It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For all the fans of classic RPGs this title will be like a journey through time.

It took creators many years to develop Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, but our patience has been more than rewarded. The title features a beautiful 2D hand-drawn artwork, more than 244 maps to explore, and provides the gamers with over 600 hours of play.

Buy Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar on GOG.COM and get a 25% discount until 2nd January 2020, 2 PM UTC.
low rated
dgnfly: I always make certain things unclear so people like you get offended and need to defend something trivial. I also do it to get a response from people. in general, I'm harder to offend and don't worry as much as what a person feels is a bad or good game cause I stand for choice not whether it's good or bad. Gotta love it when people get triggered over trivial things.
To be fair MarkH01 is more rational and less easily offended and reasonable than some others here. :)
low rated
dgnfly: I always make certain things unclear so people like you get offended and need to defend something trivial. I also do it to get a response from people. in general, I'm harder to offend and don't worry as much as what a person feels is a bad or good game cause I stand for choice not whether it's good or bad. Gotta love it when people get triggered over trivial things.
GameRager: To be fair MarkH01 is more rational and less easily offended and reasonable than some others here. :)
True but I always think it's laughable when people need to defend something trivial like there are plenty of people that think GOG rejected actual good games and released really bad ones but it seems he can't take the notion calling it out simply cause and some other people doesn't feel that way. He himself wanted a game released here that got rejected so if he feels the system is ok the way it is he should accept it and not complain if they rejected games he wants released.
low rated
dgnfly: True but I always think it's laughable when people need to defend something trivial like there are plenty of people that think GOG rejected actual good games and released really bad ones but it seems he can't take the notion calling it out simply cause and some other people doesn't feel that way. He himself wanted a game released here that got rejected so if he feels the system is ok the way it is he should accept it and not complain if they rejected games he wants released.
Tbh I don't mind if people are a tad hypocritical...we all are to some extent....it's the ones that are overly so(like a certain someone ITT, for example) that bother me more. ;)
RWarehall: My only suggestion for the brigaders...
You better put your money where your mouth is, or else the next game you stump for likely won't be accepted...
Looking at the all-time bestseller list, Grimoire has already outsold titles like Blair Witch, Daymare: 1998, the Wasteland 3 pre-order, Asterix & Obelix XXL 3, MOLEK-SYNTEZ, Terminator: Resistance and Corpse Party: Blood Drive within just over a day of release. Granted, most of them probably aren‘t masterpieces for the ages, but I would wager that they should sell reasonably well based on brand recognition alone. It has since overtaken titles like Red Faction: Armageddon, Layers of Fear 2 and We Happy Few (the latter being promoted to hell and back by gog for well over a year).

Not too shabby. Not too shabby at all. Especially considering how most people who really wanted a non-Steam version probably got it on another platform already, since it was all but certain that Grimoire would ever be released on gog after the initial rejection a year ago.
fronzelneekburm: Looking at the all-time bestseller list, Grimoire has already outsold titles like Blair Witch, Daymare: 1998, the Wasteland 3 pre-order, Asterix & Obelix XXL 3, MOLEK-SYNTEZ, Terminator: Resistance and Corpse Party: Blood Drive within just over a day of release. Granted, most of them probably aren‘t masterpieces for the ages, but I would wager that they should sell reasonably well based on brand recognition alone. It has since overtaken titles like Red Faction: Armageddon, Layers of Fear 2 and We Happy Few (the latter being promoted to hell and back by gog for well over a year).

Not too shabby. Not too shabby at all. Especially considering how most people who really wanted a non-Steam version probably got it on another platform already, since it was all but certain that Grimoire would ever be released on gog after the initial rejection a year ago.
Most if not all of those titles are also much more expensive than this game, and GOG users aren't known for spending much money on their games...
I'm still keeping it in wishlist until somebody confirms that wiki article about linux will resolve specifically the mouse lag issue. And ideally it would be nice to hear from Cleve that he is linux-aware and will try to not break it even more with future versions (like for example Blizzard did with starcraft, just when they released it for free).

(I mean, rationally I absolutely don't understand how people can be still using windows, it's kinda ridiculous and funny (and sad), but that's not my problem and forcing "good" upon somebody is much more evil, so ... yeah... use what you want... but at least some active acknowledgment from Cleve would be nice (about putting some minimal effort into not breaking it more), if not full native support)
Mafwek: Most if not all of those titles are also much more expensive than this game, and GOG users aren't known for spending much money on their games...
True, but a lot of them have been in the catalogue long enough to have gone on sale at least once or twice. But Rwarehall is the expert as far as discounts are concerned, he'd know better.

