% until September 11, 1PM UTC.
There's a lot of cool stuff there including the F.E.A.R series, Bastion, plenty of LEGO goodness and more.
A bit of a pricey release for game that old. The first one was even released as freeware years ago.
WD is being greedy.
This is great but... Why are the back catalogs of big Publishers like Ubisoft, EA, WB, Capcom & others coming so slowly? 2-4 every few months? For instance off the top of my head, why hasn't there been a Splinter Cell game released here since Splinter Cell 1 which released here in 2012 (5 years ago!)? Why haven't the second or 3rd arrived yet when they're a lot older then some other games on here from the same publisher?
Post edited September 07, 2017 by user deleted
Point_Man: This is great but... Why are the back catalogs of big Publishers like Ubisoft, EA, WB, Capcom & others coming so slowly? 2-4 every few months? For instance off the top of my head, why hasn't there been a Splinter Cell game released here since Splinter Cell 1 which released here in 2012 (5 years ago!)? Why haven't the second or 3rd arrived yet when they're a lot older then some other games on here from the same publisher?
Because Ubisoft doesn't want to release games that are available DRM-only on their UPlay-"Service". We only received games from before the Uplay-launch. the only exception are Rayman Origins, which was released DRM-free as a retail for PC after poor sales on the WiiU.

It's not GOG's fault, but the publisher's. They try to force us to accept their DRM-platforms.
Geri11: Will you be bringing Area 51 as well? :3
tfishell: I hope so and think it will happen eventually. This and Psi-Ops seemed to be joined at the hip, I guess because they were released by Midway around the same time and both eventually were free on Fileplanet, maybe.

Hopefully other WB/Midway games show up too of course. Mortal Kombat 4 + nGlide or another emulator, Captain Claw (for Grargar), Batman games, etc.

MK4 discussed on VOGONS: https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=45344
I would love to see Captain Claw, but I'm not sure that WB still has the rights for that. There was a sequel in development at some point (that was eventually cancelled and I think rebranded into something else) and if I remember correctly WB had nothing to do with it.
MK4 works for me on Windows 7 64 bit without problems (other than the installation process itself) in D3D mode. Interestingly, I could never get it to work with Glide - on a Voodoo 3 card.
Smannesman: Interesting release, but 9% off?
No thanks, I'll wait.
Painted_Doll: I don't understand this discount either . Gauntlet ( new release ) 75% off , Lego Batman 2 ( new release ) 75% off , but the Suffering series aren't .
I believe that it has something to do with other titles being available elsewhere. Currently the Suffering is only available on GOG, and I believe they are trying to capitalise on that fact.
Post edited September 07, 2017 by Paradoks
MIK0: A bit of a pricey release for game that old. The first one was even released as freeware years ago.
WD is being greedy.
Freeware but unplayable if you lived somewhere without Internet (SA Internet was shite back then and is marginally better now)so useless until now. And even then the retail copies were finicky as balls. Area 51 used the same ftp system but a crack existed for that. So if I can pay 9 bucks to not go through the suffering again just to go through the suffering again I'm quite a happy person indeed :D
Nice release, but screw WBIE.
Paradoks: I believe that it has something to do with other titles being available elsewhere. Currently the Suffering is only available on GOG, and I believe they are trying to capitalise on that fact.
Absolutely. Hell, fresh "exclusive" old releases rarely get any discount. Just wait a few months.
This is brilliant!!!! Thank you!!!
Finally. thank you gog.com
The Suffering doesn't seem to work properly on Win 10 64 Creator update - it says that DX8.1 isn't installed, and won't launch.
Bummer. Hopefully a fix soon.
IAmSinistar: Excellent timing! I was just describing this game to my partner over the weekend but couldn't recall the name. And here it is, ready for me to play again. Much ta, GOG!
You have the power of the Law of Attraction. So, now think about some other goodies that should be here! ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶
wishlisted for a hopeful future sale as these prices are ridiculous for such old games
SpiralJacobs: The Suffering doesn't seem to work properly on Win 10 64 Creator update - it says that DX8.1 isn't installed, and won't launch.
Go to the Store Page and read the comments. I think at the bottom of the first page of comments a guy tells you how to "activate" DirectPlay in Windows 10 control panel and then it should work. Hope he's right, because I also have Win10!
I played The Suffering on XBox--good game (weird and creepy). I never got a chance to play Ties That Bind though. Nice that it's here.
SpiralJacobs: The Suffering doesn't seem to work properly on Win 10 64 Creator update - it says that DX8.1 isn't installed, and won't launch.
tritone: Go to the Store Page and read the comments. I think at the bottom of the first page of comments a guy tells you how to "activate" DirectPlay in Windows 10 control panel and then it should work. Hope he's right, because I also have Win10!
You can always contact Support, and if you and they working together can't get it running, you'll get a refund.