It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For all the fans of classic RPGs this title will be like a journey through time.

It took creators many years to develop Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, but our patience has been more than rewarded. The title features a beautiful 2D hand-drawn artwork, more than 244 maps to explore, and provides the gamers with over 600 hours of play.

Buy Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar on GOG.COM and get a 25% discount until 2nd January 2020, 2 PM UTC.
Guys, is this an actually reasonable game, or are people hyping it purely for the joke value?

I seriously can't tell :D
low rated
XYCat: Guys, is this an actually reasonable game, or are people hyping it purely for the joke value?

The game has some good qualities, but overall after 20+/30+ years of development you'd think the developer have come longer instead of using his energy on fighting his online "enemies"... so yes, the latter :D
Post edited December 12, 2019 by sanscript
XYCat: Guys, is this an actually reasonable game, or are people hyping it purely for the joke value?

It's a difficult game "stuck" in the late 90's / early 2000's. If you're a fan of the Wizardry series -- or that time and style of gameplay -- and enjoy "hardcore" and unforgiving games, there's some fun to be had among the rough edges.
high rated
Glad this showed up, thanks GOG. I hope other previously rejected, highly-voted, well-made games show up eventually. (Underworld Ascendant does not appear to be "well-made", though.)

We don't know what's going on with Celeste right? (maybe GOG is waiting a while since it was free on EGS already)

(not all of these of course, just a list of the top-voted indies or indie-adjacent not yet here)
Hatred, Rimworld, Subnautica, Cave Story +, Celeste, Axiom Verge, Underworld Ascendant, Super Meat Boy, The Binding of Isaac : Rebirth, Dwarf Fortress, etc.
Post edited December 13, 2019 by tfishell
Now give us Dungeon Master, Chaos Strikes Back and Dungeon Master 2.
I don't see any reviews from verified owners .
i_hope_you_rot: http://archive.vn/d0da3
Thanks. I wasn't particularly looking to read it again, I just realised that it had been deleted and wondered why...
Wow. I did not expect this.
SirPrimalform: Thanks. I wasn't particularly looking to read it again, I just realised that it had been deleted and wondered why...
You're welcome .
low rated
isnt teh dev a ragin' troll an' insults his customers for teh australian dollar?

gog must be strugglin' for $$$$$$
low rated
Fairfox: isnt teh dev a ragin' troll an' insults his customers?
The very same "infamous" one :D
i_hope_you_rot: I don't see any reviews from verified owners .
It did just release after all. But a lot of people have played it on steam already.
pkk234: What's with all the hubbub surrounding this game?
Well... the dev has a... peculiar ego and, has, hmm... strong feelings toward what most, but not him, consider to be human beings. For reference:
https://forum.quartertothree.com/t/the-identity-and-value-of-cleve-blakemore/4341/9

dtgreene: Some things I'm wondering about this game:

* Once you start, is your party set in stone (like in Wizardry 6 or later), or is there a place where you can leave party members behind and create/recruit new ones, changing them out later if you feel like it?
* Is there an option to get the main interface to display numbers for health and other resources, rather than (or in addition to) bars?
* How do a character's skills improve?
* Does age matter, and if so, is there a way to reduce it?
* Can enemies or effects (this includes things like resurrection) cause permanent damage to your characters?
* How is healing magic? Is it strong enough to be usable? (Wizardry 6 and 7 had a problem with healing magic being so weak later on that bringing a character back to full health after a fight was extremely tedious, even with a high level caster; Wizardry 1-5 solved this with MADI, but had issues until that spell appeared.) Is it worth using in combat? Are there any healing abilities that work in interesting ways?
* What's the level cap, are level ups random, and does anything other than a choice made at level up time affect stat growth? (Also, can stats go down? This might sound like a silly question, but remember that classic Wizardry did this.)

Edit: Thought of a couple more:
* Is the game well balanced in its current form?
* When a new party is fighting low level monsters (the sort that new characters would be expected to be able to defeat), do attacks consistently hit, or is there a lot of missing going on?
No answers for you here - as I have the same questions, but I'm actually surprised, given your expertise, that you have not played this one yet.
Post edited December 12, 2019 by Dalswyn
high rated
Got it! And I almost got this on the last Steam sale, but I waited for some reason. Just need to wait until I'm ready to commit over a hundred hours, then I'll play it.

Why do people give a shit about a developer? I'll take this guy over the modern "pretend to be polite PC robot any day". In real life, for all you know, the guy could become your most reliable friend, and the dev you currently worship could be a child molester. You don't really know the person. Just play the games you like and don't worry about the other shit.
Post edited December 12, 2019 by CMOT70
fisk0: The developer certainly doesn't seem to be a sympathetic person, but I think that's the rule rather than the exception these days.
Don't know if calling people on GOG SWJs is the rule as well.

http://archive.vn/d0da3

After I read it (and the mean take on the German language along it) I was sure that I would not buy it even if it would be my favorite game of the year. Don't want to support such persons. I have enough games developed by devs I like and I'd rather give them my money. But that's only my opinion and everybody should decide for him or herself.
dgnfly: ...since some of the past games that were rejected were a lot better than some crap these hippie indie developers are releasing nowadays.
Thank you for deciding for everybody what's a good and what's a bad game. It is not as if GOG did not reject any games I would like to have here as well - but that does not mean that those were better than the ones they released ... just different and if the released games are good or bad is purely subjective. I might hate what you consider to be a good game and vice versa.

For the record: I only bought Hatred because of the hype and imo it's a very boring and bad game ... and still many think it is a good game and that's perfectly fine.
Post edited December 12, 2019 by MarkoH01