It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yogsloth: Examples of what… inanity? You can figure it out, YouTube boy.
Everything I have posted makes perfect sense to me. I need you to help me out a little. Is that so hard? Show me where the issue lay, and I will do my best to use small words... or pictures ... or more videos. ;)

Rainbows!

yogsloth: I’m trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here...
And that was ... well... I was going to say your first mistake.. but... moving on. Dangit.. I need a cookie...
yogsloth: So.
I tell you I prefer not to keep talking about roles or PMs, yet you want to specifically mention my name in relation to why we should. Are you just trying to antagonize me?

Let me see if I can try and explain this to you again. At the start of the game the only advantage town has is sheer numbers, and day one it will not get much better that. What is it scum needs to know to keep the upper hand? More info on who has possible power roles so they can remove them from the game and hinder town from getting more info. So why would you want to discuss the very thing they need right from the start? Will the need arise to discuss possible roles or something from a PM at some point during the game, absolutely. Is there any reason to do it on day 1 for town, absolutely not.

I think it just bothers you that day 1 there is a lack of information, well the truth is that's the way it will always be. The game is designed that way. If this was a game of revealing your PM and role info from the start and guess who's lying then it would not be called a mafia game.

You want to know what someone is thinking here's a thought, ask them. No need to go on about roles or PMs, ask questions to get what info you want.
"Hey yogs, what's your thoughts on this town, love it? like it? kind of hate it?"
"Hey yogs, what do you think of the bullies who ran our friend out of town?"
"Hey yogs, can you please stop trying to feed the scum info?"
trentonlf: "Hey yogs, what's your thoughts on this town, love it? like it? kind of hate it?"
-The town is pretty good. I mean, I wouldn't marry it, but I would definitely have sex with it and still respect it in the morning. And then have sex with it again.
-Bullies suck. But was that ranting nutjob really our friend? I mean, s/he did call me a doucheface. Ironically, not to my face. And after all I did for him/her - man, the nerve of that c__ and/or c___!

Frankly I think the town is better off now that they've gone. Y'know, assuming they don't sneak back into town at night as a vigilante or something.

Though really, there's only 14 of us, and presumably we don't all have amnesia. Wouldn't one of us remember who that was? Maybe they have really good makeup, or a Zorro costume or something.
Thank you all for the well wishes and such.

They are closing the place down and all are to be given their "freedom." They are looting this place like a CVS in Baltimore.

I got a rather galling letter from corporate reminding me to continue providing excellent service and to basically keep doing my job until the end.

I'll take their input and adjust my attitude accordingly.

I only have a moment here so I'll state I'm cool with Leonard taking a break. But of course it is all up to Vitek.

@trentonlf....I'll have a Maker's, neat.....I don't want to see this glass empty until I'm on the floor in a pool of my own shame.
I'm going to say this much. The game of Mafia is won and lost by the town, not the scum. The scum already know far more than we do (or will when they speak with each other at night). The town knows next to nothing. This fear of saying anything lest the scum learn too much is just backwards. They already know too much and we know too little. Town has more to gain by sharing information than lose.

In fact, if one wants to really break a Mafia game (which I don't endorse because it takes all the fun out of it), everyone role claims Day 1. Town will win virtually every time because it becomes very obvious who the most likely scum candidates are and the scum can't night kill us as fast as we can lynch them. Even if we're wrong once or twice.

This said, I am very very skeptical about anyone who wants to stifle discussion Day 1. That is a scum position. The more the town knows the better. The less the scum have to be on record for, the better for them. Avoiding town role discussion makes sense, but there really isn't anything wrong with discussing scum set-up or roles at all, except for the fact we know nothing, so its a mostly fruitless conversation.

But hey, you know, we could always discuss nothing Day 1 and no-lynch. Scum kills one of us because they already know who is town or not and we can enter Day 2 just about as ignorant as we are on Day 1. Does that sound good?

