It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For all the fans of classic RPGs this title will be like a journey through time.

It took creators many years to develop Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, but our patience has been more than rewarded. The title features a beautiful 2D hand-drawn artwork, more than 244 maps to explore, and provides the gamers with over 600 hours of play.

Buy Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar on GOG.COM and get a 25% discount until 2nd January 2020, 2 PM UTC.
low rated
Klumpen0815: Not trying to censor anyone here, but could some of you please somehow keep the discussions about "what constitutes DRM" (there are many threads about that already), the douchy dev and his work separate?
The drm stuff is offtopic, so fair enough, but the dev is tied to the game so imo it's ok for some talk on the matter here....also we have a whole subforum dedicated to the game now for people to find information in. ;)
Dreaganos: I have no idea if i should get this.
Never played a wizardry or might&magic game just Stonekeep, Anvil of Dawn, Grimrock 1/2 and enjoyed those.
https://techraptor.net/gaming/previews/embracing-your-inner-grognard-with-grimoire-heralds-of-winged-exemplar

From oct 2019:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkAIi-l9k1w
From nov 2019:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_OJLKT0esg

If you can get past the UI and the repetitive music/sounds (especially the monster sounds plays constantly), and slow battles, it's not too bad for the price that is today (when it was released the first time the price was over 30USD, which was insane). The game world itself is rather beautiful... too bad it's so small window.

It's also really hard in the beginning, however, it's the kind of game that isn't for anyone...
Post edited December 15, 2019 by sanscript
low rated
sanscript: The game world itself is rather beautiful... too bad it's so small window.
There are many games like that made over the years(several RPGs in fact).....small arse viewing windows and a ton of hud around them.
sanscript: If you can get past the UI and the repetitive music/sounds (especially the monster sounds plays constantly), and slow battles, it's not too bad for the price that is today (when it was released the first time the price was over 30USD, which was insane). The game world itself is rather beautiful... too bad it's so small window.

It's also really hard in the beginning, however, it's the kind of game that isn't for anyone...
Thank you and yeah from what i saw its quite nice seems like a game i would enjoy.
low rated
Dreaganos: Thank you and yeah from what i saw its quite nice seems like a game i would enjoy.
Me too.....I was going to buy it myself next month but someone gifted me a copy out of the blue so i'll likely be playing it next year sometime(or sooner), and when i'm done i'll post a full review(and i'll likely do an unofficial review in the what are you playing thread or elsewhere until i'm done as gog doesn't allow review editing, sadly).

It also reminds me a bit of the old Might and Magic games as well, so it should be fun. :)
Haha, it's here.
Dreaganos: Thank you and yeah from what i saw its quite nice seems like a game i would enjoy.
You're welcome! :D
low rated
Some songs to get people in the mood for Grimoire and to celebrate the release properly:
========================================

To get people in the RPG spirit: (Song starts at 0:36)

To get people ready to face tough odds while playing: (Audio Only...I don't think a music video exists for this one)

To show how some of us feel now that the game is here: (I see Cleve as Mc Frontalot in this one)
Post edited December 15, 2019 by GameRager
GameRager: There are many games like that made over the years(several RPGs in fact).....small arse viewing windows and a ton of hud around them.
If the game(s) is supposed to be a hailing to those old rpg games, then you loose many people in its current status.

In the 80s/90s you had limitations you had to consider, a dev needed to be constrictive because of low resolution on the hardware in those days. I think if the dev had much less padding and a bigger view the game would be more popular.

Also, considering aesthetics and design; Wizardry 7 and 8 had a lot cleaner, simpler and darker UI, because it's the main view where the action is and should be the main focus. I mean, the dev might be a terrific programmer, but doesn't necessary know how to design a good and intuitive UI/game. He was after all hired as a programmer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJvSDLA6z1g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWAw5PbEQq8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqdKBSXVK5w

I don't care about his past honestly and it's not the usually type of game I play in these days, but I would praise the game if it got a serious refresh on the UI :D
Post edited December 15, 2019 by sanscript
low rated
sanscript: If the game(s) is supposed to be a hailing to those old rpg games, then you loose many people in its current status.
True but more old school gamers might be able to look beyond that, slightly annoying as it is.

sanscript: In the 80s/90s you had limitations you had to consider, a dev needed to be constrictive because of low resolution on the hardware in those days. I think if the dev had much less padding and a bigger view the game would be more popular.
Well seeing as this game has been worked on for many years maybe they made it with such in mind and didn't want to keep changing it ala DNF's constant engine/etc updates?

