It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dude, I totally missed you.

Paradise Lost, the unhinged expansion pack for the unsavory cult hit POSTAL 2 is finally available DRM-free on GOG.com.

Post(al)-apocalypse has never been so wack! The Dude ventures back into his former hometown looking for his lost dog but instead finds trouble in all shapes, sizes, and heartbeats. The citizens have gone nuclearly insane, gotten themselves zombified, joined freaky factions (sort of the same thing, really), and pretty much given the Dude plenty of reasons to turn them into radioactive pulp as he free-roams this loco land.
low rated
ChrisGamer300: I also do despise people sending death threats and similar stuff even if they hate the person in question but GOG could have approached this situation better and much earlier instead making it seem like "gamers" are bad and i hope this shit won't ever happen again, no really never again.
Here's the thing, I don't care, because I know I am not bad person because I am a gamer.

I am still supporting GOG just for 2 things, DRM Free and the chance to get Classic PC Games and new Games DRM Free.

And to be frank I used to be a fellow Pro-GamerGater and I have followed people the lead Pro GamerGate, but overtime when Gamergate cooled down, they began to reveal their true colors.
Post edited July 19, 2018 by Elmofongo
mike_cesara: Welcome on GOG Rich!
That is ok, apology accepted ; )
I do hope, however, RWS will be more communicative in the future and we'll get Linux ports here rather sooner than later as well as Postal Redux.
One thing, could you please get a dev badge from GOG? Will be much easier for all of us.
take your time, have a peek around, grab some games perhaps? the place isn't as bad as some may think ; )
Rich-RWS: Oh, I already have a personal GOG account with tons of games on it! It simply uses a very different handle so I decided to make a new one using my RWS Name! :)

And yeah, getting a dev badge would probably be a good idea, but that would mean I'd have to bug my bosses about that, and make it a whole thing! I'm too awkward for that! But if needed, I could do something to prove that I am who I say I am.

In any case, thanks for the kind words! I definitely aim to try and be better about keeping in touch with the GOG sphere of fans, going forward.

EDIT- Oh, looks like my bosses did the developer badge for me, while I was typing this out! So yeah! :D
Kinda expected the controversy and drama its postal after all , any idea if postal redux is set for a gog release ? i played it on steam and loved the new additions
Finally the P2 add on comes all are at each others throat?

What is wrong with you people? You're so busy to blow up the forums in the name of god? Newsflash f*tarts: god doesn't need your help; he is god! And he, she, it gave you live. And you are wasting it! Look around you, look. LOOK Goddamnit! See? We are not that different. Because we all come from the same family. Known as: gamers. You know what families do? Do they fight? Yeah! Sure. But they work it out because they love each other. And they know that they stuck with each other; just like all of us are. Here! On this crazy digital space called gog forums...

So come on people! Lets try to find some common ground, eh?
Post edited July 19, 2018 by anothername
high rated
Arinielle: Because it was still using GG. There was actual work being done but there was a lot of people that did also just jump into a hashtag because it's a hashtag that was getting attention.

When trying to make other places to discuss things without using Twitter, they fell through a lot of times because even having a Reddit page set up wasn't going to be allowed without being griefed to hell for shit that had nothing to do with those of us actually trying to figure all of this out now that we had found more of us in general that had some similar feelings about how games journalism was and then seeing things explode into what was dubbed GamerGate.

The movement itself was NOT something of hate and all this shit that keeps being spun but of course nobody cares and just talks shit about gamers as a whole that don't agree with whatever ideology they want to push.

A lot of those claiming GG was doing this horrible thing or that... was shit groups like Baph trying to cause a stir becaus they just thought it would be funny to see gamers keep being griefed.

It sucked. Badly. But no matter what, nobody fucking cared what we said and even GOG is saying we're a hate group. That outright sickens me.
adaliabooks: So here's the thing... if there was any useful, actual work being done under the name of GamerGate before all the loons came along and made it what it became.. (assuming they weren't apart of it from the start) then why still fly that flag? Why not just change the name, associate yourself with another word and not sink to the death and rape threats that were associated with GG.
Because deny it all you like, but a lot of bad shit was said and done in the name of GG. It was all over this forum for months, so if those people weren't the core of the movement and weren't what it was actually about why not just let them have the hashtag and go and be civilised humans trying to make a point somewhere else?