Nope. The more we discuss, the more people are put on record, the better it is for town. The people saying very little and especially the people trying to distract the conversation from being anything useful are most likely doing so for a reason. And that reason is more than likely not to our benefit...
RWarehall: They already know too much and we know too little. Town has more to gain by sharing information than lose.
You are right. The scum already know which townies have roles that should be targeted (cop, doctor), which are vanilla and can be ignored, and which townies have roles that should be ignored (Paranoid Gun Owner). Discussing this will obviously help town [/sarcasm]

RWarehall: everyone role claims Day 1. Town will win virtually every time because it becomes very obvious who the most likely scum candidates are
One scum claims cop early on. Another scum claims vanilla. One more may claim tracker. Another possibility is claiming miller, especially if you have laid breadcrumbs about it from the start. Not to mention that in some games, the mod also gives falsclaims to the scum.

RWarehall: and the scum can't night kill us as fast as we can lynch them. Even if we're wrong once or twice.
They can cause mislynches though.

RWarehall: This said, I am very very skeptical about anyone who wants to stifle discussion Day 1. That is a scum position. The more the town knows the better. The less the scum have to be on record for, the better for them. Avoiding town role discussion makes sense, but there really isn't anything wrong with discussing scum set-up or roles at all, except for the fact we know nothing, so its a mostly fruitless conversation.

But hey, you know, we could always discuss nothing Day 1 and no-lynch. Scum kills one of us because they already know who is town or not and we can enter Day 2 just about as ignorant as we are on Day 1. Does that sound good?

Nope. The more we discuss, the more people are put on record, the better it is for town. The people saying very little and especially the people trying to distract the conversation from being anything useful are most likely doing so for a reason. And that reason is more than likely not to our benefit...
You are aware the difference between "No discussions", "No role discussions" and "No PM discussions", are you not? I would rather have the investigative roles alive on Day 3 telling us their actions rather then knowing the investigative roles on Day 1 and losing them on Day 2.

So no, PM and Role discussions on Day 1 are not something that helps town. And I'm really surprised how many people still think that kind of discussion is actually beneficial on Day 1.
agentcarr16: lots of notes
yogsloth: Hey agent, more like this please. In fact, you promised to read more and post more notes. That was almost 24 hours ago. Ya still with us?
I actually am, but, maaannn... All those notes really take it out of you.

Sage103082: see i think there might be more to go on then the ones not saying anything yet. If you want to hide in plan sight you need to at least peep in.
I really like this line of Sage's. I totally agree that lurkers are very little use to town, but all too often people seem set to lynch them just for lurking. Just like Sage says, if you want to hide, staying super quiet actually draws attention to you in this game.
Then again, sometimes scum do just lurk at the edges, so there's obviously no hard-and-fast rule.

trentonlf: I honestly don't think he is town, but if by some chance he flips town guess I'll be the unfortunate next candidate since I've been the one pushing him as anti town.
This is the kind of admissions that I like. Trentonlf is fairly certain Bookwyrm is scum, but he realizes that if Bookwyrm flips town, then trentonlf will be in a spot of hot water. (Rather sneakily, he still pushes that he is town with his "'unfortunate' next candidate" line.)

trentonlf: This is what you said "Could you make a townie and me the last two to be mod-killed? I could win that way!"

That implies two separate groups at the end, a townie and you. So what other group could you be in? Has to be a neutral or scum. Trying to play it off as "Wrong and/or lies. Probably lies. I'm pretty certain that isn't what I said. " does not change the fact of what you said.

I see it as a slip from someone playing scum for the first time.
Bookwyrm627: That only implies two separate people: me and a specific class of player (townie). It certainly does not preclude me from being a townie myself. I don't particularly care WHICH townie is last along with me, as long as Vitek chooses a townie. Since I'm so very town, having a serial killer or a mafia as the other player in the last two slots doesn't do me much good. As a matter of fact, I suspect that would be incredibly bad for my health.
I am totally with Bookwyrm, ON THIS POINT. "Could you make a townie and me the last two to be mod-killed?" does not grammatically exclude Bookwyrm from being town. The implications are there, but that is just the English language.
I'm not so sure about Bookwyrm's alignment, as he has said some rather bizarre things in the name of scum-baiting.

