It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dead man shooting.

The Suffering & The Suffering: Ties That Bind are now available exclusively on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.
All but impossible to find in recent years, the elusive psychological horror games return as gory as you remember them, DRM-free and fully compatible with modern operating systems.

The Suffering puts you in the shoes of death row convict Torque as he fights monstrous enemies to escapes his hellish prison and find the truth behind the heinous crime that put him there.

In the sequel Ties That Bind, Torque is a free man in body if not in mind, as he returns to his hometown seeking redemption and revenge from the criminal kingpin he holds responsible for this nightmare.

Check out our Warner Bros. Sale for deals up to -75% until September 11, 1PM UTC.
There's a lot of cool stuff there including the F.E.A.R series, Bastion, plenty of LEGO goodness and more.
Fantastic! Well done GOG and WB. :)
Nice, still got good memories from first game.
Now I can find out if the sequel was not that bad compared to the original (I mean - least thick atmosphere and that kind of stuff) cause already forgot the story of the sequel,

Can't wait for Psi-Ops : Mindgate Conspiracy
Post edited September 07, 2017 by SpecShadow
Are both games available to german user as unaltered international versions? In Germany both games were changed AND made only available to adults.

What about this release? Any regional restrictions? I see, that the store page is not blocked with a german IP, so ... hopefully no braindead "special treatment"?
high rated
MaxFulvus: Sweet releases, full of gory insanity.

I'm a bit frustrated to see that there is less and less new release with goodies or even a manual included, though.
A manual is a minimum and should be mandatory, imo !
I agree with this.

For example, Im still perplexed that GOG doesn't ship a much needed manual for Albion (which is an old-skool RPG).
wishlisted both games
tinyE: never heard of it but I'm buying
Good for you. The Suffering is one of my favourite horror games of all time. I'm EXTREMELY happy that it's finally available digitally. At times it borders on Painkiller but it's still a pretty capable horror game with decent writing. The gameplay and enemy design are just glorious in my opinion.

I wasn't a big fan of the second game, Ties that Bind, due to its style but the thing is that the original release had Starforce copy protection. I didn't even dare to install the game again as long as it came with that piece of shit so I'm extremely happy that there's finally a DRM-free release.
This is a pleasant surprise. Never played The Suffering but I remember being curious about it on the original Xbox years ago. Might give it a go. Great to see it here working on modern systems with no DRM either way though.
I have no idea of what those games are about or if they are any good, but judging from the screenshots and the comment section I admit I am intrigued.
Fuck yes! This is what I'm talkin' 'bout, GOG. These are the kinds of releases I love!
tinyE: never heard of it but I'm buying
F4LL0UT: Good for you. The Suffering is one of my favourite horror games of all time. I'm EXTREMELY happy that it's finally available digitally. At times it borders on Painkiller but it's still a pretty capable horror game with decent writing. The gameplay and enemy design are just glorious in my opinion.

I wasn't a big fan of the second game, Ties that Bind, due to its style but the thing is that the original release had Starforce copy protection. I didn't even dare to install the game again as long as it came with that piece of shit so I'm extremely happy that there's finally a DRM-free release.
is the 2nd one a sequel or an expansion?
tinyE: is the 2nd one a sequel or an expansion?
It's a direct sequel released as a standalone game. And fun fact: You can actually import your final saved game from Prison is Hell (that's the one simply called "The Suffering" here) into Ties that Bind because there are multiple endings in the games.
Post edited September 07, 2017 by F4LL0UT
tinyE: is the 2nd one a sequel or an expansion?
F4LL0UT: You can actually import your final saved game from Prison is Hell (that's the one simply called "The Suffering" here) into Ties that Bind because there are multiple endings in the games.
I may hit you up on how to do than whence I finish the 1st game. :D
I have not heard of this game or I forgot about it. Both are equally possible.
Never heard of Suffering before but it looks tasty enough and from what i can see in some screenshots, it does have a certain Silent Hill-y vibe. Nice release!
GOG.com: Check out our Warner Bros. Sale for deals up to -75% until September 11, 1PM UTC.
There's a lot of cool stuff there including the F.E.A.R series (...)
F.E.A.R. is an amazing FPS that i can't recommend enough. Even in 2017 it didn't lose it's charm a bit; it still looks & sounds great, the gameplay is amazing, the story is awesome; overall, a great gaming experience from a timeless classic.
Post edited September 07, 2017 by Vythonaut
tinyE: I may hit you up on how to do than whence I finish the 1st game. :D
Well, I doubt I'm gonna be much help as it's been more than ten years since I've done that. :D

I just hope that the GOG releases aren't making this extra hard due to missing registry entries or something.