It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm going to put together a large post with most of my thoughts so far, in order of their related posts.
Vitek: Recently there was minor drama involving one long-time resident of town insulting everyone around, saying he can't put up with local bullies anymore and moving out to some unkown location.
There is something about this line that makes me uncomfortable, but I can't put my finger on it. Is this just Vitek creating flavour, or does it have significance. I'll try to keep this line in mind as events unfold.
Vitek: 13...
I love how these lines say the exact same thing, just in case you missed it the first time. Just had to point that out.
Vitek: You win when all threats to town are destroyed.
This line is also very interesting. It could be dramatic phrasing, or it could be an indicator of multiple factions that are threatening the town.

yogsloth: Lots of stuff that seems important...
This is where yogsloth brings in his PM, blatantly, and apparently because he has no other information. I can see the danger of talking about PMs, but yogsloth seems to have done a good job of vaguely paraphrasing. Unfortunately, he also has basically no real analysis, just a few feelings and impressions.

Of course, trentonlf jumps on him in the very next post, as I would have expected from their behaviour last game.

yogsloth: Here's the problem...
Here we have yogsloth beginning to call names. "completely reactive player", "shut down brain and walk away", "like Hijack". I would take these seriously if he hadn't done the exact same thing last game. I do think trentonlf is too quick to attack for bringing up roles and PMs, but he is always the same, so I'm trying to read between the lines on his posts.

yogsloth: Don't shut down before we hit post #60.
Amusing because this is post 63, but anyway.

trentonlf: trentonlf's turn to fling some names.
"need hand fed information", "weak player", "lost cause". Of course, trentonlf can't accept that yogsloth plays differently.

OK, forget them.

CSPVG: I'll bite...
I find it interesting that CSPVG would post his PM, or something that he wants us to think is his PM. It doesn't seem like normal behaviour, and he seems to say that in his post as well. The actual words he posted aren't very helpful, as they could be either anti-town or pro-town.

Vitek: Meh, I will modkill you all tomorrow to make the game faster.

I feel so free.
Here is the mod's first post in-game, at post #100. I find it suspicious the number of people that have made no positive contributions in the first hundred posts. Krypsyn has managed a lot of posts, all of which contain nothing but YouTube clips. Leonard03 has said nothing of importance, Cristigale has only asked about gender clarifications (That sounds really wrong), and Sage has really only reluctantly shared a six-word caption of her PM.
I have to admit that I haven't posted anything really relevant in here either, but I'm ignoring myself, for obvious reasons.

Bookwyrm627: I'd decided half way through last game to jump on the first vote someone else made and add to it. By the time I posted in this thread, Krypsyn voted himself and someone else added to that, so I decided to join that instead. I figure Krypsyn will jump off his own wagon before the suicide, so I'm only counting his wagon as two votes. Naturally, you'll get alcohol poisoning if you start circling around this logic of mine too much.
I LOVE this paragraph. A beautiful example of deliberate WIFOM.

Bookwyrm627: Speaking of which: I am SO very town. I definitely am not here to kill as many people as possible so I can make a bouncy castle from your bones before I move to the big city. Nope, not me.
trentonlf picked up on this in a small way, but I think Bookwyrm is saying more than that he has a death wish. Obviously, it's partly sarcasm, but it does sound like his PM might have him trying as hard as possible to get out of this town. Not a scum-tell, but an interesting point that sounds like it's paraphrased from a PM.

Leonard03: It does feel like Bookwyrm is deliberately trying to arouse suspicion. Could be a godfather looking for a cop investigation?
Leonard03 brings up a good point here. Is Bookwyrm a godfather, looking for investigation, or is he feinting, trying to lure out the mafia with the prospect of an easy target?

Leonard03:
It seems to me that too many people are saying too much. Somewhere, something is going to drop, and when it does, I'll be watching for it.

cristigale, sage, and flubbucket, just so you know, I AM NOT an experienced player. I read through the last game as it played out, and I'm reading in between the lines on trentonlf and yogsloth. I'm not sure if I should be happy that I seem experienced.

And there're now a ton more posts. I'll come back in a bit and go over them.
Vitek: You win when all threats to town are destroyed.
agentcarr16: This line is also very interesting. It could be dramatic phrasing, or it could be an indicator of multiple factions that are threatening the town.
Standard flavor. This leaves open the possibility of more than 2 factions (town and mafia), without naming said factions (second mafia faction, serial killers, arsonists etc). Doesn't say anything by itself, though if we start seeing multiple bodies during the nights, we may have to think about the possibility of more factions.
flubbucket: I received an early 4th of July present for my job....they are closing our facility.
That's lame.

flubbucket: There is scum, neutral, town.....unless you are a mysterious fourth party.
I just had a funny thought, what if there was a fourth party? An anit-neutral one, so that there were two sets of competing factions.

Also, I just realized I made a big mistake. You know when I said I was gone the first week of August? That should have been July.

So when are you leaving then Leonard03?

In about 4 hours.

