It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dude, I totally missed you.

Paradise Lost, the unhinged expansion pack for the unsavory cult hit POSTAL 2 is finally available DRM-free on GOG.com.

Post(al)-apocalypse has never been so wack! The Dude ventures back into his former hometown looking for his lost dog but instead finds trouble in all shapes, sizes, and heartbeats. The citizens have gone nuclearly insane, gotten themselves zombified, joined freaky factions (sort of the same thing, really), and pretty much given the Dude plenty of reasons to turn them into radioactive pulp as he free-roams this loco land.
Elmofongo: The mere fact that there are people here who said "What's going on here? I don't get it?, What's GamerGate?"
It shows where their real priorities are.
Well, there's work, rent, family, peace, politics ... probably reasonable priorities I'd say. If I would ask anybody at work about Gamergate I am sure nobody knows a thing about it - and they survived.
Post edited July 19, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: O.K. - I fear the reply - but isn't it possible to merge threads with the GOG forum software?
I hate to bring statistics into this, but if it were possible (or better said if it worked), wouldn't we have seen/detected such a merger in all our years here? :P
Linko90: Hope this clears things up, and i won't coming to your place of work anytime soon...i still get lost on the tram.
Phew... :)

HunchBluntley: Don't remember any official game-release comment threads getting this bad, though. Unless it was maybe for a game I really didn't care about, and stopped reading the thread for lack of interest before the shitstorm happened.
No, I don't think it was when releasing a new game. IIRC it was some random tweet they made that triggered (heh) some complaints and so they apologized and/or deleted the tweet. Then came those offended at the previous offended getting their way. Nobody remembers what I'm talking about? Am I imagining things? :S

StingingVelvet: Anyway, the people complaining about complaining end up coming across as whining just as much if not more than the original whiners.
Indeed. Just as a quick recap, today we've had:

· 1 "anti-GG" thread complaining about GOG making that tweet and "associating themselves with RWS and GG"
· 6 or 7 "pro-GG" threads complaining about GOG apologizing and deleting the tweet, and "caving in to SJWs"
Elmofongo: The mere fact that there are people here who said "What's going on here? I don't get it?, What's GamerGate?"

It shows where their real priorities are.
StingingVelvet: An actual real priority in the real world would be getting Puerto Rico's power 100% restored and getting its citizens voting rights in Congress and for the Presidency, am I right? That's the kind of shit people should be putting this much brain power into FFS.
Exactly.

Regarding the power though, I read a news article a few weeks ago that power is almost 100% restored, but still we are now in a new hurricane season and dread another Maria/Katrina like Hurricane.

And there is some rumblings that Puerto Rico may become a 51st state by 2021.
low rated
on 2nd though i'm not getting political
Post edited July 19, 2018 by tinyE
high rated
StingingVelvet: Jesus I can't believe people get so riled up about this stuff. In the real world, where real people with real lives go about their day, it's a simple "oh some people took offense so they removed it, whatever" kind of thing. No one cares. No one can imagine caring like you people do. It's frankly baffling.

Also in the real world when a group is tainted it's tainted, that's just how it works. If I start an after school club called Jim's Red Shirts and two of my crew go crazy and assault and rob someone then my crew is going to get the side-eye from then on as a gang. That's how life works. Thus since tons of GamerGate members were crazy misogynists who harassed people online they're going to be tainted as a group. That's how life works. None of that means Waypoint (barf) is always right with their whiny articles or Sarkesian's feminist videos are gospel (nope!). It just means you can't celebrate GamerGate like it's the freaking Justice League.

Anyway, the people complaining about complaining end up coming across as whining just as much if not more than the original whiners. 'Twas ever thus on the internet, and every time an "SJW" topic comes up it's proven again. You embarrass yourselves frankly when you bitch and complain like crybabies over a deleted tweet by a business that's just trying to get along with people.
Why is the first one okay to you but the second one baffling? Also if no one can imagine it wouldn't this never have been an issue in the first place?

Can you prove that tonnes of gamergaters are that and did those things? Also why is that bad but the antiGG people who did the same, including terrorist bomb threats, get to come off squeaky clean and continue to use a platform to successfully make demands of GOG?

How is a company "just trying to get along with people" when their apology tweet contains an attack on a group of it's customers? That was a completely unnecessary addition.
HunchBluntley: Don't remember any official game-release comment threads getting this bad, though. Unless it was maybe for a game I really didn't care about, and stopped reading the thread for lack of interest before the shitstorm happened.
muntdefems: No, I don't think it was when releasing a new game. IIRC it was some random tweet they made that triggered (heh) some complaints and so they apologized and/or deleted the tweet. Then came those offended at the previous offended getting their way. Nobody remembers what I'm talking about? Am I imagining things? :S
I'm sure you're right. I just don't often venture into the threads that are created specifically for the outrage junkies to congregate and get high together (unless it's to make fun of them), so it's especially noteworthy to me when this kind of junk creeps into an official thread -- at least, one that wasn't about GOG announcing "Good News™".
low rated
deleted
high rated
As I wrote in the other post:

Very SAD that GOG needed to do this, but GOG guys you still got my support, as I understand the internet angry mobs including and specially the actually super-frustrated and willing to do anything related to attention but not to promote games that is nowdays game journalism in general, are annoying to the point they don´t help you AT ALL to sell more than 10 copies of a game, but they can just fuck you up, so better make them shut up.

But this is "kidnapping" your freedom, and basically kidnapping you.
high rated
muntdefems: No, I don't think it was when releasing a new game. IIRC it was some random tweet they made that triggered (heh) some complaints and so they apologized and/or deleted the tweet. Then came those offended at the previous offended getting their way. Nobody remembers what I'm talking about? Am I imagining things? :S
GoG retweeted Terry Crews talking about the PC Master Race. Some people got offended since master race is a white supremacy term. GoG removed it and apologized. I was slightly disappointed GoG would apologize for something like that - but ultimately didn't really care. What is different now is that GoG has actively insulted a segment of their customers.
tremere110: GoG retweeted Terry Crews talking about the PC Master Race. Some people got offended since master race is a white supremacy term. GoG removed it and apologized. I was slightly disappointed GoG would apologize for something like that - but ultimately didn't really care. What is different now is that GoG has actively insulted a segment of their customers.
This.
high rated
If this part of the Postal 2 DLC is so horrible that GOG has to disavow it publicly, why do they have no problem continuing to sell it and profit from it? Isn't that condoning it? Where's the consistency?
Post edited July 19, 2018 by BlueAxolotl
BlueAxolotl: If this part of the Postal 2 DLC is so horrible that GOG has to disavow it publicly, why do they have no problem continuing to sell it and profit from it? Where's the consistency?
Imagine if GoG ends up censoring it.
That'd be a laugh; they probably won't though because $$$ and censorship of that level tends to create much bigger backlashes.
high rated
Thanks for releasing this Gog. You guys rock!
tremere110: GoG retweeted Terry Crews talking about the PC Master Race. Some people got offended since master race is a white supremacy term. GoG removed it and apologized.
That was it! Thank you for remembering (and for proving I'm not senile yet :P)