Krypsyn: Unvote: Krypsyn

Vote: RWarehall
I love Krypsyn's random switch from himself to RWarehall. Obviously, it makes sense for him to finally take his vote off himself, but to vote for RWarehall without reason either means he wasn't thinking when he did it, or he has some sneaky little plan up his sleeve. Later on, he does sort of reveal why he did it, but I don't see why he wouldn't state his reason at the time of voting.

bler144: Since Kryp is out on himself, and I didn't really have any other motivation to vote that way:
Unvote Krypsyn
Vote no-lynch
This is very interesting. I assume that bler144 had voted for Krypsyn for a reason, though I know that bler144 had some wrong ideas at the beginning of the game. Now, he switches off to a no-lynch, which, even in RL Mafia, is pretty much useless. Strange behaviour.
Then, in post #173, he says
bler144: All you have to do is re-vote yourself and you have my vote again. You only have yourself to blame here.
Now that is a real non-reason. The only reason you are voting for Krypsyn is because he is voting for himself? What on earth are you thinking? Or maybe I'm over reacting and a smiley face at the end of the line would have conveyed the proper emotion.
bler144, why are you voting like this?

#175, we have the first person asking why Krypsyn switched his vote.

#178, 179, 180, we have more people asking why Krypsyn switched his vote.

Sage103082: The fact he finds you more involved?
Here we have Sage guessing at Krypsyn's reasoning. I actually don't see why this is a reason to vote him, though, again, my inexperience may be counting against me.

Krypsyn: But, yes, that is a large part of the reason. I may have posted more (not sure about that regarding Day 1), but I am not sure I was ever 'involved' as such. It seems like a 'hide behind the townie' ploy.
Apparently Sage guessed right! So Krypsyn himself admits to not being involved, and is suspicious of anyone who says otherwise.
Myself, I would say that Krypsyn is definitely one of the more involved players in the game, though the vast majority of his posts are YouTube clips. Though his stated reason is right in front of me, I still see his reasoning. This is something that I don't like and I'll be keeping a closer eye on Krypsyn from now on.

bler144: I have a brother in this game too? I thought my quest was just to figure out which of you is the love child I adopted away at birth and save him/her before the town or the scum get them.

This is one messed up family story. I'm guessing this town is in Mississippi.
Now we move on to other, less well-known, characters. bler144 seems to be claiming...something. In post 190, Sage thinks he's claiming neutral or survivor role, which would seem to make sense with his post. I would assume he's not just pulling random junk out of the air for amusement's sake, though that is totally possible.

yogsloth: I’ll try to walk everyone through what I see here.
[...]
I believe he put it there just to take it away later and put some distance between himself and Krypsyn.
Yogsloth has backed off trentonlf (thankfully), and has now noticed Bookwyrm's bizarre actions. I kind of wondered when Bookwyrm stuck his vote on Krypsyn in the RVS, but it didn't bother me much. It seems to have bothered yogsloth a lot more.
However, I don't buy his reasoning that Bookwyrm put it there just so he could take it off and get some distance. His later arguments are much stronger, from my point of view.

yogsloth: He’s never been Scum before. He is 100% certainly playing differently than he has the last several games.
This is the best reason that yogsloth brings up.

yogsloth: And finally, he then flips a vote on me for no reason whatsoever. You know who has done that before? Krypsyn, back in the Space game. When he was Scum.
This is absolutely ridiculous. So because Krypsyn flipped votes around for no reason in the Space game, then Bookwyrm flipping votes around in the Gallows game must be scum.
There is absolutely no logic here. You cannot draw lines between two totally different players and expect results. Now, if 90% of scum flipped votes around for no reason, then I would understand. However, then we would also have a problem with Krypsyn, and maybe with bler144 as well. So, yogsloth, you have found 1 half-decent reason in 3 tries.

bler144: The best argument for me being town is that I legitimately have no idea what other factions are even in the game or what their purpose might be. When posting started I assumed this was just town vs. mafia.
Bler144, this is no good. Anyone can say that they "legitimately have no idea" what the other factions are. I "legitimately have no idea" who the heck I'm trying to lynch, or even how many people I'm trying to lynch. I also assumed this was just town and scum.
No, if you are town, you need to show that you are town, do some legit analysis, and quit talking about your love child. If you are not town, then you are going to have a problem winning, since you have claimed so soon.
Sorry dude, those are the facts.