Sorry guys, I feel really dumb right now. I don't know if you can put me in hibernation or something?
Leonard03: Sorry guys, I feel really dumb right now. I don't know if you can put me in hibernation or something?
Whoops. Please make sure to PM Vitek directlly; lets make him earn his pay.
@Bookwyrm
The real problem with your masterplan is this...
So, let's imagine you are town and you are just trying to look a bit scummy to measure people's reactions, which seems to be what you are now trying to claim. So, what reactions should you expect? An attentive townie should question you and maybe vote for you, right? What should a scum do? Since they know you are town, they should........question you and maybe vote for you....

The only thing your plan is accomplishing is determining which players aren't paying attention. This doesn't help us determine faction whatsoever.

Worse, now that you've been painting yourself as a bit scummy, again assuming you are town as you claim, all this does is enhance the chance we lynch a townie Day 1.

And saying you are not "technically lying" with your statements, doesn't really help, because you aren't being entirely truthful either. The issue is with general honesty, you can expect scum to have to put blinders on to protect their interests and when you spot it, you've got them. Us town, with no information to go on, have nothing to protect.

And frankly, I've heard the "I'm just trying to trip up scum" excuse before from scum who have slipped up.
agentcarr16: This line is also very interesting. It could be dramatic phrasing, or it could be an indicator of multiple factions that are threatening the town.
JMich: Standard flavor. This leaves open the possibility of more than 2 factions (town and mafia), without naming said factions (second mafia faction, serial killers, arsonists etc). Doesn't say anything by itself, though if we start seeing multiple bodies during the nights, we may have to think about the possibility of more factions.
That's standard flavour. Alright, I'll take your word for it, but this is where my inexperience really shows. I can't tell if Vitek is just spouting normal phrases or if he's leaving clues and surprises.
Leonard03: Sorry guys, I feel really dumb right now. I don't know if you can put me in hibernation or something?
Bookwyrm627: Whoops. Please make sure to PM Vitek directlly; lets make him earn his pay.
Good luck with that. My chat is just a spinning circle.
Sage103082: Good luck with that. My chat is just a spinning circle.
Mine seems to be working. I went ahead and PM'd Vitek about Leonard's absence, since I don't know if Leonard would have the time/frame of mind to try and coordinate it himself. I know I'm usually busy trying to check all of the last minute things just before I'm about to leave on a trip.
flubbucket: I received an early 4th of July present for my job....they are closing our facility.
:(

agentcarr16: Krypsyn has managed a lot of posts, all of which contain nothing but YouTube clips.
Heh.
@flubbucket: I'm sorry to hear about your job situation, flub. I hope things work out for you.

@Sage: Yeah, I went back to check, and as yog himself has pointed out, his PM says nothing about him having left the town. I swear, sometimes I have goldfish-like memory.

As for the game, all I really have to add for the moment is that Bookwyrm, and to a lesser extent bler, are attempting to be so obfuscatory with all his little 'slips' and 'claims' that I think best practice in dealing with him, for the moment is:

1) Ignore his antics;
2) Press him for actual participation instead of this constant baiting.

So, Bookwyrm, would you care to contribute past your 'slips? I see them as little more than you baiting people, and while this can be helpful and interesting, I think you're going about it in such a transparent and silly way that it's not really helpful.

Would you care to perhaps give us a list of the players you find most scummy, or something along those lines? Honestly, you're so far off your usual play style that I am inclined to vote for you, and would were it not for the fact that I feel that this is exactly what you would want. Really, I do find all this WIFOM rather tedious.

[Pre-post addendum]: I have suddenly been struck by the idea that Bookwyrm is some sort of reactive neutral role. A Paranoid Gun Owner or something like that, perhaps? I really haven't thought this through too clearly, but I feel I should get it out there.

Notes to new players:

1) I would advise against playing to your PM's flavour, and to put the game's flavour itself to one side. I'm not sure if this is done in RL Mafia games, but I've never seen it done in Forum Mafia. It tends to get a little tedious and sidetrack everyone from what they actually should be doing: hunting for scum.

Before anyone says so, yes I did share my PM info, but as I said (or believe I said, I haven't gone back to check, nor do I remember) I did it more out of boredom and a belief that my PM's flavour really isn't that vital to anyone. Perhaps scum can use it to structure a claim, but I don't what a shared contains all that they need.

2) No-lynch is a very bad idea, especially on day one. We need to off someone, as scummy as that may sound, so that we can get more info on day two. Otherwise we'll simply be trapped in a sort of RVS hell, as the scum team (or whatever other team there may be) picks off a person every night.

Offing someone allows us to observe the vote train on them, extract information from it, and hopefully catch a few opportunistic votes (or something of that nature.
You know, I actually read this thread.

I know it is surprising but I have nothing else to do.
Vitek: You know, I actually read this thread.
Is it any good? I have been planning on reading it, but I just never quite have the time. You know how things are. I may just wait and see how the reviews are before actually investing any time in it.

Unvote: RWarehall

Vote: CSPVG
Krypsyn: Is it any good?
5/10.
Vitek: 5/10.
Not bad for a campy survival horror. I guess.
Krypsyn: Not bad for a campy survival horror. I guess.
Decent visuals but story seems lacking so far. Gameplay is so-so but hopefully it will pick itself up.