Also it seems to be doing fine enough as it is, if it's ascent up the seller lists are any accurate indicator. :)

sanscript: Also, considering aesthetics and design; Wizardry 7 and 8 had a lot cleaner, simpler and darker UI, because it's the main view where the action is and should be the main focus. I mean, the dev might be a terrific programmer, but doesn't necessary know how to design a good and intuitive UI/game. He was after all hired as a programmer.
If he did most of the work himself then I still doff my cap to him for that much.

sanscript: I don't care about his past honestly and it's not the usually type of game I play in these days, but I would praise the game if it got a serious refresh on the UI :D
Sometimes one needs to look past flaws to find gems in the rough....it might not be your thing & that's fine, but some might still like it even for it's flaws.

(Like SS1 and it's smallish viewing screen, and the crusader games and their weird control schemes)
Post edited December 15, 2019 by GameRager
GameRager: Some songs to get people in the mood for Grimoire and to celebrate the release properly:
========================================

To get people in the RPG spirit:
GameRager: (Song starts at 0:36)

To get people ready to face tough odds while playing:
GameRager: (Audio Only...I don't think a music video exists for this one)

To show how some of us feel now that the game is here:
GameRager: (I see Cleve as Mc Frontalot in this one)
Nice... I am in the mood, if I just could find the time to play this game. It looks like it requires quite a bit of time to play it to the finish.
Tallima: This game has looked like my cup of tea and also not for a long time.

For anyone who has played it, can you break your character so s/he can't function or win?

Examples:
In might and magic x, I broke my characters so I couldn't compete in my level bc I put the wrong points in places.
Same thing for Geneforge.

Also, how much instant death is out there?
Example: early in might and magic x, they set you against spiders. Poison is expensive to get rid of (you don't have much money) and you have so few ho that you die fast.

If it's super-thinks-a-lot and highly mathematical character min-max crafting, then I'll go elsewhere. But otherwise, it looks lovely and terrible - my favorite combo.
For what it's worth, there are a lot of options for difficulty included in the game, and the manual itself states that while some parties are easier than others, you can get through the game with almost any combination.
I just created a quick party to give it a try, and it seems like it would be pretty easy to get into. It looks like it is fairly well balanced for people who don't want to min/max.
That's just from my first hour of the game impressions.
Tallima: This game has looked like my cup of tea and also not for a long time.

For anyone who has played it, can you break your character so s/he can't function or win?

Examples:
In might and magic x, I broke my characters so I couldn't compete in my level bc I put the wrong points in places.
Same thing for Geneforge.

Also, how much instant death is out there?
Example: early in might and magic x, they set you against spiders. Poison is expensive to get rid of (you don't have much money) and you have so few ho that you die fast.

If it's super-thinks-a-lot and highly mathematical character min-max crafting, then I'll go elsewhere. But otherwise, it looks lovely and terrible - my favorite combo.
advancedhero: For what it's worth, there are a lot of options for difficulty included in the game, and the manual itself states that while some parties are easier than others, you can get through the game with almost any combination.
I just created a quick party to give it a try, and it seems like it would be pretty easy to get into. It looks like it is fairly well balanced for people who don't want to min/max.
That's just from my first hour of the game impressions.
Thanks. Good to hear from you!

I think I'll wishlist it for now and maybe when I get a few down weeks I'll give it a shot.
low rated
athineos: Nice... I am in the mood, if I just could find the time to play this game. It looks like it requires quite a bit of time to play it to the finish.
It looks like it'd take at least as long as the more long Might and Magic and Wizardry games, at least. And have fun. :)
Hey, any of you guys know if there is a possibility of GoG connect? Purchased the game 2 years ago on Steam, and Cleve said that if the game were to ever releases on GoG, he will offer GoG connect.
Post edited December 16, 2019 by erickjhdez