GOG made a blunder, that blunder was probably tweeting the GIF at all in the first place. Let's face it, any business tweeting images of someone pissing on a grave is likely to get some flak for it.
They rectified that blunder to save face and maintain the proper corporate image.
Who honestly cares beyond that? If removing a tweet is enough to make you stop shopping here then you have some serious issues with priorities.
Because that doesn't work.
If you try to rebrand the response you get is "See? We were right and now these evil people trying to hide their misdeeds by rebranding!"
We know this because it was tried with NotYourShield.
And I don't deny that there were bad apples in the cart, but there were some very bad applies to the journalist and antiGG side too. The SPJAirplay event (Society of Professional Journalists), specifically about Gamergates concerns over ethics in games journalism got so many bomb threats that police were forced to shut the entire event, which included other topics, down. It also wasn't the only one to receive such terroristic threats.
My issue isn't so much that GOG took down the tweet and apologised. It's that the apology needlessly and hatefully vilified those of us who held these concerns all while claiming to not condone hate.
low rated
Arinielle: Had this saved, luckily, before the thread was deleted. Found we should be putting it all in this one so posting it here.

Hastur-: Bingo. If you're not doing any of those things, then GOG wasn't referring to you and you have nothing to worry about.
You've mis-attributed those quotes.
high rated
ChrisGamer300: I also do despise people sending death threats and similar stuff even if they hate the person in question but GOG could have approached this situation better and much earlier instead making it seem like "gamers" are bad and i hope this shit won't ever happen again, no really never again.
Elmofongo: Here's the thing, I don't care, because I know I am not bad person because I am a gamer.

I am still supporting GOG just for 2 things, DRM Free and the chance to get Classic PC Games and new Games DRM Free.

And to be frank I used to be a fellow Pro-GamerGater but at this point I have seen the people the lead this, and overtime when Gamergate cooled down, they began to reveal their true colors.
I don't really know about that and much of what has transpired since it happened because it was in a time where i left gaming behind for a few years but i know that every movement or whatever has their bad apples and when a few people does shitty things then the opposing side will try their damnest to use it as a scapegoat to frame a whole movement because why wouldn't you but what of all those who had valid points to make ?.

I know for fact that anti GG has some really shitty people too who didn't exactly behave like they preached.

Anyway it's shame when so many feel the need to project their political view into so many discussions when it comes down to gaming in general.
Post edited July 19, 2018 by ChrisGamer300
high rated
Arinielle: Because it was still using GG. There was actual work being done but there was a lot of people that did also just jump into a hashtag because it's a hashtag that was getting attention.

When trying to make other places to discuss things without using Twitter, they fell through a lot of times because even having a Reddit page set up wasn't going to be allowed without being griefed to hell for shit that had nothing to do with those of us actually trying to figure all of this out now that we had found more of us in general that had some similar feelings about how games journalism was and then seeing things explode into what was dubbed GamerGate.

The movement itself was NOT something of hate and all this shit that keeps being spun but of course nobody cares and just talks shit about gamers as a whole that don't agree with whatever ideology they want to push.

A lot of those claiming GG was doing this horrible thing or that... was shit groups like Baph trying to cause a stir becaus they just thought it would be funny to see gamers keep being griefed.

It sucked. Badly. But no matter what, nobody fucking cared what we said and even GOG is saying we're a hate group. That outright sickens me.
adaliabooks: So here's the thing... if there was any useful, actual work being done under the name of GamerGate before all the loons came along and made it what it became.. (assuming they weren't apart of it from the start) then why still fly that flag? Why not just change the name, associate yourself with another word and not sink to the death and rape threats that were associated with GG.
Because deny it all you like, but a lot of bad shit was said and done in the name of GG. It was all over this forum for months, so if those people weren't the core of the movement and weren't what it was actually about why not just let them have the hashtag and go and be civilised humans trying to make a point somewhere else?

GOG made a blunder, that blunder was probably tweeting the GIF at all in the first place. Let's face it, any business tweeting images of someone pissing on a grave is likely to get some flak for it.
They rectified that blunder to save face and maintain the proper corporate image.
Who honestly cares beyond that? If removing a tweet is enough to make you stop shopping here then you have some serious issues with priorities.
Here's how actual work happens.... not talking as much about it on the internet on fucking TWITTER of all places. There are messengers and such, decide what the options are and everyone pretty much picked the route that was best for them in their case.

It was always happening, even with idiots jumping in a hashtag. The work never stopped. The people being stupid on Twitter did make for a good way to keep from anyone trying to find out where plans were being made or what the plans were, though. So strangely enough, it worked in favor though it wasn't exactly ideal a position to be in.

Since when are folks still 'flying the flag'? Just saying they were part of it doesn't mean anything beyond that. They were around to see what was going on which was contrary to what SJWs claim for victim points.

