It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Attacked on Titan.

FLASHBACK™ is now available, only on GOG.com, 10% off until January 3rd.

As resilient as its scientist protagonist, legendary platformer FLASHBACK™ returns in its 25th anniversary with a Modern mode! This optional mode brings a post-FX graphic filter, remastered music and sound, tutorials, and a Rewind function which should make your attempt at escaping Titan slightly easier.

FLASHBACK™ is a timed GOG.com exclusive.
Cadaver747: As for the REminiscence, could you instruct me on how to put 25th Anniversary edition files there and run it properly please?
The link that Marko posted in his reply is all you've got to do. But to get music (as intro music, and menu music woun't be playing) you will need the Amiga music files located here:

https://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/Flashback

Download the lha file and extract it. Put all of the mod files into a new folder called music in the data directory. You should then have music.
Cadaver747: I just received automated email reply, it was found in SPAM folder, you might want to check yours. I have activated Microids account, there I can see my ticket #53230 with screenshots attachments.
MarkoH01: Will check my spam folder - thank you for telling me.

Cadaver747: As for the REminiscence, could you instruct me on how to put 25th Anniversary edition files there and run it properly please?
MarkoH01: You are asking the wrong person (since I only learned aboit it because of this thread) but everything you should need is in this post. Just tell me if you should occur problems. It worked for me so I might be able to help you after all. First try the steps in the linked post.

Cadaver747: What are those cutscenes exactly, where can one see them in game? Perhaps you could post a link to YouTube.
MarkoH01: I am sure that Serren could help you better here. Again - I did not even know about those additional scenes prior to this release.

I think I just ping him and hope he will answer your question :)
Serren:
MarkoH01:
The additional cutscenes are leaving the Metro and using the switch with the broken fuse, both during Level 2.
Ghildrean: The additional cutscenes are leaving the Metro and using the switch with the broken fuse, both during Level 2.
Thank you very much!
Pond86:
MarkoH01:
Thanks, it was not about setting up the REminiscence (it was done already if you check my old posts) I just couldn't find the data folder in 25th anniversary game to copy the files for some reason. Now it's done and working properly.

The only combination which is not working: original videos with SEGA-CD/PC-CD voice overs, probably it's not feasible.

Could you please help me one last time? I don't know how to remove ugly filters in REminiscence.
Post edited December 16, 2018 by Cadaver747
Cadaver747: The only combination which is not working: original videos with SEGA-CD/PC-CD voice overs, probably it's not feasible.
So far nobody reported getting it to work so it probably just is not working with the files available on the net.

Cadaver747: Could you please help me one last time? I don't know how to remove ugly filters in REminiscence.
Sure. The default scaler is the problem so you have to use another one by starting the REminiscence i.e. with the parameter "--scaler=nearest@1" (nearest is nearest neighbour and a very simple scaler and the 1 is the scaling factor). You can find this information in the readme.txt included in the package).
Post edited December 16, 2018 by MarkoH01
Cadaver747: Could you please help me one last time? I don't know how to remove ugly filters in REminiscence.
Create a shortcut to RE on your desktop right click on the shortcut and click properties. In the target line after re.exe type the following:

[OPTIONS] --scaler=Nearest

Aditionally you can add these after option as well:

--fullscreen --widescreen=MODE

Widescreen will make it show it show images on either side rather than empty. If you want empty black borders (such as the DOS version) remove the --widescreen part.

And for more options in the Flashback folder will be a file called rs.cfg open this in notepad or whatever for more options. (Such as enabling those extra cutscenes that the GOG version has.)
MarkoH01:
Pond86:
Thank you!

Now the only minor thing left is that in original 1993 DOS version there is a little "ta-da" (or "pa-pa") tune during item pickup, I can't figure how to enable it in REminiscence yet.
Cadaver747: Now the only minor thing left is that in original 1993 DOS version there is a little "ta-da" (or "pa-pa") tune during item pickup, I can't figure how to enable it in REminiscence yet.
Now that you mention it I don't get that either. If you find out how to feel free to let us all know.

Does anyone know how to contact the developer of REminiscence as I want to ask about those Voice files, and why they arnt working?
Pond86: Does anyone know how to contact the developer of REminiscence as I want to ask about those Voice files, and why they arnt working?
This person should now:
https://github.com/cyxx?tab=repositories
Cadaver747: This person should now:
Thanks. I'll look into that.
Cadaver747: This person should now:
Pond86: Thanks. I'll look into that.
You don't need to sign up, there is his email in readme.txt, I didn't post it due to obvious reasons (never post any email on public resources).
Cadaver747: You don't need to sign up, there is his email in readme.txt, I didn't post it due to obvious reasons (never post any email on public resources).
Ah I didn't even notice that. I shall do that now (i'll also ask about the "ta-da" theme as well. I'll let you know what the reply is if I get one.

Edit: I also asked why SDL2.dll isnt included with the download.

Edit2: I also posted a guide here in the main Flashback forum about getting it working with RE.
Post edited December 16, 2018 by Pond86
Right so i've heard back from the developer of REminiscence and here is what he had to say:

1. SDL2.dll isnt included to keep download size down, and also to get people to get the latest version of the file.

2. Voices do work (i've just tried them out myself, and the wounded man does speak.) Its just cutscenes (such as watching the datacube) store their voice files in another file which is not currently supported. He is working on that, but there is no date as to when it will be ready.

3. The 'ta-da' sound is stored as a MIDI file, which is something REminiscence does not currently support.
Cadaver747: Now the only minor thing left is that in original 1993 DOS version there is a little "ta-da" (or "pa-pa") tune during item pickup, I can't figure how to enable it in REminiscence yet.
I don't think you can. The Amiga version didn't have that tune either.
Pond86: Does anyone know how to contact the developer of REminiscence as I want to ask about those Voice files, and why they arnt working?
The Mega CD/Sega CD uses FMV for the cutscenes so the voices won't play in the realtime vector cutscenes, only for "in-game" (non-cutscene) voices.
Post edited December 17, 2018 by Serren
Just for the record, I posted earlier in this thread that I would definitely buy it, but I'm not so sure anymore, I'm super let down that there's no linux version (or even DOS files, so we could use dosbox)... Hard to buy something you have no guarantee whatsoever that it will work (or something that you will need to spend time with workarounds to get it to work).

I do buy windows games (to run with Wine) but in this one I think they were too negligent with linux users.
I feel the same.The DOS version would be a very convenient and much desired release of a truly classic game. This "remaster" on the other hand is completely uninteresting for me...