Alright, there're some more thoughts. I'll come up to the current posts this afternoon or evening.

By the way, how do you bold something?
Agree 100% with JMich. That is why I will always find anyone who wants to discuss role or PM information on day one scummy, there is no need that early to do it.

@bler our friend that left town was a he, but it sounds like you didn't really like him at all and are concerned he might come back?
Spit. Forgot to proof read.
Waiting...waiting...waiting...

agentcarr16: Though his stated reason is right in front of me, I still see his reasoning.
This should read, "Though his stated reason is right in front of me, I still DON'T see his reasoning.
agentcarr16: Spit. Forgot to proof read.
Waiting...waiting...waiting...

agentcarr16: Though his stated reason is right in front of me, I still see his reasoning.
agentcarr16: This should read, "Though his stated reason is right in front of me, I still DON'T see his reasoning.
To the left of the text when when you do a reply is an I, a B, a U with an underline, and a symbol of a chain piece. Select whatever portion of the text you are typing and the corresponding letter or symbol to either (I) italicizes (B) bold or U underline. The chain symbol is to create a link.
"Recently there was minor drama involving one long-time resident of town insulting everyone around, saying he can't put up with local bullies anymore and moving out to some unkown location."

@trenton - When I read that again last night before responding to your post, to me it seemed like a hint from Vitek about what the third faction might be. Otherwise it seems to me a bit oddly out of place as a narrative point. And as someone who loves the town, and my fellow townies, I would certainly both fall into that "everyone." Whether or not I empathize with the outcast, they strike me more as a threat than somebody out to save the town.

As for the gender, people say 'he' unreliably. In the mystery game one of the hints about the villain was "He still has his jaw" - which I ran with on the off-chance it was a slip, but the villain turned out to be female.

@agentcarr - you may disagree with my analysis, but "legit" is just your own value judgment. While many people have laid out excellent theories, much of this is still just grasping at straws. The most rational reasoning this early in the game is still built on a foundation that is shaky at best.

At least two of us are acting oddly, certainly, but why or what my particular behavior portents I'd wager you have no basis to fathom yet. And I prefer acting oddly to the HBP finger wagging others have engaged in, whether legitimately or just to provide themselves with cover.
bler144: "Recently there was minor drama involving one long-time resident of town insulting everyone around, saying he can't put up with local bullies anymore and moving out to some unkown location."

@trenton - When I read that again last night before responding to your post, to me it seemed like a hint from Vitek about what the third faction might be. Otherwise it seems to me a bit oddly out of place as a narrative point. And as someone who loves the town, and my fellow townies, I would certainly both fall into that "everyone." Whether or not I empathize with the outcast, they strike me more as a threat than somebody out to save the town.

As for the gender, people say 'he' unreliably. In the mystery game one of the hints about the villain was "He still has his jaw" - which I ran with on the off-chance it was a slip, but the villain turned out to be female.

So you are thinking a disgruntled former townie has come back as a Vigilante or similar role to wreak vengeance on the bullies who wronged them. Would that automatically make them a third faction though? If they were a serial killer, or someone who had an action every night I could see a third faction. But, if they are a Vigilante they probably have limited shots and are still just a townie that is not happy with the way things are. But if they have returned and are a threat to town then I will do all I can to stop them.

I also see your point of the gender question, the default for most people is to say "he" in reference to anyone. I try and take it at face value, but there are times that a "he" is really a "she".
Alright, here goes to catch up to post 266.

