It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Attacked on Titan.

FLASHBACK™ is now available, only on GOG.com, 10% off until January 3rd.

As resilient as its scientist protagonist, legendary platformer FLASHBACK™ returns in its 25th anniversary with a Modern mode! This optional mode brings a post-FX graphic filter, remastered music and sound, tutorials, and a Rewind function which should make your attempt at escaping Titan slightly easier.

FLASHBACK™ is a timed GOG.com exclusive.
Whaaattt?? GOG always step ahead!

This version is definitively BETTER than the reboot where Ubisoft take part.

This is going to my whislist!
MarkoH01:
Microids have not even noted my ticket, it's there for 11 days with zero update. I've posted "any update?" line, probably they are not interested.
MarkoH01:
Cadaver747: Microids have not even noted my ticket, it's there for 11 days with zero update. I've posted "any update?" line, probably they are not interested.
Unfortunately same here. We would need far more people to join us in posting them to even be able to make a difference I guess.
MarkoH01:
Cadaver747: Microids have not even noted my ticket, it's there for 11 days with zero update. I've posted "any update?" line, probably they are not interested.
Finally got sort of a reply from Microids

"Thank you for your message.
We sent your request to the teams and if your request is approved, they will reply to you directly. Even though, we close the ticket for now, we stay at your disposal."
igrok: I feel the same.The DOS version would be a very convenient and much desired release of a truly classic game. This "remaster" on the other hand is completely uninteresting for me...
There's no real reason for them to release the DOS version. This one is just as good and perhaps better in places.
darthspudius: There's no real reason for them to release the DOS version. This one is just as good and perhaps better in places.
I wouldn't be so sure. Some of the reviews for the remaster are not enthusiastic to say the least, and the DOS version has one very important advantage to a few people: compatibility with anything that runs dosbox (for example, Linux). This version is basically useless for me, even if it had no other problems.
igrok: I feel the same.The DOS version would be a very convenient and much desired release of a truly classic game. This "remaster" on the other hand is completely uninteresting for me...
darthspudius: There's no real reason for them to release the DOS version. This one is just as good and perhaps better in places.
There's no real reason NOT to release the DOS version (double negative, I know). Just add the game as a nice bonus for the remaster and they will pick up some more sales for sure.
Yes it's as good as any if you prefer playing old 4:3 ratio DOS games on stretched widescreen. Also you can't put back original sound effects in Remastered version, you are locked to hear only the "better" effects. Why it was so difficult to make a few options between music and sound FX from different versions with a big button "save my changes" I have no idea.
MarkoH01: "Thank you for your message.
We sent your request to the teams and if your request is approved, they will reply to you directly. Even though, we close the ticket for now, we stay at your disposal."
Same here. Of course we can be 100% sure that development team is still exists and fully funded to make a patch. (never happen probably)
Post edited January 22, 2019 by Cadaver747
This one also has an incorrect aspect ratio - I would not call this "as good" or even "better".
How do you make this game work? It starts up fine, but UP is DOWN & vice versa.

I've tried many things to correct this to no avail. Can anyone help me, the GOG Tech ticket I opened was useless.
ericblood: How do you make this game work? It starts up fine, but UP is DOWN & vice versa.

I've tried many things to correct this to no avail. Can anyone help me, the GOG Tech ticket I opened was useless.
Have you looked into the dedicated Flashback forum already?
https://www.gog.com/forum/flashback

There's a thread that mentions your issue...looks like it could have something to do with the controller you're using?
https://www.gog.com/forum/flashback/buyers_beware_no_way_to_redefine_keyboard_no_gamepad_support/post6

Edit: there also seems to be an issue, if Steam is running in the background...
Post edited August 27, 2019 by BreOl72
ericblood: How do you make this game work? It starts up fine, but UP is DOWN & vice versa.

BreOl72: Have you looked into the dedicated Flashback forum already?
https://www.gog.com/forum/flashback

There's a thread that mentions your issue...looks like it could have something to do with the controller you're using?
https://www.gog.com/forum/flashback/buyers_beware_no_way_to_redefine_keyboard_no_gamepad_support/post6

Edit: there also seems to be an issue, if Steam is running in the background...
THX 4 the reply, I'll check all that out.
Serren: I've played the original, I've played REminiscence and I've seen the video and the screenshots for this release. That's plenty enough to make an experienced judgement.
MarkoH01: You've seen the videos and screenshots of this release with some enabled features you can turn off. So no, that's NOT enough to make an *cough* experienced judgement. You simply have not seen the game when features are turned off.
Ghildrean: You can disable most of the things except the shiny street points and a reminder button that you can skip cinematics. Nevertheless, it's not exactly the DOS version, or at least the sound effects are not the same.
MarkoH01: I have to say that I really don't understand the devs here. They even advertize with the fact that "the original" is still available (GOG seemed to have change the game description it seems or I am misremembering) so they must know that there are people out there who would like to play the original as it was back then. Looking and sounding as it did back then. Hard to imagine that this would be impossible. Some would even consider "Choose to play with the original graphics and sounds from the 90’s and face an unforgiving difficulty." to be false advertizing.

Still bought it ... just saying.

Edit: I cannot find this anymore.
I purchased Flashback for the PC when it came out in the 90s. I purchased this version on GOG a few days ago, I enjoyed unlocking all the street art, but there appears to be no "turn off street art" feature which wrecks the whole retro aesthetic they were offering alongside the updated one.

My solution to this is to simply play the original on DosBox. when I don't feel like looking at the street art points.

I was happy to pay for the remaster. The rewind feature is useful and the tutorials were very helpful to my kid.
I've played through in Spanish and English. The Spanish translation has... oddities but is tolerable (at least to me). I get the sense that it was machine translated. I've read comments that say the German and Italian translations are virtually unintelligible. As I'm writing this on an English language forum I imagine poor translations into non-English languages won't be an issue for most people reading this, but those from.families where some gamers don't speak English may want to read others' comments here and on Steam before purchasing.