It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dude, I totally missed you.

Paradise Lost, the unhinged expansion pack for the unsavory cult hit POSTAL 2 is finally available DRM-free on GOG.com.

Post(al)-apocalypse has never been so wack! The Dude ventures back into his former hometown looking for his lost dog but instead finds trouble in all shapes, sizes, and heartbeats. The citizens have gone nuclearly insane, gotten themselves zombified, joined freaky factions (sort of the same thing, really), and pretty much given the Dude plenty of reasons to turn them into radioactive pulp as he free-roams this loco land.
MarkoH01: So GOG really IS trying to repair their image regarding missing updates. I wonder if this also means that Perception might be fixed soon...

Thank you and forward GOG - you are on a run :)
The problem here was not GOG but RWS...and I do think there a difference between a game update and an expansion.
low rated
PannicAtack: That seems to be the case. The guy can't keep a sugar daddy.
tinyE: I think Bill Maher deserves a little of the credit for his downfall too. Not as much as he's claiming, but still. some. :D
Maybe. I think it was kind of inevitable. Milo used glibness as a way to mask his complete lack of understanding on the issues he championed, and that combined with the fact that his public persona was that of just a generally lousy human being just kind of makes me think it was a given he was going to burn out.
PannicAtack: Should probably correct that the guy no longer works for Breitbart. Got ousted because of some pedo comments.
I'm not defending his position - I'm largely agnostic about this particular topic - but Milo said young homosexual men - sexually developed teen boys - don't always have available partners in their age bracket, being a minority, and thus their relationships with older men aren't always predatory. He had also spoken against those who are sexually interested in prepubescent children in the past (something about some Hollywood figures iirc).

Agree or disagree, the hysterical reactions on both the left and right are born of political and psychological causes. The left hated Milo because he was an effective opponent and a gay man not towing the party line, and the neocon right hated him both for being a gay man and a popular voice of a new faction of the right that threatened their dominance and orthodoxy. The left is scared s***less of anything that might link homosexuality and "pedophilia" in popular imagination, and the old right is scared s***less by the thought of teenagers being "corrupted" and "turned gay" by homosexual men. And thus Milo was crucified to the cheering of both sides.

I wasn't Milo's biggest fan, but I enjoyed that he represented something new, a break from the insane duopoly of politics as usual.
low rated
tinyE: I think Bill Maher deserves a little of the credit for his downfall too. Not as much as he's claiming, but still. some. :D
PannicAtack: Maybe. I think it was kind of inevitable. Milo used glibness as a way to mask his complete lack of understanding on the issues he championed, and that combined with the fact that his public persona was that of just a generally lousy human being just kind of makes me think it was a given he was going to burn out.
Agreed. That's why I stressed that Maher helped. The fall of Milos was inevitable, but by putting him on his show, something much more advertised and seen that your average InfoWars bit, he helped speed up the collapse.
low rated
PannicAtack: Should probably correct that the guy no longer works for Breitbart. Got ousted because of some pedo comments.
sharkinit: I'm not defending his position - I'm largely agnostic about this particular topic - but Milo said young homosexual men - sexually developed teen boys - don't always have available partners in their age bracket, being a minority, and thus their relationships with older men aren't always predatory.
Ah, but the thing is, Milo doesn't stop to ask "why are young gay men in this situation?" I look at that and I go "hmm. Maybe if society didn't force gay people into the closet and thus leave them with limited options for understanding their sexualities they wouldn't be in weird predatory relationships with older men."

But Milo doesn't really do that. He adopts the mindset of "that's the way things are, deal with it" and then says gays should get back in the closet, have fake marriages, and then cheat on their wives.
high rated
But the real question is why some people think RWS should be crucified for including (unpaid but with his permission) a voiced character that so many people despises so they can shoot, or piss on him?

Frankly, I'm sick of the moralistic idiots who make up excuses to boycott games for flimsy reasons. Pick any game you like, I bet there is a good chance that someone who worked on the game in some capacity committed some sort crime against humanity at least as bad as voting for Trump. These witch hunts say a lot about the people starting them and much less about the game or company itself.

I'm sure Milo was included BECAUSE he was a controversial figure that a lot of people hated. That way the lot of you could get your jollies off (if you want) by killing his avatar in creative ways. I give some credit to both RWS and Milo for not being stick in the muds and getting a decent laugh out of it.

