It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dude, I totally missed you.

Paradise Lost, the unhinged expansion pack for the unsavory cult hit POSTAL 2 is finally available DRM-free on GOG.com.

Post(al)-apocalypse has never been so wack! The Dude ventures back into his former hometown looking for his lost dog but instead finds trouble in all shapes, sizes, and heartbeats. The citizens have gone nuclearly insane, gotten themselves zombified, joined freaky factions (sort of the same thing, really), and pretty much given the Dude plenty of reasons to turn them into radioactive pulp as he free-roams this loco land.
So can I now buy Postal 2 in Germany?
I can't find it in the Galaxy store!
Sirhavok: So can I now buy Postal 2 in Germany?
I can't find it in the Galaxy store!
Unfortunately the POSTAL series is still very much banned for sale in Germany, and this has been enforced on both Steam and GOG. :(
high rated
"Games journalism" is a misnomer and I don't know when people started calling them by that name. They are marketers. They've only ever been an extension of the marketing department for publishers since print magazines in the 80's. Investigative journalism is a foreign concept to "games journalists" and it's a waste of energy to demand an ethics code from marketers. They should be viewed with the same suspicion as used car salesmen.

Nice job taking the high road and throwing RWS and their fans under the bus over a joke by way, GOG. Good to know when a company cares more about moral busybodies than their own customers. I might not boycott GOG, but I'm going to be hesitant about buying here in the future. Never know when buying the wrong game might make me part of an "abusive movement".
low rated
To the person in that other, now deleted thread:

Cormoran: Because yes, I was a part of that group.
A group which has been unfairly vilified as abusive.
A group which itself has had bomb threats, death threats etc made against it.
Why didn't GOG call out the 'abusers' that games journalists chose to side with as well?
My first questions still remain. I'm the one without power, without any real recourse.
I don't have the platform that games journalists have and I don't have the money that GOG has.
How is it in any way fair of both GOG and journalists to turn that power against people like me?
Well this isn't going to go anywhere.

You can associate yourself with that group if you want and you can be offended if you want, it's your prerogative.
Post edited July 19, 2018 by SirPrimalform
high rated
Just in case my thread gets deleted I'll copy-paste my post here:

A lot of you may know by now or at least are learning now about GoG's recent debacle concerning a tweet they put out advertising Postal 2: Paradise lost. It was basically a gif from the game referencing Gamergate and journalism with the protagonist peeing on gaming journalism's gravestone.

Now I don't care too much about that, it was just a simple advertising tweet for a game; I thought it was all in good fun, though I was surprised that GoG would post such a controversial tweet to advertise the game. I didn't think much of it until they just flat-out removed it after they received a metric ton of flak from game journalists.

I kind of understand GoG's situation. They were put into a very uncomfortable spot and I got a vibe that GoG was scared of the implications of game journalists writing hit pieces against the site or something along those lines. Considering it was already starting with places like VG24/7, I can't blame them too much. I don't know who picked out that gif to advertise with but I feel bad for 'em. But GoG's response is what really disappointed me.

They post an apology for their tweet, and then go on to call Gamergate an "abusive movement" and that GoG doesn't "condone hate".

Considering that the game journalists and media outlets involved during Gamergate's peak have outright stated that they hate gamers, consider them dead and not their audience anymore and are disgusted by them, going so far as to call them "white neckbeard misogynist terrorists worse than ISIS" (paraphrased but I can find the articles if you'd like), I'd say that GoG did just that. They condone hate against gamers by supporting these game journalists.

I choose to use GoG because I consider it an ethical, good storefront. The curation for the most part is solid and tight enough to bar shovelware, though I'm glad that they're also loosening it enough so that we get a steady stream of games. I put money into my GoG wallet not too long ago preparing to buy more and more games. Another thing I like about GoG is its community. They have incredibly high standards and aren't afraid to trash on GoG when they feel they are doing wrong, but also give plenty of love and support when they feel GoG is doing right by them. The community I've seen here is quite reasonable and ethical.

What I cannot support is GoG basically taking sides against me and all other gamers who have had a problem with the current state of ethics in gaming journalism. I along with all other gamers have been labeled as a white neckbeard terrorist misogynist by these games journalists when *none* of that is true. I'm a non-white (not gonna say minority since I'm not looking for that kind of attention) college student who works hard and plays hard and I like to spend my money where I believe its worth it. I've already bought numerous Falcom games from this storefront and I was intending to buy more as well as other, old games that interested me. Warlords Battlecry and Rage of Mages 2 and all these other games from my youth I was ready to buy and play at some point or another, but...

I really cannot fully put my faith in GoG at this point. The storefront hasn't been affected by this but how long until it does? How much does GoG listen to games journalists and how much will GoG be willing to censor if it comes down to it?

All I was hoping for from this was an apology from GoG to RWS for deleting the advertising tweet for them since they're an indie developer who really needs it, but instead I was basically attacked and I saw no amends for them, which is an absolute shame too. I really wish GoG hadn't chose to side against me and others like me, but those are my thoughts.

I hope GoG reconsiders their official stance and doesn't make me regret putting my money into my GoG wallet.
high rated
Had this saved, luckily, before the thread was deleted. Found we should be putting it all in this one so posting it here.

