It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dude, I totally missed you.

Paradise Lost, the unhinged expansion pack for the unsavory cult hit POSTAL 2 is finally available DRM-free on GOG.com.

Post(al)-apocalypse has never been so wack! The Dude ventures back into his former hometown looking for his lost dog but instead finds trouble in all shapes, sizes, and heartbeats. The citizens have gone nuclearly insane, gotten themselves zombified, joined freaky factions (sort of the same thing, really), and pretty much given the Dude plenty of reasons to turn them into radioactive pulp as he free-roams this loco land.
Linko90: Past threads were deleted due to the sheer volume of them on the front page, we don't need four threads on one topic
WinterSnowfall: I'm probably against the current here, but I think you're operating within optimal parameters, peacekeeper, though you've strayed a tad onto the passive-aggressive side perhaps (not that it's a bad thing, just that ominous warnings rarely work with the crowd you're aiming them at).

Always wondered if your double gatlings work with SARCASM rounds (Swift Auto-Reloading Corrosive Airburst Shock Munition) - too bad you've deleted one of the threads that made it undoubtedly clear that they do :).

And now back to today's soap opera: "GOG apologizes for something that might have been offensive to some people, which in turn offends other people."
Noted, but i have stated the reason for deletes numerous times. There's this thread and another thread. That's all that will be permitted. It makes no sense to split the same topic in a number of threads, both for the sake of users and the body of the forum.

There's nothing behind the deleting of other threads beyond that!
low rated
muntdefems: Eeeeer... actually... it's the forum software the one that mis-attributed the quotes.
Not really. If you transplant a quote to another thread, why on earth would you expect the post numbers to match up? It's just common sense that the quotes are going to be attributed to whoever made that post number in this thread.
tort1234: Let the Liberal Snowflakes on twitter keep complaining and whining about gamergate. It's not like they buy a lot of games on gog.
SirPrimalform: I have literally hundreds of games here.
807+ here according to my library.
ChrisGamer300: I don't really know about that and much of what has transpired since it happened because it was in a time where i left gaming behind for a few years but i know that every movement or whatever has their bad apples and when a few people does shitty things then the opposing side will try their damnest to use it as a scapegoat to frame a whole movement because why wouldn't you but what of all those who had valid points to make ?.

I know for fact that anti GG has some really shitty people too who didn't exactly behave like they preached.

Anyway it's shame when so many feel the need to project their political view into so many discussions when it comes down gaming in general.
BlueAxolotl: When you identify by a label you will inevitably be prejudged by the worst and most psychotic parts associated with it, regardless of whether you were responsible for any of it or not.
See also: feminism
Here's my stance, I don't care because I know I am not the worse and psychotic parts of gamer culture, and the people who claims that can lie to my face all the want, I know who I am.
Linko90: Noted, but i have stated the reason for deletes numerous times. There's this thread and another thread. That's all that will be permitted. It makes no sense to split the same topic in a number of threads, both for the sake of users and the body of the forum.

There's also the option to not deleting them: just posting a note explaining what you just explained in this post, and locking the thread. If anything, it woud avoid the complaints about censorship that keep appearing.

But I know you've stated before that you (either Linko90 or GOG) prefer deleting these threads, so I'm not telling how to do your job (just the same way I would tell you to sod off if you came to my place to tell me how to do mine :P).
muntdefems: Eeeeer... actually... it's the forum software the one that mis-attributed the quotes.
SirPrimalform: Not really. If you transplant a quote to another thread, why on earth would you expect the post numbers to match up? It's just common sense that the quotes are going to be attributed to whoever made that post number in this thread.
As I said, it was my bad. I just had it copied when finding out the thread was gone yet still had my window hanging up with the post. I thought nothing about the post counts at the time. Just saw things were being pushed back over here so posted what I saved and it ended up wonky because of it.
Linko90: Noted, but i have stated the reason for deletes numerous times. There's this thread and another thread. That's all that will be permitted. It makes no sense to split the same topic in a number of threads, both for the sake of users and the body of the forum.

muntdefems: There's also the option to not deleting them: just posting a note explaining what you just explained in this post, and locking the thread. If anything, it woud avoid the complaints about censorship that keep appearing.

But I know you've stated before that you (either Linko90 or GOG) prefer deleting these threads, so I'm not telling how to do your job (just the same way I would tell you to sod off if you came to my place to tell me how to do mine :P).
It's fine, really it's fine. The normal process is to lock, with a note to why it's locked, then delete soon after. But we had multiple threads on the same topic with the same locked notice on yet they kept coming. Something has to give. Hope this clears things up, and i won't coming to your place of work anytime soon...i still get lost on the tram.
WinterSnowfall: I'm probably against the current here, but I think you're operating within optimal parameters, peacekeeper, though you've strayed a tad onto the passive-aggressive side perhaps (not that it's a bad thing, just that ominous warnings rarely work with the crowd you're aiming them at).

