It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30% discount for owners of the original!

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer <span class="bold">Chris Avellone</span> joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just seem unable to take it off their all-time favorites list.

The 30% discount for owners of <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment</span> will last until April 4, 9 PM UTC.

Note: <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span> will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com. The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released. Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wvsqfuRHmb8?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 29, 2017 by maladr0Id
low rated
lz8: Love the original (with mods that work fine on my rig). Haven't played it in a couple of years now. Think I'll stick with that one & maybe check out the enhanced edition in a few years. By then its reputation (& bug fixes) should be established.

In the meantime, **thank you** to all you folks who are diving right in and doing all that early-adopter work.
:)
Ooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeee,that colourful avatar spun me out and now I'm seeing spots and stars.
high rated
And Beamdog strikes again... They know that they EE games would be outsold be the original versions so they withdraw them from gog...
low rated
Is it just me or is this discussion just like the discussion over in the "Full Throttle" Remaster discussion?
high rated
Looks like beamdog is setting up to erase the legacy of one of the golden pillars of role playing games.

Again, what you need to do is vote for your wallets to preserve the legacy of the original game.
low rated
Let's ee what Beamdog has done before we condemn it.
I know that over the top hyperbole is part and partial of gaming forums,but it does get tiresome
Valerie.377: Looks like beamdog is setting up to erase the legacy of one of the golden pillars of role playing games.

Again, what you need to do is vote for your wallets to preserve the legacy of the original game.
Erase the legacy? They aren't burning down libraries, Archive.org, etc..

Hasbro's going to meld together the original and the Enhanced again in the name of money, and yeah that's monumentally dumb, but erasing PST's legacy is something far out of their league.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by Projectsonic
low rated
ANd the original is included with the EE version, so those new to the game can still, when they have played the EE version, install the original and have fun with the mods.
Muad.406: RIP original Torment, i will miss seeing you on the store, knowing that people are buying you and reliving old memories or discovering a great classic. But you will be pulled in favor of a new more expensive version.
richlind33: I think the right thing for GOG to do is keep selling the original at it's current price, and *also* offer a Beamdud Edition for those who can't be bothered to learn how to instal mods.

Hear that, GOG? o.O

As far as I'm concerned, as soon as the option to buy the original by itself is eliminated, it will thenceforth be in the public domain.
If Beamdog has gotten the rights to the game..which they have...it is not GOG's decision to make. Beamdog can dictate how the game will be sold, and for what price.
And as for "As Far As I Am Concerned, It is in The PUblic Domain" you don't seem to understand how copyright works......
Post edited March 29, 2017 by dudalb
Muad.406: RIP original Torment, i will miss seeing you on the store, knowing that people are buying you and reliving old memories or discovering a great classic. But you will be pulled in favor of a new more expensive version.
It will be bundled with the remaster.
low rated
Projectsonic: Hmmmm, maybe IWD2EE isn't so far off after all?
I am sure it is on Beamdog's to do list,now that the problems of adapting a new set of D and D rules has been solved. The differences between the rules for the Baldurs Gate/First Icewind Dale games and the rules for Plancescape Torment /IWD2 was , according to Beamdog, the main difficult in making EEs for the latter two games. So, I would bet that IWD2 EE is on it's way.
low rated
Valerie.377: Looks like beamdog is setting up to erase the legacy of one of the golden pillars of role playing games.

The original game is being bundled with the new version, so there's no loss here.
high rated
So, anyone else thinking PSTEE is going to be highly buggy on release and will remain buggy for another 5-10 years?
high rated
IwubCheeze: So, anyone else thinking PSTEE is going to be highly buggy on release and will remain buggy for another 5-10 years?
Why think it? It's guaranteed.
DieRuhe: [...] I've got the original, I don't need another copy (that I'm assuming I can't give away) [...]
I'm pretty sure how it works with the other EEs is that the old version bundled with the EE is just a redemption code in your library, and you can give it away to anyone you wish. I assume this will work the same.
high rated
The remaster seems to be pretty respectful and not add anything substantially new (and they've apparently gone to great lengths to emphasize that any of the new stuff was put there by Avellone himself). I still worry about little things like whether Fall-From-Grace's diary has been made openable, but overall I can't help but appreciate the restraint.

I'll very much miss hitting the "games" tab here and having PS:T be the number 1 result on the bestselling list, though. Bundling the games together will never cease to be grating in general, because it's basically giving us fewer options to buy the game while also jacking up the price for anyone who only wants the original. Because of that and Beamdog's reputation—deserved or not, the added companions and Dragonspear drama colored many people's perceptions of the company, as the Youtube comments on the trailer can attest—it's unlikely that the EE will ever climb its way back up to be the bestselling game on here. The original's 5-star rating also seems out of reach for the same reasons.

Maybe someday I'll pick up the Android version of this just to have a portable Torment, but only when I'm 100% positive that doing so wouldn't inadvertently help fund a Planescape 1.5 original Beamdog side story down the line. I'm also curious about what the "remastered soundtrack" actually means. While I'd hate for anything new to be added, remastered by way of feeding the original tracks into a brickwall limiter wouldn't be much better.
high rated
It is highly advisable that you wait at least three months for any patches to be released. If the past "Enhanced Editions" are any indication, this game will be in an unreliable state on release.