We moved past that hashtag a long while ago. Those actually doing anything. It was good for the couple of years to find footing and then move on from there.

GG itself was done after a point but many will tell you when they felt it was over for them. For the most part, it's individuals now being more of watch dogs for these sorts of things and many found they knew where to go about doing things for themselves now knowing what sites and companies were part of the core issue. It went a lot deeper than expected.

Removing the tweet was one thing. Then adding personal views and claiming those in GG were a hate mob and such was where things went VERY wrong. I don't think anyone should be able to get away from calling people that give them money and often use the site as well as suggest it to others such hateful and despicable words and STILL not know what they're talking about.
high rated
Here is a pretty good breakdown of the situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot8KyHevwxY
Elmofongo: Here's the thing, I don't care, because I know I am not bad person because I am a gamer.

And to be frank I used to be a fellow Pro-GamerGater but at this point I have seen the people the lead this, and overtime when Gamergate cooled down, they began to reveal their true colors.
ChrisGamer300: I don't really know about that and much of what has transpired since it happened because it was in a time where i left gaming behind for a few years but i know that every movement or whatever has their bad apples and when a few people does shitty things then the opposing side will try their damnest to use it as a scapegoat to frame a whole movement because why wouldn't you but what of all those who had valid points to make ?.

I know for fact that anti GG has some really shitty people too who didn't exactly behave like they preached.

Anyway it's shame when so many feel the need to project their political view into so many discussions when it comes down gaming in general.
When you identify by a label you will inevitably be prejudged by the worst and most psychotic parts associated with it, regardless of whether you were responsible for any of it or not.
See also: feminism
HunchBluntley: Wow. Not since the release of Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition has an official release thread turned into such a vat of diarrhea.
They keep deleting threads that try to take the discussion out of this and tell us to discuss it all here. So can't blame the ones that didn't want it here in the first damn place. :/ It needed to be talked about but they didn't want it outside of this thread.
HunchBluntley: Wow. Not since the release of Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition has an official release thread turned into such a vat of diarrhea.
Nah... Can't anyone else remember GOG doing a similar faux pas in their social media not that long ago (like, 3-4 months ago)? And how there was a similar (though possibly smaller in scale) shitstorm about it, full of "oh-so-offended" people that were quitting GOG for good and were going to take their business elsewhere?

SirPrimalform: You've mis-attributed those quotes.
Eeeeer... actually... it's the forum software the one that mis-attributed the quotes.
high rated
GOG, stop deleting threads.
low rated
tort1234: Let the Liberal Snowflakes on twitter keep complaining and whining about gamergate. It's not like they buy a lot of games on gog.
I have literally hundreds of games here.
Linko90: Past threads were deleted due to the sheer volume of them on the front page, we don't need four threads on one topic
I'm probably against the current here, but I think you're operating within optimal parameters, peacekeeper, though you've strayed a tad onto the passive-aggressive side perhaps (not that it's a bad thing, just that ominous warnings rarely work with the crowd you're aiming them at).

Always wondered if your double gatlings work with SARCASM rounds (Swift Auto-Reloading Corrosive Airburst Shock Munition) - too bad you've deleted one of the threads that made it undoubtedly clear that they do :).

And now back to today's soap opera: "GOG apologizes for something that might have been offensive to some people, which in turn offends other people."

And to be frank I used to be a fellow Pro-GamerGater and I have followed people the lead Pro GamerGate, but overtime when Gamergate cooled down, they began to reveal their true colors.
Well there's your problem. You were looking for leaders in a leaderless movement. Many naturally do look for leaders but all of them were more politically inclined and ready to jump into something to laugh at others and further make shit about politics in general everywhere.

Many were saying it was damn stupid to follow those people but of course.. shit happens because people cling to others.
anothername: Finally the P2 add on comes all are at each others throat?

What is wrong with you people? You're so busy to blow up the forums in the name of god? Newsflash f*tarts: god doesn't need your help; he is god! And he, she, it gave you live. And you are wasting it! Look around you, look. LOOK Goddamnit! See? We are not that different. Because we all come from the same family. Known as: gamers. You know what families do? Do they fight? Yeah! Sure. But they work it out because they love each other. And they know that they stuck with each other; just like all of us are. Here! On this crazy digital space called gog forums...

So come on people! Lets try to find some common ground, eh?
..we were pushed into this thread and others deleted because they wanted it all in here. >.>; There was something that happened on Twitter and people wanted to talk about it but not in this thread.. but pushed into using it anyway. :/
Post edited July 19, 2018 by Arinielle