It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bler144: ... and the IRS.
You work for FIFA don't you? Admit it!
Sage103082: Are you trying to bread crumb here wyrm? Masons? Something similar?
Nope. Running with an earlier joke.

cristigale: I'd ask the same of your vote on yogs.
I already gave the reasoning that led to my vote on yog. Check my posts, do a little thinking, and it should come to you. You've done remarkably well divining some of my intentions and (attempted) misdirections in the past.

yogsloth: You didn't bold it, you numpty. There's also no capital "Y".
D'oh! Thanks.

Unvote Krypsyn.
Vote yogsloth.

yogsloth: <Wyrm is probably actually scum>
Krypsyn's self-vote is hardly going to last long enough to be there if he gets lynched. He isn't suicidal. As far as I'm concerned, my vote was effectively only the second vote on him. The longer train looked pretty, but that was about it.

I'm not sure why I'd want to be sure to have a vote show up in one of the vote counts; we've got plenty of players (including me) that have tools that assist in finding votes, and I hope everyone realizes that someone can move their vote more than once between mod vote counts.

I was "gone" from the game for less than 36 hours; hardly a vanishing act. I could go back and try to figure out what I was doing in RL, but it isn't really relevant and I'm feeling lazy.

Krypsyn might well be scum; I don't know. Some of his play reminds me of previous games, where he was scum. I don't think I've ever seen him play a game as town though, so I don't really have any frame of reference (even he has remarked that he is getting fuzzy on how he plays as town). I've noticed his recent love affair with Youtube, and how he isn't really doing anything besides that. Of course, a bunch of people aren't really doing anything right now (have you heard from Flub or JMich in awhile?). I'm noting such things and moving right along, since I've already learned that I can't force players to be active or to respond. I can, however, provide something for them to respond to, and a lack of response can be a response. I mentioned how the people that don't seem fazed at all should be observed, and cristigale responded a little later. Did she reply at that point so as to seem like she isn't ignoring my oddness, or did she show up later because that is when she became available?

The fact that it was you, yogsloth, that received my changed vote is incidental, and someone else entirely is (half) to blame for it (with me being the other half, since I actually cast the vote). I've already stated the method to this particular piece of madness. Do you think you can figure out what reason I'll state for voting for you?

One thing I'm doing is amusing myself by taking some common preconceptions and breaking them over my knee. I might lose the knee in the process, but I think some players take reading into the minutiae of each post a little far. I'll be obeying the big townie rule of "Don't Lie", but I plan to repeatedly break the expectation of "townies always refer to themselves as part of town".

I'll be open about one of my big objectives; last game I refrained from mentioning this aspect of my strategy. I plan to look scummy enough that scum will pick someone else to NK, while not quite looking scummy enough to get lynched. It is a fine line, and post-game I'm looking forward to seeing whether scum decide to factor this tidbit into their calculations. Am I protecting something, or just trying to look like I'm protecting something?
Naturally, this paragraph is a full tankard of vodka in front of any town players that try to analyze it. Enjoy!

And lastly: I don't care to have RVS circle around pointlessly until a townie ends up dead. If a townie ends up dead, I want town to actually gain from it. I've been trying to figure out a way to spank RVS without using roles or PMs; my current conclusion is that it requires someone DOING something, so that's what I'm doing.

It will be interesting to see how things play out when I am finally scum of some flavor.
Bookwyrm627: I've noticed his recent love affair with Youtube, and how he isn't really doing anything besides that.
It isn't so recent. Heck, it is about all I did in flubbucket's Milk game; in the the game thread, the dead thread, and in the mod thread. Occasionally concurrently.

Bookwyrm627: even he has remarked that he is getting fuzzy on how he plays as town
Trufax. Everyone else probably is a bit fuzzy as well, so I suppose it is all good.
Bookwyrm627: And lastly: I don't care to have RVS circle around pointlessly until a townie ends up dead. If a townie ends up dead, I want town to actually gain from it. I've been trying to figure out a way to spank RVS without using roles or PMs; my current conclusion is that it requires someone DOING something, so that's what I'm doing.
Whether that's truth or lie I find it a compelling case. So the vodka must be doing something right.

While Vitek has said the game may be unbalanced, I'm not quite sure what to make of that. It can't be 7 mafia/7 townies, or the outcome is not only unbalanced but predestined. I have no idea if there's a 3rd faction or not, and while there may be independents, only they and Vitek would know if their roles would impact faction-win. "Lyncher" for example, would not.

