It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For all the fans of classic RPGs this title will be like a journey through time.

It took creators many years to develop Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, but our patience has been more than rewarded. The title features a beautiful 2D hand-drawn artwork, more than 244 maps to explore, and provides the gamers with over 600 hours of play.

Buy Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar on GOG.COM and get a 25% discount until 2nd January 2020, 2 PM UTC.
Already got me one copy, will pick up another one for the undiscounted full price next year.
Thanks for reconsidering, GoG & curation.
low rated
pkk234: What's with all the hubbub surrounding this game?
When the game out it was basically in early access so GOG waited for the game to be "completed" while some people raged that "We want it NOW!!!".
Some things I'm wondering about this game:

* Once you start, is your party set in stone (like in Wizardry 6 or later), or is there a place where you can leave party members behind and create/recruit new ones, changing them out later if you feel like it?
* Is there an option to get the main interface to display numbers for health and other resources, rather than (or in addition to) bars?
* How do a character's skills improve?
* Does age matter, and if so, is there a way to reduce it?
* Can enemies or effects (this includes things like resurrection) cause permanent damage to your characters?
* How is healing magic? Is it strong enough to be usable? (Wizardry 6 and 7 had a problem with healing magic being so weak later on that bringing a character back to full health after a fight was extremely tedious, even with a high level caster; Wizardry 1-5 solved this with MADI, but had issues until that spell appeared.) Is it worth using in combat? Are there any healing abilities that work in interesting ways?
* What's the level cap, are level ups random, and does anything other than a choice made at level up time affect stat growth? (Also, can stats go down? This might sound like a silly question, but remember that classic Wizardry did this.)

Edit: Thought of a couple more:
* Is the game well balanced in its current form?
* When a new party is fighting low level monsters (the sort that new characters would be expected to be able to defeat), do attacks consistently hit, or is there a lot of missing going on?
Post edited December 12, 2019 by dtgreene
low rated
Naga_Elite: Great. Now people can get a DRM free copy. Not sure why it wasn't available here on launch.
The Steam edition of Grimoire doesn't need the Steam client to run. There is no DRM. I successfully transferred the game (version 2) on an old notebook/laptop running Windows XP (32 bit) and with 4:3 screen. The game started without any issues. I suspect this is also valid with version 3 (released in November 2019), but I haven't tried yet.
Looks interesting. Add to backlog or no? That is the question. Answer: Probably, yes
low rated
If now they were also willing to add Hatred and AGony Unrated to the list and some other shoot em ups they rejected I'll start buying again, which includes the upcoming Wizardry. I'll buy this to show my support for these games but I won't be a paying customer again untill is see more change in the choices since some of the past games that were rejected were a lot better than some crap these hippie indie developers are releasing nowadays.
athineos: Does this game has a Random Map Generator like HOMM3?
no, everything is hand made, the only random parts are encounters (beside named enemies like bosses).

docbear1975: Looks interesting. Add to backlog or no? That is the question. Answer: Probably, yes
that's not the game to put into backlog (anyway - backlogs are silly in concept because there is not enough time or life to beat most of the games from some list), it's 100-250h long journey, not something to scratch from some list.
So the game is finished now?
18 replies before someone stopped being polite and started getting real.

Question to those who've played it - would it be worth buying if someone enjoyed say... Legend of Grimrock? Obviously not asking in regard to graphical fidelity but more the general style/approach.
Attachments:
real.jpg (198 Kb)
low rated
RWarehall: My only suggestion for the brigaders...
You better put your money where your mouth is, or else the next game you stump for likely won't be accepted...
Please learn to accept your defeat with dignity. This release doesn't affect you in any way.

Congratulations to everyone who was waiting for this game on GOG and finally got it! (:
high rated
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Truly, the sun has fallen from the sky, the rivers have boiled into the ether, and hell itself has frozen solid to the core!

[EDIT] AND IT HAS A MANUAL LMAO
Post edited December 12, 2019 by yogsloth
RWarehall: My only suggestion for the brigaders...
You better put your money where your mouth is, or else the next game you stump for likely won't be accepted...
I wasn't eager to buy anything this year, but now I'll have to pick this up.
low rated
TheMonkofDestiny: 18 replies before someone stopped being polite and started getting real.

Question to those who've played it - would it be worth buying if someone enjoyed say... Legend of Grimrock? Obviously not asking in regard to graphical fidelity but more the general style/approach.
You have to get real to get things done, Also RWarehall is a known complainer when it comes to having a choice, he thinks GOG needs to be like Stalin was during the WW2 and you need to follow the party line or you'll get....
Post edited December 12, 2019 by dgnfly
low rated
Sad day when this homophobic neanderthal gets on GOG.

athineos: Does this game has a Random Map Generator like HOMM3?
No.

It is nothing like HOMM. It is a copy of Wizardry style games - but much less user friendly.
Post edited December 12, 2019 by rlnonay
Bought and downloaded.

The manual is 163 pages lol, no wonder it took Cleve 20+ years to write it