It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GamezRanker: That said, if y'all or anyone else wants to throw some votes/etc my way, then by all means....but do try to back it up with some good reasoning while doing so, k?
Nah, my vote already is where I think it should be. But I would appreciate it if you would throw a vote someone's way. With reasoning, of course.

GamezRanker: My gut says one of the ZFR/Dogmaus duo might be scum, but then again my gut has been wrong many times before....what to do. :\
I don't think so. Their exchange felt too real and too bitter to be staged.
ZFR: @mod Joe, how do subs look?

I really don't have the energy for this crap.
Lifthrasil: Please don't quit just because Dogmaus is stubborn and aggressive. Just ignore her as far as possible, keep analyzing what she writes but stop discussing with her. We both learned that that is pointless.

And @dogmaus: stop the personal attacks. They are unnecessary. If you really are that vindictive for having been 'attacked', you shouldn't play a game where being attacked, suspected and questioned is part of the game.
You know you are maiking this stoiry up. The aggressive ones are you ZFR. You have build all this game as you two vs me. All I am saying is that you keep obsessing on two points that have been cleared already. So if you are Town you are damaging Town.
ZFR has said I must claim because I am L-1. Then he's been told that I am not L-1. His reaction is: I DON'T WANNA PLAY ANYMORE! It reminds me a lot of Cadaver in the last game attacking me in a similiar way, and he was scum.

But ZFR policy about attacking others, applied to me, has been:

"Was just being sarcastic. "Did your twin hack into your account?" isn't even close to the top of things that normally get said in GOG Mafia."
So, now he is suddenly hypersensitive and calls mod for being told to calm down and read, because he himself has said that he was not able to read correctly.

Also, he has said that there have been 3 people who had requested for me to claim, but has not answered on that either. Who is the 3rd person, where does it say that?

You are both free to ignore me.

JS: "My intention isn't to reprimand or shame anybody. I am trying to be direct and clear, but I don't intend to be stern or bullying."
If ZFR is going for an aggressive play, to the point that Pooka asked him to be moderated and he answered that it's normal here, why can't I be sarcastic back with him. Does he have a special rule?

GR: "My gut says one of the ZFR/Dogmaus duo might be scum, but then again my gut has been wrong many times before....what to do. :\"
he's my main suspect, expecially after this drama play, but it might still be TvT, that why I asked him to calm down and re-read and he went all rage (very sus).

ZFR: "This was your reply to my very first post."
again with the first psots, that was days ago, I have said dozens of times I'm cool with that, you and Lift keep bringing up the same stuff from day 1. I have said to the point of sickness I don't think you are mafia for that. What makes me more suspicious of you now is your reaction to me asking you to calm down and consider what if this is TvT. You keeo talking about things that I have answered upon dozens of time, I told you I wont answer anymore about it. Please go read what I have written already. OK: I don't think you are scum for that post. OK?

"Books asks you to claim. I ask you to claim."
So this makes two. Can you tell me who the 3rd person is?

"At this stage I'm afraid to say "good morning" because it would be construed as another attempt at manipulation."
you are free to say anything you like!

" Even absurd ones like those about misspelling names"
my goodness, we get it, it was a mistake, the more you cling on that the more scum you look, because you keep bringing it up as an excuse to lynch me, when in fact you had already voted for me.

"And don't give me advice to "chill", "it's not a job" and "play checkers". I'll play Mafia the way I want, thank you very much."
you said you can't take it anymore. Like Catte said, they could not play because they were not in the right mood or mental state. So can you or anyone else here. No, it's not a job, and yes, you can play checkers, why not. If the Mafia game is too stressfull and this is not scum drama you are playing, that is. Why can't I give you advice? It seems good advice to me. I said the same to Cadaver when he was playing like this and said the game was too hard for him (and he was scum).

"Aplogies to dogmaus for my twin-sister and facepalming posts. They were totally inappropriate. It wasn't my intention to cause any bad feelings, so sorry if my words made it so."
I don't need apologies. Why my joke is bad and yours "isn't even close to the top of things that normally get said in GOG Mafia", I am perplexed.

"Yup. Those 2 statements are exactly same."
Can you elaborate? I don't understand here. I said you couldn't read properly because you were agitated. So relax , take a breath and re-read. Your reaction was threatening to quit the game but then after a few posts I learn that you will finish the game. OK.

"f you're going to quote me, don't pick a part out of context. Quote me fully."
here:
"I didn't call anyone names (which I admittedly often do), didn't insult or disparage anyone. Was just being sarcastic. "Did your twin hack into your account?" isn't even close to the top of things that normally get said in GOG Mafia.