So in any case, my assumption is that Day 1, >50% chance RVS nails a townie. That's too high for me without pretty good reason, thus the no-lynch vote.

RVS might pan out, either by dint of a lucky vote, or by giving us some information about what factions/roles are in the game. But you know, that would be a pretty high price to pay if the information was that we just lynched the town doctor. "Hey, good to know!"

And as a point of strategy, if we lynch one and there's a single NK, we'd need 7 of 12 votes for a lynch in Day 2, and with at least a few of those votes likely scum, and perhaps a few voters MIA. That's a pretty high hurdle to get over as a practical matter.

So a lynch in Day 1 strikes me as a high variance strategy - if town is starting the game with a significant majority (which even 'unbalanced' i think is likely), high variance is probably the wrong way to start. I'd rather go into Day 2 needing that 7 of 13 than 7 of 12.
bler144: While Vitek has said the game may be unbalanced, I'm not quite sure what to make of that. It can't be 7 mafia/7 townies, or the outcome is not only unbalanced but predestined. I have no idea if there's a 3rd faction or not, and while there may be independents, only they and Vitek would know if their roles would impact faction-win. "Lyncher" for example, would not.
I hate talking about set-ups, but, generally speaking, if Vitek says the game is unbalanced, it means:
1) More than one anti-town faction
2) Many power roles (Role Madness being the extreme example)
3) More varied roles (insane cops, etc)
4) Any combination of the above

Basically, the more uncertainty is added, the more unbalanced the game becomes. I refuse to speculate any more at this time.
Krypsyn: Basically, the more uncertainty is added, the more unbalanced the game becomes. I refuse to speculate any more at this time.
http://memegenerator.net/instance/20825089
Been 12+ minutes so this should make a new post rather than edit. Anyway, other than succeeding in aggravating Krypsyn and getting him to talk about things he'd prefer not to talk about it's pretty dully around here.

So probably time to take my tipsy and tired self to bed as well. Might get a quick check in the morning but won't likely have any serious time to catch up til mid afternoon (PST).
Oh, most certainly "won't". I am sure I "can", but it wouldn't be prudent.
Does anyone else wonder why Vitek added to (what I take to be) the standard wording for a no-lynch in the OP?
“A player may also vote nolynch. A majority of nolynch votes will end the day without a lynch. Nolynches are totally viable and sensible option and it's only up to you to decide for one. I won't look down on you for voting one.
(emphasis added)

Perhaps there is a reason we may be more inclined to no-lynch this game, like the no reveal in the milk game. I couldn’t support one tonight, but perhaps we’ll be considering one in the days ahead.

@bler - i can't imagine that the game is so unbalanced that lynching a townie today would seal our fate. For the most part, players vote when it's needed. Some vote sooner and more often than others. No lynch tonight runs the risk of being in the exact same spot tomorrow, but most likely down one town to the NK.
Sage103082: Jmich - Is he even here?
Yes. I'm a European in a game full of Americans, I go to sleep and return to find more than 50 new posts.

yogsloth: JMich does this **** on purpose every time, too.
By "this ****" you mean not participate in idle chit-chat? Or wait for more actions and reactions? Or even playing the game in a different way than you?

yogsloth: If we don't figure out something good and quick, I'm going to officially nominate whichever poster has the fewest posts, subtracting out "Hi guys, nothing to say" posts.
And again with the number of posts as reason for scumminess. Haven't I already said that posting activity has no bearing on affiliation? And lynching a lurker because he's lurking is almost as bad as a no lynch in the first days. You do know why a no lynch vote on day 1 is bad, don't you?

bler144: Also a bit of a challenge in figuring out how (or if) to play my PMed character, since a lot of people really don't seem to be adopting any particular character at all.
You shouldn't play your PM'd character, unless you want to give hints as to what said character is. Always assume scum are at least as intelligent as town in picking up hints, so question whether scum knowing your role is bad for the town before hinting at it.

Bookwyrm627: (have you heard from Flub or JMich in awhile?)
Yes. Busy with ToME. No idea about flub.

Bookwyrm627: I can, however, provide something for them to respond to, and a lack of response can be a response.
Beware of the boy that cried wolf though. Attempting to set up traps or baits is a double edged sword.

Bookwyrm627: but I plan to repeatedly break the expectation of "townies always refer to themselves as part of town".
There's such an expectation? Since when?

bler144: So in any case, my assumption is that Day 1, >50% chance RVS nails a townie. That's too high for me without pretty good reason, thus the no-lynch vote.