Besides, I'm not entirely sure how placement in the all-time bestseller list is calculated (i.e. number of units sold VS amount of money a game made).
takezodunmer2005: It doesn't matter if it's "technically" an installation as you STILL need to do the initial install online!
GameRager: It matters somewhat as it is one of the few games steam sells that one can play without steam. :)

Also most people kinda have to be online to use gog, so beyond making a steam account to DL/install the game there is less difference once the files are installed/moved.
Not really, all you need to do to use GoG is to download the install files and unlike steam, GoG's client is strictly optional; whereas steam is required to DL/install the game... and there are more games that require steam to authenticate/install/run with the client then not, so much so that it cannot be considered DRM-Free.
low rated
ped7g: (I mean, rationally I absolutely don't understand how people can be still using windows, it's kinda ridiculous and funny (and sad), but that's not my problem and forcing "good" upon somebody is much more evil, so ... yeah... use what you want... but at least some active acknowledgment from Cleve would be nice (about putting some minimal effort into not breaking it more), if not full native support)
I can't speak for everyone, but the benefits(less spying, forced updates, etc...almost all of which one can disable with some tweaks here and there) are outweighed by the minuses(learning a new OS, configuring it, finding software and games for it, etc).
========================================

takezodunmer2005: Not really, all you need to do to use GoG is to download the install files and unlike steam, GoG's client is strictly optional; whereas steam is required to DL/install the game... and there are more games that require steam to authenticate/install/run with the client then not, so much so that it cannot be considered DRM-Free.
That's mostly what I was trying to get at, actually.....but it's not THAT much work and steam often has cheaper prices for some games so for a bit of work(installing client, running it, buying games, porting files on games one can) it can be a bargain for some.
Post edited December 14, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
RWarehall: My only suggestion for the brigaders...
You better put your money where your mouth is, or else the next game you stump for likely won't be accepted...
fronzelneekburm: Looking at the all-time bestseller list, Grimoire has already outsold titles like Blair Witch, Daymare: 1998, the Wasteland 3 pre-order, Asterix & Obelix XXL 3, MOLEK-SYNTEZ, Terminator: Resistance and Corpse Party: Blood Drive within just over a day of release. Granted, most of them probably aren‘t masterpieces for the ages, but I would wager that they should sell reasonably well based on brand recognition alone. It has since overtaken titles like Red Faction: Armageddon, Layers of Fear 2 and We Happy Few (the latter being promoted to hell and back by gog for well over a year).

And you know all too well their bestseller lists are buggy as heck. Look at GreedFall as the current best seller...
And Transport Fever 2 is high up on the list with it's 10% discount and $35.99 price tag too?

If it's actually making GoG money, good for them...but let's see how people start feeling about it after they try to play it and how that might affect future sales. Steam reviews seem to suggest people in general aren't so enthused...

I also find it rather unlikely Offworld Trading Company is the worse selling title of All-Time on GoG (not counting DLCs and Deluxe editions)
fisk0: The developer certainly doesn't seem to be a sympathetic person, but I think that's the rule rather than the exception these days.
MarkoH01: Don't know if calling people on GOG SWJs is the rule as well.

http://archive.vn/d0da3

After I read it (and the mean take on the German language along it) I was sure that I would not buy it even if it would be my favorite game of the year. Don't want to support such persons. I have enough games developed by devs I like and I'd rather give them my money. But that's only my opinion and everybody should decide for him or herself.
So I take it you look at the entire Twitter/Facebook/Forum history of every lead developer of every video game before you play it so you can see if they've ever said anything you find objectionable? "Oh look at this, the lead dev of XYZ game said on Twitter something 7 years ago which could be seen as sexist, I'm never playing this game!"

Must be really sad to have this kinda mindset, unable to enjoy things because you cannot detach fictional works from reality. Imagine how long the list would be of famous artists, authors etc who created great works but probably weren't angels in their personal life. Would you boycott them too?

As for Cleve's RPG Codex history, I actually find most of his posts funny and know that he is a long-time troll so I don't take any of them seriously.
Post edited December 14, 2019 by Crosmando
low rated
RWarehall: [snippiness]
[...]
This is a game designed with all the flaws and more of games 20 years ago and then turned many of those flaws up to 11. There are 15 classes and one can switch from one to another, 14 different races, 12 different spell schools, 11 different attribute scores, 97 different skills and 7 different types of attacks all with different modifiers. All that for characters expected just to reach about level 10. Maybe some will love they can play crazy races and classes and combinations, and may be proud when they piece together a crazy OP combination but I suspect many will be turned off when if you aren't optimizing the combinations, you'll suffer for it. This isn't getting into the information overload leading to decision paralysis. Remember all the complaints about no manual? Look at all those options and imagine trying to decide without knowing what any of them do. At least the manual is finally released with all the charts necessary for one to start parsing that information. Imagine what it was like when one had no clue what anything actually did? That was clearly evident in those Let's Plays...
Let's put all our cards on the table. I myself am admittedly biased in favor of this game, insofar as that I am a diehard RPG fan who likes this particular game and want more similar games to it to come here to this store. Now, since I've said that, can you admit that you are biased against this game (possibly the whole genre)? You have been "crusading" against this game in multiple topics for months and months. Actually, I'm pretty sure Grimoire was even missing on a recent post of yours about "new GOG price low, etc".