If the mod or the person involved think it's too much and ask me not to do it, I'll apologise and will do as they ask. You're neither however, so don't do backseat modding."

Full enough? And now what?

"I don't need special rules. I said that if the person involved thinks it's too much, I'll apologise to them and stop. I won't tell them to chill and play checkers."
I don't think it's too much and I don't want you to apologize. If you can play aggressive with others saying it's usual here but others can't even tell you to relax and you get offended, you want special rules.

"This was also unnecessary. For the love of everything, stop it with these snide remarks."
I think it was for the best of town to ask him to reflect on a possible TvT situation, because I can't still be 100% sure he is scum. I saw it as a humour someone playing so aggressivly could take. It was meant to be read with a kind voice. Now the foam thing is the new mispelling and ZFR will keep going on forever aobut them. It's really hard for me not to think he is scum and he is just acting out.
Anyway, no snide remark, just a request to a player who was posting in a confused way, saying that they could not read correctly what had been written previously, and it was really caring for me to say that and in the interest of Town, so himself too if he is town.
And I also said to him that he can leave the game if he is offended. He said he would leave the game, but then has decided to stay.
This is a game of deceit anyway so probably he is scum playing this drama. But in case he has this kind of negative feelings, I think he should stop and go play something else - and he says he's offended for that as well. Despite having said himself that he wanted to quit because it's too much for him. Now, it seems like he has decided to cling to anything even kind I say and play victim. Which is a legitimate strategy.

JS"Pooka, I asked everybody to engage in this in a positive way - these comments are not helpful."
Pooka's words seem to be reasonable to me.
"Please, if anybody has any issue with any of this talk to me first."
I am cool and having fun! :)

pooka "I have been dealing with some crap since yesterday, and seeing the status of this game right now upset me."
Sorry to hear that, please try to do something that makes you feel better - for me now it's playing with my 3 months kitten! :)

Lift: " It's strange that Yog saw it as necessary to proclaim that he is Town." "But what is even more strange is that Dogmaus, who was all over me for an imagined statement that I might be Town now because I was Scum in the last game, did not see anything wrong with Yogs' much more direct "I am still Town" statement."
I have't seen it, mostly because of you and ZRF attacking me so I could not focus on anything else, and we are still there. I will look for this sentence, but if someone can point me to that I'll be thankful. After this long post I'm really lare for irl stuff XD
Oh I think I remember "I am Town of course" you are talking about.
I thought it was a joke, not a claim. I read it as "of course I'm town, making you think so is the goal of the game". Why do you read it differently than a joke?
Can Yog comment on that and explain?
Lifthrasil: OK. Upon re-reading Yogsloth's statement that his role didn't change is actually a 'I am still Town!' statement. We know who was scum in the previous installment of this game. So Yogs saying "My role didn't change! Seriously!" includes the implication that he (claims that he) is still Town. It's strange that Yog saw it as necessary to proclaim that he is Town.
I read it as "my PR" didnt change. Not just his faction, but his actual role.

I dont want to outguess the changes mod made during reset, but I think it indicates yogs is Town.
GamezRanker: That said, if y'all or anyone else wants to throw some votes/etc my way, then by all means....but do try to back it up with some good reasoning while doing so, k?
Lifthrasil: Nah, my vote already is where I think it should be. But I would appreciate it if you would throw a vote someone's way. With reasoning, of course.

GamezRanker: My gut says one of the ZFR/Dogmaus duo might be scum, but then again my gut has been wrong many times before....what to do. :\
Lifthrasil: I don't think so. Their exchange felt too real and too bitter to be staged.
GR says ONE of us might be scum. If both of us were, that would be gold. We should get an Oscar prize or something if we had staged all this. But you probably know that YOU and ZFR are scum, so...
Dogmaus: Then he's been told that I am not L-1. His reaction is: I DON'T WANNA PLAY ANYMORE!
No. My reaction was "Sorry. I misread Pooka's post". The "I DON'T WANNA PLAY ANYMORE!" was in response to your personal attacks.
Please stop twisting my words.

Actually... whatever.
Dogmaus: Then he's been told that I am not L-1. His reaction is: I DON'T WANNA PLAY ANYMORE!
ZFR: No. My reaction was "Sorry. I misread Pooka's post". The "I DON'T WANNA PLAY ANYMORE!" was in response to your personal attacks.
Please stop twisting my words.

Actually... whatever.
you have said you don0t want to play anymore after I have asked you to take a breath, and re-read, becuase you were misunderdanding what you read.

" Please stop twisting my words."
That is what I was asking you, but of course if you are scum it's your strategy.
low rated
JoeSapphire: Pooka, I asked everybody to engage in this in a positive way - these comments are not helpful.