Always wondered if your double gatlings work with SARCASM rounds (Swift Auto-Reloading Corrosive Airburst Shock Munition) - too bad you've deleted one of the threads that made it undoubtedly clear that they do :).

And now back to today's soap opera: "GOG apologizes for something that might have been offensive to some people, which in turn offends other people."

So are we done having to force all conversation in this thread now so people can enjoy the fact that this came to the site?
high rated
liquidsnakehpks: Kinda expected the controversy and drama its postal after all , any idea if postal redux is set for a gog release ? i played it on steam and loved the new additions
We've wanted to do a GOG release of Redux since we launched it, but there's also been a bunch of problems in getting it running without Steam. If we manage to sort those issues out, we'll definitely look into it!
HunchBluntley: Wow. Not since the release of Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition has an official release thread turned into such a vat of diarrhea.
muntdefems: Nah... Can't anyone else remember GOG doing a similar faux pas in their social media not that long ago (like, 3-4 months ago)? And how there was a similar (though possibly smaller in scale) shitstorm about it, full of "oh-so-offended" people that were quitting GOG for good and were going to take their business elsewhere?
Don't remember any official game-release comment threads getting this bad, though. Unless it was maybe for a game I really didn't care about, and stopped reading the thread for lack of interest before the shitstorm happened. But generally, if it gets to the point where the thread winds up growing by a couple pages or more per hour, I'll check back in at some point, just to see what the hell's going on.
Other recent release threads might've had a bit of poo dribbled into them over the course of a couple days; this one had grown four (now five) pages just since I checked in some time last evening (not sure whether/how many posts have been deleted, either). That's a significant amount for a two-day-old topic.
I was going to wait for a sale but I'm snagging it now just to show my support for both GOG, after all the crap they've been getting today, and for the poor RWS rep who HAD TO KNOW HE WAS GOING TO GET A LOT OF SHIT TODAY! :P

I can imagine what the meeting was like.

"Who want to log onto GOG and get yelled at? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Yeshu: Here is a pretty good breakdown of the situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot8KyHevwxY
THANK YOU!
I thought I was crazy because I could not understand the problem at all. Seems as if there never was one in the first place.

O.K. - I fear the reply - but isn't it possible to merge threads with the GOG forum software?
Post edited July 19, 2018 by MarkoH01
low rated
Jesus I can't believe people get so riled up about this stuff. In the real world, where real people with real lives go about their day, it's a simple "oh some people took offense so they removed it, whatever" kind of thing. No one cares. No one can imagine caring like you people do. It's frankly baffling.

Also in the real world when a group is tainted it's tainted, that's just how it works. If I start an after school club called Jim's Red Shirts and two of my crew go crazy and assault and rob someone then my crew is going to get the side-eye from then on as a gang. That's how life works. Thus since tons of GamerGate members were crazy misogynists who harassed people online they're going to be tainted as a group. That's how life works. None of that means Waypoint (barf) is always right with their whiny articles or Sarkesian's feminist videos are gospel (nope!). It just means you can't celebrate GamerGate like it's the freaking Justice League.

Anyway, the people complaining about complaining end up coming across as whining just as much if not more than the original whiners. 'Twas ever thus on the internet, and every time an "SJW" topic comes up it's proven again. You embarrass yourselves frankly when you bitch and complain like crybabies over a deleted tweet by a business that's just trying to get along with people.
StingingVelvet: Jesus I can't believe people get so riled up about this stuff. In the real world, where real people with real lives go about their day, it's a simple "oh some people took offense so they removed it, whatever" kind of thing. No one cares. No one can imagine caring like you people do. It's frankly baffling.

Also in the real world when a group is tainted it's tainted, that's just how it works. If I start an after school club called Jim's Red Shirts and two of my crew go crazy and assault and rob someone then my crew is going to get the side-eye from then on as a gang. That's how life works. Thus since tons of GamerGate members were crazy misogynists who harassed people online they're going to be tainted as a group. That's how life works. None of that means Waypoint (barf) is always right with their whiny articles or Sarkesian's feminist videos are gospel (nope!). It just means you can't celebrate GamerGate like it's the freaking Justice League.

Anyway, the people complaining about complaining end up coming across as whining just as much if not more than the original whiners. 'Twas ever thus on the internet, and every time an "SJW" topic comes up it's proven again. You embarrass yourselves frankly when you bitch and complain like crybabies over a deleted tweet by a business that's just trying to get along with people.
The mere fact that there are people here who said "What's going on here? I don't get it?, What's GamerGate?"

It shows where their real priorities are.
low rated
Elmofongo: The mere fact that there are people here who said "What's going on here? I don't get it?, What's GamerGate?"

It shows where their real priorities are.
An actual real priority in the real world would be getting Puerto Rico's power 100% restored and getting its citizens voting rights in Congress and for the Presidency, am I right? That's the kind of shit people should be putting this much brain power into FFS.