This is useful information when it comes to others asking questions.

If someone is not a fan of old-school RPGs, their advice on them should be taken with a pretty big grain of salt. This applies to other genres too; for example, I have seen some complaints before about GOG selling "grandpa war games"...so I wouldn't recommend going to those folks for information about war-themed turn-based strategy games. That isn't to say they couldn't provide accurate information, only that their perspective is going to be inherently different than that of a fan of the genre (even if both did end up disliking the game).

RWarehall: If it's actually making GoG money, good for them...but let's see how people start feeling about it after they try to play it and how that might affect future sales. Steam reviews seem to suggest people in general aren't so enthused...
Wouldn't it make more sense in the present to look at the GOG reviews, at least as the primary inquiry? You know, since we have them now, and since the version on this site is the updated version of the game? By the way, I see quite a few negative GOG reviews from people who aren't verified owners. I insist you call them out for their "crusading" in order to be intellectually honest and consistent with your previous posts. Here's betting that you won't...

MarkoH01: Don't know if calling people on GOG SWJs is the rule as well.

http://archive.vn/d0da3

After I read it (and the mean take on the German language along it) I was sure that I would not buy it even if it would be my favorite game of the year. Don't want to support such persons. I have enough games developed by devs I like and I'd rather give them my money. But that's only my opinion and everybody should decide for him or herself.
Crosmando: So I take it you look at the entire Twitter/Facebook/Forum history of every lead developer of every video game before you play it so you can see if they've ever said anything you find objectionable? "Oh look at this, the lead dev of XYZ game said on Twitter something 7 years ago which could be seen as sexist, I'm never playing this game!"
"I love Guardians of the Galaxy! Wait, no, I hate it now!"
Post edited December 14, 2019 by rjbuffchix
low rated
RWarehall: And you know all too well their bestseller lists are buggy as heck. Look at GreedFall as the current best seller...
And Transport Fever 2 is high up on the list with it's 10% discount and $35.99 price tag too?
I love how you can say that after praising and touting steam data for other games.

RWarehall: If it's actually making GoG money, good for them...but let's see how people start feeling about it after they try to play it and how that might affect future sales. Steam reviews seem to suggest people in general aren't so enthused...
Gog should only care about the money they make and people don't try to get refunded, as I keep saying.
=============================

rjbuffchix: By the way, I see quite a few negative GOG reviews from people who aren't verified owners. I insist you call them out for their "crusading" in order to be intellectually honest and consistent with your previous posts. Here's betting that you won't...
Post edited December 14, 2019 by GameRager
richlind33: What that person describes technically constitutes an installation.
takezodunmer2005: I specifically mentioned that you have to be online for the installation of the game which is DRM; GoG allows you the offline Installers, steam does not, which is why it's DRM and GoG is not; sure you can play/transfer the installed game without steam's client, but you still have to install the game online in order to be able to play/transfer it.

It doesn't matter if it's "technically" an installation as you STILL need to do the initial install online!
Specifically speaking, you've shifted the goalposts, as you didn't specifically make reference to *initial* installations. Which is fine, if it makes you feel better. But as GameRager alludes to, you do need to be online to download offline installers, which is kind of prerequisite to doing your INITIAL installation, ya know? lol
Post edited December 14, 2019 by richlind33
GameRager: To be fair MarkH01 is more rational and less easily offended and reasonable than some others here. :)
dgnfly: True but I always think it's laughable when people need to defend something trivial like there are plenty of people that think GOG rejected actual good games and released really bad ones but it seems he can't take the notion calling it out simply cause and some other people doesn't feel that way. He himself wanted a game released here that got rejected so if he feels the system is ok the way it is he should accept it and not complain if they rejected games he wants released.
1) You are still talking about objective good/bad games which imo is a thing that does not exist.
2) I don't think the system is ok but I think the flaws cannot be avoided BECAUSE of the subjectivity.
3) I did not complain when "my" game (I guess you are talking about Unbound) was rejected - I asked others to help GOG showing that they probably should change their decison.

To make it clear: I completely understand that people get sad/angry when games are rejected they like and consider to be good while GOG accepts others those people dislike and don't consider to be good. I only say that this does not apply to everybody since taste is subjective. And since because of this GOG will always reject games you like and vice versa. This unfortunately is unavoidable in a store with curation.

dgnfly: I always make certain things unclear so people like you get offended and need to defend something trivial.
I did not defend anything - I did clarify ... therefore I was not offended but only correcting.
Post edited December 14, 2019 by MarkoH01