It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well done Pooka, you had me completely fooled even in the afterlife!
Swag.
So if the scum were conditionally murderous and conditionally brutal, what were the conditions for those modifiers to be active? All other "conditional"s are explained in the brackets, but the scum's aren't. Neither in Micro's results nor here after the game.
Post edited December 02, 2021 by ettac orrazib si eman ym
ettac orrazib si eman ym: So if the scum were conditionally murderous and conditionally brutal, what were the conditions for those modifiers to be active? All other "conditional"s are explained in the brackets, but the scum's aren't. Neither in Micro's results nor here after the game.
oh boobs. I thought it was in microfish' result already.

Pooka was blahblahblah
(The condition is that the quality fails if another of your team acts.)
Congrats to my partner Pooka for carrying it to the finish line! Great job.

Congrats to microfish for playing cop very well and doing everything right. Sometimes mafia, like sport, you can do everything right and things still don't go your way.

Thanks to Joe - I enjoyed the flavor. My favorite bit was EOD1 where everybody got yeeted *except* the victim.

Thanks for having me, it was fun to play my first GOG mafia game in quite a while. I'm glad I did.

@ catte, the condition was that if we both were active, neither action would be happen. Same as your condition. Basically, we couldn't both deliver nightkills the same night.
yogsloth: My favorite bit was EOD1 where everybody got yeeted *except* the victim.
THANKS I was very smug about that.

If I get a chance later I'll get up the list of night actions and share what I think of the setup.
ettac orrazib si eman ym: So if the scum were conditionally murderous and conditionally brutal, what were the conditions for those modifiers to be active? All other "conditional"s are explained in the brackets, but the scum's aren't. Neither in Micro's results nor here after the game.
JoeSapphire: oh boobs. I thought it was in microfish' result already.

Pooka was blahblahblah
(The condition is that the quality fails if another of your team acts.)
Woah! So my primary reason for suspecting Micro was because you forgot to include that detail in his results, which is what made me think he was probably lying.

Oh, you boob.

yogsloth: @ catte, the condition was that if we both were active, neither action would be happen. Same as your condition. Basically, we couldn't both deliver nightkills the same night.
If I'm not mistaken, Micro didn't get that information when he investigated you, which is what (for me) gave Micro a bunch of scum points.
Post edited December 02, 2021 by ettac orrazib si eman ym
Sorry Town, you've all been bamboozled. Especially Lift.

Seriously though, you all put quite a challenge. I really thought yogsloth self-hammering was it for me, a prolonged and torturous form of Game Over. I played the best I could and thanks to that I'm elated that it all paid off, but it goes without saying:

Congratulations for making my life hell.

If you want to get a front line seat on how I played this damn game, check out the scumthread. It's mostly just been me drafting up plans before throwing them off-screen.

Now I'm gonna go rule the Bizarro dimens- oh wait.
JoeSapphire: If I get a chance later I'll get up the list of night actions and share what I think of the setup.
Ah there's one thing I forgot to ask about in the QT when I was the only one there.

In the QT's 3rd post you say "imagine if someone accidentally sent a town action result to the mafia... "

That did not happen, did it?
"GUESTS MUST LOGIN - Please Login or Register"

JoeSapphire:
Any chance of opening up the scum-board to the world now?

I was very heartened to see Lift choose badly, convincing himself that the more outlandish and shiny theory could be true despite it not making any kind of sense for yog and micro to try that gambit, nor for scum!micro to gamble everything again on revealing his fake-results right away, nor for Pooka to investigate micro on the final night. Reminds me of my own bad choices in a similar situation.
Going for the simple explanation is definitely the better course of action.

Anyway, if it's any consolation, micro, you had me convinced at least! But, well done and congratulations, Pooka and yog! And thanks for hosting, Joe!

gogtrial looks around for the first time, and notices his audience for the above monologue consisted of nothing but his own attentive reflection. Zooming out a bit, he notices that the reflective material appears to be part of a rather large and very shiny front-tooth of a rather large and very hungry-looking dinosaur.
Post edited December 02, 2021 by gogtrial34987
btw self-hammering was very much strategic

I could tell there was no other outcome, and hammering when I did was done to leave certain Townies off my wagon, hide my partner, and create some wifom

and it worked

pretty much the only valid time to self-hammer IMO is when you're scum trying to do those exact things
Yes, I should have used Occam's razor!
I think this was the first game I mostly followed without actually taking part. Fun read and I was actually hoping Micro turns out to be scum and all of this was a brazen scum play but alas.

GG mafia!
Wait, are we just making multiple new proboards for each game now? I assumed the scum chat would be a hidden thread on Whyquicktopicwhy. I'm pretty sure that's a thing one can do, no?
ettac orrazib si eman ym: Wait, are we just making multiple new proboards for each game now? I assumed the scum chat would be a hidden thread on Whyquicktopicwhy. I'm pretty sure that's a thing one can do, no?
See Joppo's revelation in the QT that this would reveal the identity of scum to all observers, as they'd be the only living players who'd appear as active users of the same board.