Please, if anybody has any issue with any of this talk to me first.
PookaMustard: I'm sorry.

I have been dealing with some crap since yesterday, and seeing the status of this game right now upset me. But that's no excuse for my behavior.
I just want to thank you for this apology, and also want to say that I(also dealing with some IRL atm) genuinely hope you can deal with whatever IRL you're dealing with atm as quickly/painlessly as possible.
low rated
Lifthrasil: OK. Upon re-reading Yogsloth's statement that his role didn't change is actually a 'I am still Town!' statement. We know who was scum in the previous installment of this game. So Yogs saying "My role didn't change! Seriously!" includes the implication that he (claims that he) is still Town. It's strange that Yog saw it as necessary to proclaim that he is Town.
Well they might have just been "proclaiming" it just cuz or etc, but I agree it is a tad strange.

(Side note: i'm slightly shocked no one noted that 'another player' subtly did more or less the same thing as Yog before Yog even did so)

Lifthrasil: Nah, my vote already is where I think it should be. But I would appreciate it if you would throw a vote someone's way. With reasoning, of course.
Well you know me.....my reasoning in these games isn't really my strong suit. Like with most D1s, (unless something stood out or the like) i'd vote near anyone but myself as I have little to go on and don't know anyone else's alignment.

That said, I am mulling over voting either Dogmaus or ZFR(for reasons stated below, etc), Yog(due to the stuff you brought up, and also the fact that afaik/iirc they have posted little so far this game), or maybe the highest wagon near EOD if nothing else pops up or comes to mind.

Lifthrasil: I don't think so. Their exchange felt too real and too bitter to be staged.
It's not as much the exchange, but more so the odds....with so few players there is a good chance(though not 100%) that one might be scum.

ZFR is posting as if they have lost interest in the game and want to be out of it ASAP, but iirc they've used that before as a way to hide being scum.

And Dogmaus also seems somewhat upset as well(though not to the point of wanting to be out of the game), but could also be using that to hide being scum.

-
(note to all: I am not trying to downplay/drag back up the stuff that happened earlier ITT with the above, just trying to reason out who might be scum)
-
Jesus, I thought I might have a chance to catch up on my lunch break but there might be a bit much. I'll start reading, but don't expect a response until later.
GamezRanker: And Dogmaus also seems somewhat upset as well(though not to the point of wanting to be out of the game), but could also be using that to hide being scum.

-
Seeing how I was never scum in any game in which you took part (I was only once ever in #58), this statement is false.
low rated
Dogmaus: GR: "My gut says one of the ZFR/Dogmaus duo might be scum, but then again my gut has been wrong many times before....what to do. :\"
he's my main suspect, expecially after this drama play, but it might still be TvT, that why I asked him to calm down and re-read and he went all rage (very sus).
Beyond the usual methods of playing the game a number of players employ(accusing players to ferret out scum), ZFR is sometimes like that to some players....it's just part of who he is while playing.
(just as I like to "silly post" a good deal while playing)

My advice to all players? We should try to keep an eye out for scum tells, and try not to let comments by other players bother us so much. If a comment (from any player, I mean) perhaps seems out of line, then one should ask the player and/or game mod about it.

Dogmaus: I am cool and having fun! :)
Good to hear

Dogmaus: Sorry to hear that, please try to do something that makes you feel better - for me now it's playing with my 3 months kitten! :)
One word: awwwwwwww
low rated
GamezRanker: And Dogmaus also seems somewhat upset as well(though not to the point of wanting to be out of the game), but could also be using that to hide being scum.

-
ZFR: Seeing how I was never scum in any game in which you took part (I was only once ever in #58), this statement is false.
Question(s): why didn't you quote the correct bit of that post (the one about yourself) when replying? Snipped the wrong bit, I assume?

That said, I did say IIRC. Anyways, I seem to recall someone doing such in a game or two before, so it is a possibility*(even if slim) that you (re)rolled scum and are trying to use your frustration/etc with the current game to try and win said game.
(* more so, imo, as you said you were only scum once in all the games i've played with you....although maybe i'm just messing up my understanding of odds again)

-
ZFR: Seeing how I was never scum in any game in which you took part (I was only once ever in #58), this statement is false.
please explain the logical or illogical connection between GR's and your statement.
bump
Post edited November 10, 2021 by Mogdaus
ettac orrazib si eman ym: Jesus, I thought I might have a chance to catch up on my lunch break but there might be a bit much. I'll start reading, but don't expect a response until later.
I felt like that a lot during my first game, cause I had no time and often no internet connection, and scum were using that to call me scum XD I tried to catch up during bus rides but it was hard!