RVS might pan out, either by dint of a lucky vote, or by giving us some information about what factions/roles are in the game. But you know, that would be a pretty high price to pay if the information was that we just lynched the town doctor. "Hey, good to know!"
No, no, no, no. Consider the position we are in on Day 1. We have no info, other than what our PM may contain. We go for a no lynch. Day 2 dawns. We have a body, and nothing else. So we are at the same point we were on Day 1, minus a townie (since I doubt scum would be hitting their own). We don't have any extra info to work with, other than any possible investigations that are unlikely to be shared on Day 2 (role would draw too much heat).

If on the other hand we do have a lynch wagon to analyze from Day 1, we can see who was pushing the wagon a bit harder than they should, or who tried to derail the wagon. We also have the arguments people presented about lynching the target, and see if there are any holes in said arguments. Voting no lynch (or randomly, or because one is lurking) prevents the arguments, thus prevents most of the wagon analysis from procuring anything useful.

That doesn't mean there aren't cases when a no lynch is a viable strategy, but Day 1 isn't one of those.
I'm sorry for being inactive (not prod-worthy just yet.)

I received an early 4th of July present for my job....they are closing our facility.

Bunch of Dicks to be sure.

I'll not need to be replaced just yet, but I'm going to try to read through and give input as best I can.

Let me know if I become a burden and I'll bow out.
Sage103082: @ Flub - How about you? Thoughts?
Some.

Post #105- Bookwyrm's comment regarding "Jump on the first vote..." does NOT make me comfortable. I don't think Day One warrants such recklessness.

Also the part about "...could you make me and a townie..." Welp is looks kinda trolling in my opinion.

Post #120- agentcarr has an unusual grasp of the players. How he know this??

Post #138- Bookwyrm "...more than a scum or neutral might exclude themselves (sic) from town..." Whut???

There is scum, neutral, town.....unless you are a mysterious fourth party.
RWarehall: 4) Beyond that, a couple little things here and there from Bler144,
bler144: Part of it for me has been being thrown by the pace. I came out of the gate thinking things were going to move quickly, which hasn't been the case. So retooling on that front was a challenge, and one I may not really sort out til mid-game assuming I live that long.

Also a bit of a challenge in figuring out how (or if) to play my PMed character, since a lot of people really don't seem to be adopting any particular character at all. Plus I don't know what "Town ERP fanatic" even means. Should probably google it. But since I don't have time this weekend I'll have to wait and do it at work on Monday.

Since Kryp is out on himself, and I didn't really have any other motivation to vote that way:
Unvote Krypsyn
Vote no-lynch

I don't have enough history to have any meta-view on how people are or aren't carrying themselves consistent to prior runs, and most of what is here that might be revealing seems as likely as not to be a troll.
I don't like this post.

An alleged claim and a Vote for no lynch.......yuck!!

My only guess for ERP would be the Asian group Emerson, Rake, and Palmer...but that's just me spit balling.
Yog and Wyrm seem to be the most active ones but I can't help it to see their interaction as two townies barking at each other. Well, Yog is doing most of the barking but that's what he usually does. His views of the whole Wyrm act seem a bit far-fetched to me but we'll have to see how things develop. So far I'm not sold. Wyrm is the more interesting party of the two. It's obvious he has something in the works but I can't measure how deep it is and what the actual plan might be out of the obvious.

Bler continues to act as a new player who believes what seems to be in our best interest is the correct move. I see myself from my very first game - I also had prior IRL Werewolf experience and I thought I knew how forum mafia works, but the dynamic of the two variants is not the same. He feels Town.

I want to see more from cristigale, CSPVG and Jmic...

@Flub, sorry about the work thing, I hope it all turns out fine in the end.
flubbucket: I'm sorry for being inactive (not prod-worthy just yet.)

I received an early 4th of July present for my job....they are closing our facility.

Bunch of Dicks to be sure.

I'll not need to be replaced just yet, but I'm going to try to read through and give input as best I can.

Let me know if I become a burden and I'll bow out.
Sorry about your job, they really are being dicks and I hope you are able to find something else soon. If I was there we could toilet paper or egg the decision makers house ;-)

Busy day ahead for me since it's the 4th, but I will still be posting as much as possible or needed. Nothing at the moment jumps out that I have not already said. Happy 4th to all in the U.S.A.!!!