It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30% discount for owners of the original!

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer <span class="bold">Chris Avellone</span> joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just seem unable to take it off their all-time favorites list.

The 30% discount for owners of <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment</span> will last until April 4, 9 PM UTC.

Note: <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span> will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com. The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released. Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wvsqfuRHmb8?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 29, 2017 by maladr0Id
high rated
I have to think about this long and hard. I love PT, probably my favorite game ever. But before I'll dip into this, I do need to know more what's been altered.
low rated
Excellent, pre ordered now but wont be able to play it straight away as on holiday in Turkey for 2 weeks from 7th!!
low rated
Now we can die of HD boredom!
high rated
Even with a 30% discount, it's too steep for me right now, considering I have the original and the mods I installed work perfectly with it. Maybe a couple years down the road when it's discounted steeper in a sale.
high rated
RIP original Torment, i will miss seeing you on the store, knowing that people are buying you and reliving old memories or discovering a great classic. But you will be pulled in favor of a new more expensive version.
high rated
A year ago I had to think long before buying other enhanced editions when they were $3 each for owners of the original versions. 30% off is not enough to convince me this time...
I just started a new game of PS:T a month ago, only to grind to a halt when it started crashing with corrupted saves. I'm skeptical about "enhanced editions" in general, but If it will be more stable and let me play the game without that extra stress, it will probably be worth it for me. But I'd like to hear about what actual players think about the update. Wishlisted for now.
low rated
Insta-preorder, thank you very much :)

Just tell me, will there be some restored content (for example, deleted quest with Fall from Grace, deconstructing damsel in distress cliche?) as well?
low rated
tomimt: I have to think about this long and hard. I love PT, probably my favorite game ever. But before I'll dip into this, I do need to know more what's been altered.
Here´s the FAQ: https://www.beamdog.com/planescape_faq
low rated
Muad.406: RIP original Torment, i will miss seeing you on the store, knowing that people are buying you and reliving old memories or discovering a great classic. But you will be pulled in favor of a new more expensive version.
I think the right thing for GOG to do is keep selling the original at it's current price, and *also* offer a Beamdud Edition for those who can't be bothered to learn how to instal mods.

Hear that, GOG? o.O

As far as I'm concerned, as soon as the option to buy the original by itself is eliminated, it will thenceforth be in the public domain.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by richlind33
low rated
I will get this for sure, but maybe will not pre-order or buy it very soon. My backlog is very strong and my time is very limited lately. There are many games I should play before, including some nice RPGs. But I really like the idea of the enhanced editions, especially as a mac user and more casual rpg-player. I know how to mod the originals and also did that in the past, but with less time I'm now more interested to quickly install and play a game.
high rated
I just started playing the original with the mods installed but it's a difficult balance between having the game in a higher resolution and being able to see what you're doing, which makes this very tempting.

Am I the only one who still feels a little uncomfortable about having access to original, classic versions of games removed, forcing people to purchase the more expensive remakes? (In this case it's £8.09 vs £14.99 without discount)
low rated
Insta-bought!
Never played the original...cannot wait to see by myself how good the game is ^^
high rated
Updated my journal.
Hmmmm, maybe IWD2EE isn't so far off after all?