It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dude, I totally missed you.

Paradise Lost, the unhinged expansion pack for the unsavory cult hit POSTAL 2 is finally available DRM-free on GOG.com.

Post(al)-apocalypse has never been so wack! The Dude ventures back into his former hometown looking for his lost dog but instead finds trouble in all shapes, sizes, and heartbeats. The citizens have gone nuclearly insane, gotten themselves zombified, joined freaky factions (sort of the same thing, really), and pretty much given the Dude plenty of reasons to turn them into radioactive pulp as he free-roams this loco land.
noamlol2: Hey GOG, why have you removed the tweet?!
WE are your customers, not those vile SJW communists

seriously, stop apologizing and removing totally innocent tweets
you're only gonna lose more PR that way
Fenixblade33: I love GoG but they really don't have much of a backbone on twitter...
It was always pretty obvious that CD Projekt in general prefers to avoid controversy and taking sides. It would be a good thing too - I believe that companies shouldn't take moral positions on issues - but in this case, the remark about an abusive movement kind of makes it seem like they did take a side this time.

It's disappointing, for lack of a better word.
Post edited July 19, 2018 by wingboner
high rated
Trying to appease outrage addicts who are already boycotting you over the Witcher series or don't even play videogames is the best idea ever.
low rated
noamlol2: Hey GOG, why have you removed the tweet?!
WE are your customers, not those vile SJW communists
As a vile SJW communist, I resent the implication that I am not a GOG customer.
LordSavok: Trying to appease outrage addicts who are already boycotting you over the Witcher series or don't even play videogames is the best idea ever.
Claim like that can only be proven through sales data. I generally believe the same as you but I saw no conclusive proof.
high rated
LordSavok: Trying to appease outrage addicts who are already boycotting you over the Witcher series or don't even play videogames is the best idea ever.
wingboner: Claim like that can only be proven through sales data. I generally believe the same as you but I saw no conclusive proof.
The games those people champion almost always have terrible sales. Often to the point the devs dissolve. Meanwhile games that go out of their to agitate them (like Kingdom Come) sell millions despite being completely broken at launch.
Redfern: They did it again...Base game - No Linux. DLC - no Linux.
GOG, RWS, seriously, WTF?
I think, some insiders explained it in past.
There is some agreement in between gag and publishers, where they talk about profits and payments. For some reason, the same game counts as different entry for each OS. So - it may be not that profitable to sell them all.

Again - I dunno if its true, nor if it depends on greed of each publisher. Only some info regarding the situation, I've used to read on gag forums some time ago.

Also sometimes its not the only issue. For example, some games (srow series) feature linux ports, made by third party companies. So - to sell them there, gag will need to make an agreement not only with original publishers/developers, but also with these companies. Which may be difficult/non-profitable (remember that gag is a business company).

Not to mention that linux port may be broken/glitchy (mount and blade: warband) or outdated (tower of guns)
Post edited July 19, 2018 by Gekko_Dekko
high rated
Bunch of cowards. A joke is a joke. Don't like it, don't read it. Certainly don't apologise to those spineless twits. Spineless left wingers ruining everything as per usual.
Redfern: They did it again...Base game - No Linux. DLC - no Linux.
GOG, RWS, seriously, WTF?
Gekko_Dekko: I think, some insiders explained it in past.
There is some agreement in between gag and publishers, where they talk about profits and payments. For some reason, the same game counts as different entry for each OS. So - it may be not that profitable to sell them all.

Again - I dunno if its true, nor if it depends on greed of each publisher. Only some info regarding the situation, I've used to read on gag forums some time ago.

Also sometimes its not the only issue. For example, some games (srow series) feature linux ports, made by third party companies. So - to sell them there, gag will need to make an agreement not only with original publishers/developers, but also with these companies. Which may be difficult/non-profitable (remember that gag is a business company).

Not to mention that linux port may be broken/glitchy (mount and blade: warband) or outdated (tower of guns)
Seemingly nothing to do with greed at all...
A representative of Running With Scissors in this very thread talked about them having difficulties with it...Post 97

"As for the Linux and Mac builds of P2 and PL on GOG - we've run into a series of problems with trying to make the DRM-free builds run well, and it's been puzzling us to no end. The plan was to have them ready for this same release, but because of these issues we had to push them aside because they just weren't in a presentable state. Unfortunately I can't give an ETA on when they might be ready, so I've got no good news to give on the matter. :( "
high rated
I found the tweet funny. I supported Gamergate and I could understand why they would remove it. Controversy bring a level of infamy that a business like GoG doesn't want. Then they went and posted this. Apologizing is one thing but essentially saying that those of us who supported Gamergate were part of a hate and abuse movement - that was a little much. Jumped right out of the frying pan and right into the fire with that.
low rated
tremere110: I found the tweet funny. I supported Gamergate and I could understand why they would remove it. Controversy bring a level of infamy that a business like GoG doesn't want. Then they went and posted this. Apologizing is one thing but essentially saying that those of us who supported Gamergate were part of a hate and abuse movement - that was a little much. Jumped right out of the frying pan and right into the fire with that.
Gamergate was a hate and abuse movement, you just missed the memo. Most likely you're one of the true believers who took the "ethics in games journalism" thing at face value. I recommend this video series:

https://youtu.be/6y8XgGhXkTQ
I think both sides of this debate are often annoying, but in this case it's better not to rub it in people's faces, especially when you're a store rather than a piece of art commenting on things. Removing the tweet was the right move.
darthspudius: Bunch of cowards. A joke is a joke. Don't like it, don't read it. Certainly don't apologise to those spineless twits. Spineless left wingers ruining everything as per usual.
Leaving aside all the other ways in which I disagree with you, how is "Don't like it, don't read it" even possible?
I'm frankly surprised you managed to finish the post without somehow turning the subject to immigration.
Post edited July 19, 2018 by SirPrimalform
low rated
PoppyAppletree: Gamergate was a hate and abuse movement, you just missed the memo. Most likely you're one of the true believers who took the "ethics in games journalism" thing at face value. I recommend this video series:
Dear lord this. The whole GG thing has been long tainted by hate and abuse. If you're not into those things, then don't associate with GG.
high rated
I'm not a power user or anything but I've bought stuff here over the years. Not anymore. I will not financially support any institution that caves to the mob, it makes life worse for all of us when you embolden these people. It gives them more power to ruin people's lives, attack them, and even engage in revisionism. Speak of the devil...

PoppyAppletree: Gamergate was a hate and abuse movement, you just missed the memo.[/url]
No matter how many times you say this it won't be true. Constantly lying and accusing others of being "hateful and abusive" is in itself hateful, but we both know the reason you do that is to try to take that card off the table. Projection is not a good look.

For anyone not in the know about all this I'd recommend googling "gamers are dead" some time. You can see where the real hate and abuse is coming from.
Rich-RWS: Hey boys and girls! Rich from RWS dropping by. I was hoping to address a couple of things that have been brought up in this thread, to hopefully clear some of the air.
(..)
Love you all!
Rich
Welcome on GOG Rich!
That is ok, apology accepted ; )
I do hope, however, RWS will be more communicative in the future and we'll get Linux ports here rather sooner than later as well as Postal Redux.
One thing, could you please get a dev badge from GOG? Will be much easier for all of us.
take your time, have a peek around, grab some games perhaps? the place isn't as bad as some may think ; )