Bookwyrm627: I'll be open about one of my big objectives; last game I refrained from mentioning this aspect of my strategy. I plan to look scummy enough that scum will pick someone else to NK, while not quite looking scummy enough to get lynched. It is a fine line, and post-game I'm looking forward to seeing whether scum decide to factor this tidbit into their calculations. Am I protecting something, or just trying to look like I'm protecting something?
Naturally, this paragraph is a full tankard of vodka in front of any town players that try to analyze it. Enjoy!
Again, Bookwyrm is providing us with textbook examples of WIFOM. I really don't much like how much of this he uses. It's definitely not advantageous for townsfolk to chase their tails, while scum love it when the villagers can't think their way out of a circle.

Bookwyrm627: And lastly: I don't care to have RVS circle around pointlessly until a townie ends up dead. If a townie ends up dead, I want town to actually gain from it. I've been trying to figure out a way to spank RVS without using roles or PMs; my current conclusion is that it requires someone DOING something, so that's what I'm doing.
Those are very noble sentiments. Personally, I dislike RVS, but DOING what Bookwyrm is doing doesn't seem to be helping anyone, simply creating confusion. That is scummy. And he just said that he is trying to look scummy.

cristigale: Does anyone else wonder why Vitek added to (what I take to be) the standard wording for a no-lynch in the OP?
“A player may also vote nolynch. A majority of nolynch votes will end the day without a lynch. Nolynches are totally viable and sensible option and it's only up to you to decide for one. I won't look down on you for voting one. “
(emphasis added)
I really like that cristigale picked up on this. I was also wondering if no-lynches will be somehow important. I'm really hoping that it's not no-reveal.

JMich: And again with the number of posts as reason for scumminess. Haven't I already said that posting activity has no bearing on affiliation? And lynching a lurker because he's lurking is almost as bad as a no lynch in the first days. You do know why a no lynch vote on day 1 is bad, don't you?
Excellent points made.
JMich also goes on to make some excellent points for lynching Day 1, even in the dark.

Leonard03: Also, I just realized I made a big mistake. You know when I said I was gone the first week of August? That should have been July.
It's too bad about Leonard03 being gone. He hasn't posted much yet, so it's going to be even more difficult to get a read of any kind on him.

RWarehall: @Bookwyrm
The real problem with your masterplan is this...
So, let's imagine you are town and you are just trying to look a bit scummy to measure people's reactions, which seems to be what you are now trying to claim. So, what reactions should you expect? An attentive townie should question you and maybe vote for you, right? What should a scum do? Since they know you are town, they should........question you and maybe vote for you....

The only thing your plan is accomplishing is determining which players aren't paying attention. This doesn't help us determine faction whatsoever.

Worse, now that you've been painting yourself as a bit scummy, again assuming you are town as you claim, all this does is enhance the chance we lynch a townie Day 1.

And saying you are not "technically lying" with your statements, doesn't really help, because you aren't being entirely truthful either. The issue is with general honesty, you can expect scum to have to put blinders on to protect their interests and when you spot it, you've got them. Us town, with no information to go on, have nothing to protect.

And frankly, I've heard the "I'm just trying to trip up scum" excuse before from scum who have slipped up.
This post makes some really good points. The first paragraph is my biggest problem with baits/traps of this type. A 'good' scum will play the exact same way as a 'good' townie.
I'm not sure how Bookwyrm's scummy appearance increases the chances of lynching town, but it certainly isn't reducing the risks.
His last paragraph is rather awkwardly worded, so that I almost can't understand what he's trying to get at. I don't think that scum will actually have the blinders on, though I haven't been scum, so I don't know.
The problem is that, if town has nothing to protect, then why can't townsfolk lie? Complete honesty would be nice, but it would be dangerous for some of the town (those with roles). Otherwise, good post.

Krypsyn: Unvote: RWarehall

Vote: CSPVG
Krypsyn Vote-Hopper strikes again, again with no stated reason. I would assume he switches because of CSPVG's post 220, but I can't see the problem.

Krypsyn: Huk? What are you ta... Oh, dammit, Sun must have been in my eyes!