GOG's apology didn't call you abusive unless you choose to associate yourself with the people who sent death and rape threats etc.
I don't imagine you did any of those things, but then why are you getting offended?
Bingo. If you're not doing any of those things, then GOG wasn't referring to you and you have nothing to worry about.
Because it was still using GG. There was actual work being done but there was a lot of people that did also just jump into a hashtag because it's a hashtag that was getting attention.

When trying to make other places to discuss things without using Twitter, they fell through a lot of times because even having a Reddit page set up wasn't going to be allowed without being griefed to hell for shit that had nothing to do with those of us actually trying to figure all of this out now that we had found more of us in general that had some similar feelings about how games journalism was and then seeing things explode into what was dubbed GamerGate.

The movement itself was NOT something of hate and all this shit that keeps being spun but of course nobody cares and just talks shit about gamers as a whole that don't agree with whatever ideology they want to push.

A lot of those claiming GG was doing this horrible thing or that... was shit groups like Baph trying to cause a stir becaus they just thought it would be funny to see gamers keep being griefed.

It sucked. Badly. But no matter what, nobody fucking cared what we said and even GOG is saying we're a hate group. That outright sickens me.

EDIT: 3:27 in the morning. Seven hours after this was posted, looks like. The people quoted were quotes from another thread that was previously deleted. Names are NOT correct because it took the post number of THIS thread instead of the thread I originally had it posted for. I had quickly saved the post on noticing the thread wasn't reloading.

I apologize for the confusion and to those that were tagged instead over here that had nothing to do with it. Changing the quotes to remove names and post numbers though that means I can't credit who made those posts.
Post edited July 20, 2018 by Arinielle
high rated
Arinielle: Had this saved, luckily, before the thread was deleted. Found we should be putting it all in this one so posting it here.

Hastur-: Bingo. If you're not doing any of those things, then GOG wasn't referring to you and you have nothing to worry about.
Arinielle: Because it was still using GG. There was actual work being done but there was a lot of people that did also just jump into a hashtag because it's a hashtag that was getting attention.

When trying to make other places to discuss things without using Twitter, they fell through a lot of times because even having a Reddit page set up wasn't going to be allowed without being griefed to hell for shit that had nothing to do with those of us actually trying to figure all of this out now that we had found more of us in general that had some similar feelings about how games journalism was and then seeing things explode into what was dubbed GamerGate.

The movement itself was NOT something of hate and all this shit that keeps being spun but of course nobody cares and just talks shit about gamers as a whole that don't agree with whatever ideology they want to push.

A lot of those claiming GG was doing this horrible thing or that... was shit groups like Baph trying to cause a stir becaus they just thought it would be funny to see gamers keep being griefed.

It sucked. Badly. But no matter what, nobody fucking cared what we said and even GOG is saying we're a hate group. That outright sickens me.
Those were replies to my now deleted post. Thankyou for saving that, looks like GOG really doesn't care about their customers concerns.
It's a shame that they claim to denounce hate while promoting it in the very same post.
I think they just want to put it all in this thread so the whole forum doesn't become nothing but these threads.
Arinielle: I think they just want to put it all in this thread so the whole forum doesn't become nothing but these threads.
That's an easy excuse in their defense, but it also serves to contain everything to a single thread that doesn't even mention it in the OP and the events that take place don't even happen until page 5 either...
It feels really lame all things considered, especially since this backlash (unlike what those game journos were doing) is organic, disorganized and chaotic
Arinielle: I think they just want to put it all in this thread so the whole forum doesn't become nothing but these threads.
Surely they could have at least merged the threads.
Doing it this way just makes it look like they're trying to silence customer concerns.
low rated
Past threads were deleted due to the sheer volume of them on the front page, we don't need four threads on one topic
high rated
Linko90: Past threads were deleted due to the sheer volume of them on the front page, we don't need four threads on one topic
Then you should have merged them.
instead you silenced my concern, flexing the very power imbalance I was talking about.
At least I know my place now, it seems GOG has chosen hate.
Y'all both right on this. I'm so worn out from all this shit for several years now.

Why is it so difficult to just stay out of politics and shit and just focus on video games? That's what GOG is for.. games. Old and new, DRM free.

I don't give a damn about their politics but they sure are gonna start dragging people into it when they don't know anything about what they are being told.. or anything.
high rated
I don't really care for e-movements and their related drama, but the guys in charge of the twitter account don't know how to handle PR. You don't make a tweet promoting a controversial game and then delete it and apologize. It makes no sense promoting it in the first place if you weren't prepared for the (insignificant) backlash.
Post edited July 19, 2018 by Mountian_Savage
low rated
PoppyAppletree: Gamergate was a hate and abuse movement, you just missed the memo. Most likely you're one of the true believers who took the "ethics in games journalism" thing at face value. I recommend this video series:
Lucian_Galca: Dear lord this. The whole GG thing has been long tainted by hate and abuse. If you're not into those things, then don't associate with GG.
A lot of thiese people associate with Gamersgate just because they think it makes them look daring ,brave,non confrimists and edgy..

Note how a lot of the GG supporters here are using alt.right rhetoric. They are either bigots or are willing to mouth any rhetoric if they think it makes them look "cool and edgy".