Personally, I care about the games themselves and how fun they are to play. I can care less about the political stances of the voice actors or even the heads of development. I care about the games.

I'm not going out of my way to avoid games inspired by some hack self-proclaimed game critic nor avoid them because of the way the head of development voted. If it's a good game, I'll play it. Simple as that.
high rated
Hey boys and girls! Rich from RWS dropping by. I was hoping to address a couple of things that have been brought up in this thread, to hopefully clear some of the air.

First and foremost - we're all incredibly regretful that it took as long as it did for us to be able to update our games, and include Paradise Lost, on GOG. For whatever it's worth, we never had any intention of leaving our GOG fans in the dust. We had been working on getting Paradise Lost on here ever since it came out, but we kept running into issue after issue that kept stonewalling us from getting it done, to the point where we eventually had to put it aside to work on other more pressing things. Same goes for the base game updates. Our fans and supporters mean a great deal to us, and we would never intentionally do anything to screw them over, unless it was beyond our control.

As for the Linux and Mac builds of P2 and PL on GOG - we've run into a series of problems with trying to make the DRM-free builds run well, and it's been puzzling us to no end. The plan was to have them ready for this same release, but because of these issues we had to push them aside because they just weren't in a presentable state. Unfortunately I can't give an ETA on when they might be ready, so I've got no good news to give on the matter. :(

I know a lot of you have already lost trust and faith in us, because of how long this took, and you are entirely justified in that. This release absolutely should not have taken as long as it did, and you have every right to be upset about it. But for whatever it's worth, I just want to say that it's never been because we don't care about our customers. We're just a team of hard-working monkeys, trying to do the best we can and learning as we go along, and so we keep running into problems and situations that we're not fully equipped to deal with, despite our best efforts. So be mad at us for our incompetence, but not because we don't care about you (because we really do).

I'll swing by this thread every now and then to reply to anyone, but if you want to get in touch with me to say nice things or to yell at me for being a big fat dummy, feel free to shoot me an e-mail - rihards@gopostal.com - or jump into our Discord server and rant at me there - discord.gg/rws

Love you all!
Rich
Post edited July 19, 2018 by Rich-RWS
Just my personal opinion but I respect that GoG is keeping that tweet up.
Hopefully Paradise Lost sells well; I know you guys provide as best a support as you're capable of, though I will admit to some disappointment regardless.
Edit:
WELP
That was short-lived.
Post edited July 19, 2018 by Fenixblade33
Hey GOG, why have you removed the tweet?!
WE are your customers, not those vile SJW communists

seriously, stop apologizing and removing totally innocent tweets
you're only gonna lose more PR that way
noamlol2: Hey GOG, why have you removed the tweet?!
WE are your customers, not those vile SJW communists

seriously, stop apologizing and removing totally innocent tweets
you're only gonna lose more PR that way
I love GoG but they really don't have much of a backbone on twitter...
If they apologize for Gamergate though, I will honestly stop using and recommending this storefront. I respect GoG but my principles as a gamer come first and if GoG wants to side with people who have a vocal disdain for gamers over their own core audience then I really don't know what to tell them besides "Sorry but you don't care for my business anymore".
Post edited July 19, 2018 by Fenixblade33
Rich-RWS:
Your avatar.
Frank Zappa and Doug Henning had a kid. :D
Digging up 4-year-old corpses is fun!
Post edited July 19, 2018 by Grargar
Grargar: Digging up 4-year-old corpses is fun!
Isn't that what GOG is about? Clearly the reason for the wait was to allow it be be sufficiently old enough to be included.
low rated
Andddddd they apologized like the cucks they are
https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1019896004294922242
i'm done with GOG

"Go full SJW pay the price.
Anger the SJW journalists get a prize. (Kingdom Come Deliverance)"

GOG clearly doesn't care who their fan-base are, and since they're *Polish i'm DEEPLY
shocked to find them shilling for Marxism

*mod edit-please refrain from using offensive terms, cheers.
Post edited July 19, 2018 by Linko90
noamlol2: Andddddd they apologized like the cucks they are
https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1019896004294922242
i'm done with GOG

"Go full SJW pay the price.
Anger the SJW journalists get a prize. (Kingdom Come Deliverance)"

GOG clearly doesn't care who their fan-base are, and since they're Polacks i'm DEEPLY
shocked to find them shilling for Marxism
Money > Integrity. Funnily enough thats what Gamergate was about.