Unvote: CSPVG
Vote: RWarehall

Sorry about that.
And again Krypsyn switches his vote, too...wait a minute. OK, what on earth are you playing at Krypsyn? There are literally 5 posts during which his vote is on CSPVG. This isn't enough time for bait of any kind. Was it a mistake, is there some kind of an in-joke? And CSPVG doesn't even bat an eye. Also, I haven't seen ANYONE else comment on this. Why?

Bookwyrm627: The particular flavor of various reactions is simply to be noted. Cristigale seems to be mostly amused, you seem to be confused, yogsloth and trent both think I'm being audacious scum, while Krypsyn and Dedo both seem to be watching to see what happens (with Dedo even encouraging me some), and some other players have had no apparent reaction (skipping those, like Flub, that have much more pressing life concerns). Lacking other data points, every single one of these reactions are valid. In later days, however, something may come up where one of these reactions becomes more telling about a player being town or scum.
Here we have Bookwyrm actually stating what he has gathered from his little tricks and traps. He has some kind of reaction from 6 of 14 players, the emotion of which he can only paint broad strokes. I acquiesce, these reactions may be important some day, but I feel like the confusion, WIFOM, scumminess, etc. aren't worth the data.

Krypsyn: Untrue, at least for me. I would like everyone to vote for RWarehall immediately, so that he may be lynched and we can end this Day. Having to wait to see what happens is awfully tedious.
You want everyone to vote for RWarehall because he thinks you are involved? The idea is to get a good train to analyze, not just a hodgepodge of vote piling because Krypsyn feels his play-style is suspicious. "Having to wait...is...tedious". I agree, however, lack of real train to analyze doesn't help town on Day 2.

cristigale: Here’s the problem, looking this scummy this early in the game may be enough to get you lynched. I’ve enjoyed your posts, but I think this may be how you attempt to play scum for the first time. Over-doing it so that players will not possibly think scum would be so bold. The fact the both yogs and trent have voted for you does not bode well either. Two players, who often oppose/antagonize each other, both reaching the same conclusion. And unlike you, their play does seem consistent with earlier games.

On day One, with so little to go on, this is hard to overlook. From my own experience last game, it is fun being scum. If you are scum, I think you’re having a ball with it. But it’s also hard and it could very well be what we’re witnessing in your play thus far, trying too hard to convince us that only town would act so scummy. So while I am amused by your play, I find your play suspicious. I’m not sure if this is a big town act or a big scum act.
I really hope that cristigale is not scum, because I really admire her analyses (Spell check doesn't like the plural of analysis). This seems like a very real possibility. Trentonlf and yogsloth both voting seems unusual, and Bookwyrm has been playing very close to the line.

RWarehall: And what am I supposed to say? "The town" and get jumped on as scum for saying it in third person. If this is the sort of thing that makes you think people are scum, you really need to seriously re-examine what you consider scummy.

And for the record, I love this town too. I proclaim this often and publicly. In fact, I think people should visit the big city as little as possible because its a corrupting influence, it's fine right here.

Strange, you bring that up but say nothing about Krypsen vote hopping without a real explanation, or any of the other poor statements made elsewhere. It's this sort of "selectivity" I'm looking for as a scum tell.
Thing is, pushing yourself as town is suspicious. Townsfolk are usually content to refer to the town in third person (Like I'm doing right here), and so when someone pushes themself as town it's always a bit scummy looking.
Then RWarehall reveals a little bit of his PM, and brings up Krypsyn's vote-hopping in a backhanded kind of way, without really acknowledging it.

I'm going to make the rest a new post. This is already a wall of text.
Sage103082: I can see some of the reasons for Kypsyns votes. So I am not going to jump on him for it.
@Sage, can you actually see why Krypsyn switched to CSPVG for all of ten minutes?

bler144: I know I'm the newbie, but I think everyone is being obfuscatory to some extent, whether it's through posting unrelated links, or making a charge just to draw a reaction, etc. It's unlikely more than 1-2 players here haven't at least been blowing fog on the mirror at least some of the time. For me, at times the zig/zagging has probably been accidental or inexperience admittedly, and at other times more intentional. And at other times being half-asleep and half-drunk.
This is a nice admission of what I see in the game, though I actually enjoy the 'obfuscatoriness' (I'm fairly sure that's not a word).

bler144: Of the folks bickering, sure it's likely at least one (or more) of them is guilty and the raging is cover, but I don't really buy that any of them have slipped in a way that we could detect at this point - though a hunch could still turn out to be correct of course, oh, say maybe 29% of the time.
It's probably about fifty-fifty chance that one of the scum have slipped, but I don't want to work out the math of slips/players/other stuff. I do find it interesting that you pull out "29%" exactly. I know about how 87.24% of all statistics are made up on the spot, but does this have some bearing on number of players, or what? The way you write it, it sounds like something calculated.

bler144: Watching what everyone else is doing, I'm a bit skeptical we'll get any serious votes (or bring in non-voters off the fence) until there's an actual deadline on the table.

So uh, having said that this is a totally serious, well-reasoned decision that I will absolutely not be changing between now and any future deadline:

Unvote no-lynch
Vote Sage
for president, 2016
OK. What is happening here? I actually can't tell if bler is voting tongue-in-cheek, or if he's got some reason, or if he is trying a Bookwyrm-esque ploy.
I would say that we do have some serious votes, like the ones on Bookwyrm and yogsloth.

yogsloth: We just don't know who the bad guys are. If we could have figured out in the milk game there were two Mafia factions, it might have saved us some headaches. I think we're in the same place now. One big city Mafia? Two mafias, small town and big city? What are their agendas? What would a neutral want to accomplish? What are their motivations?
This is the first I've heard of more than two factions in another game. At least this time most of us seem to feel a little unsure as to the involved factions.

trentonlf: "Hey yogs, what's your thoughts on this town, love it? like it? kind of hate it?"
bler144: -The town is pretty good. I mean, I wouldn't marry it, but I would definitely have sex with it and still respect it in the morning. And then have sex with it again.
-Bullies suck. But was that ranting nutjob really our friend? I mean, s/he did call me a doucheface. Ironically, not to my face. And after all I did for him/her - man, the nerve of that c__ and/or c___!

Frankly I think the town is better off now that they've gone. Y'know, assuming they don't sneak back into town at night as a vigilante or something.

Though really, there's only 14 of us, and presumably we don't all have amnesia. Wouldn't one of us remember who that was? Maybe they have really good makeup, or a Zorro costume or something.
Wha...Who...Why...What is this? Trentonlf didn't even ask you those questions, and how much do you know about this dude who left? I have no clue what you're talking about. Please, quit spitting out junk, or we're going to have to lynch to keep ourselves sane.

And...BAM! We're back to discussing role-talk and talking about PM discussion. I don't even want to think about it, so I'm going to skip it. Which brings me up to current postings.
Let's see what happens next.
RWarehall: This said, I am very very skeptical about anyone who wants to stifle discussion Day 1.
The only point to Day 1 is to lynch someone. Unless town wants to start alluding to, paraphrasing, or outright quoting their PMs, town has no information to discuss yet.

agentcarr16: Obviously, it makes sense for [Krypsyn] to finally take his vote off himself, but to vote for RWarehall without reason...
I had reasons, they were just unstated.

agentcarr16: Apparently Sage guessed right!
I said that she correctly guessed at a 'large part' of why I voted for RWarehall.

agentcarr16: However, then we would also have a problem with Krypsyn...
yogsloth does have a problem with me.

agentcarr16: Krypsyn Vote-Hopper strikes again, again with no stated reason.
The Sun was in my eyes!

agentcarr16: And again Krypsyn switches his vote, too...wait a minute.
Also, I haven't seen ANYONE else comment on this. Why?
J.J. Abrams' over use of lens flare is as well documented as it is distracting.

agentcarr16: Then RWarehall reveals a little bit of his PM, and brings up Krypsyn's vote-hopping in a backhanded kind of way, without really acknowledging it.
:)