It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tecnniqe: Seems to give a few hours of gameplay before it would get super boring/repetitive, but its priced at $20 so it seems fair.
Mrstarker: Um, actually no -- it gives a few hours of gameplay before it's over. The game is apparently only 4-5 hours long.
Depends on the difficulty settings i would assume. Even for a 4-5 hour game, as long as its enjoyable gameplay I'm fine with it.

Tbh i tend to enjoy shorter games more these days, as i actually have time to finish them.
Post edited May 30, 2015 by Tecnniqe
DCT: So 20 bucks for a graphically pretty indy game that seems to get repetitive fast and only lasts 4 to 5 hours and seems to have no real replay value.. No wonder this thing was rejected. I would of passed on this thing too, seems a bit much for very little content.
It's also supposed to pretty glitchy and badly optimised and the shooting is supposed to be not that interesting.

Personally, I'm way more interested in Postal Redux or Bombshell -- the latter looks like it may actually be fun and bring some FPS sensibilities into the genre. It really surprised me, especially considering that awful first trailer.

Bombshell 2nd trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8A7rDu405g
Pre-alpha gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPzUYgjRGww
Post edited May 30, 2015 by Mrstarker
Tecnniqe: Tbh i tend to enjoy shorter games more these days, as i actually have time to finish them.
Same here. Whenever someone is like "I've played 200 hours and haven't even seen everything," I'm usually like "ok, sounds like a game I will be skipping." My attention span for games is usually only like 20 hours anyway, unless it's a really special title.
DCT: So 20 bucks for a graphically pretty indy game that seems to get repetitive fast and only lasts 4 to 5 hours and seems to have no real replay value.. No wonder this thing was rejected. I would of passed on this thing too, seems a bit much for very little content.
Mrstarker: It's also supposed to pretty glitchy and badly optimised and the shooting is supposed to be not that interesting.

Personally, I'm way more interested in Postal Redux or Bombshell -- the latter looks like it may actually be fun and bring some FPS sensibilities into the genre. It really surprised me, especially considering that awful first trailer.

That does look pretty awesome indeed. Kinda XCOM style looking from that Alpha gameplay. Cool.
Mrstarker: Um, actually no -- it gives a few hours of gameplay before it's over. The game is apparently only 4-5 hours long.
To be devil's advocate... can't you pretty much level every one of those complaints at Postal and Postal 2, which GOG does carry? And neither of those has the advantage of looking pretty.
Tecnniqe: Tbh i tend to enjoy shorter games more these days, as i actually have time to finish them.
jefequeso: Same here. Whenever someone is like "I've played 200 hours and haven't even seen everything," I'm usually like "ok, sounds like a game I will be skipping." My attention span for games is usually only like 20 hours anyway, unless it's a really special title.
I think there's only a handful of games that does that, mostly MP games like GTA:O due to crazy stuff with friends or Planetside cause it was so massive and nothing like it.
low rated
Mrstarker: It's also supposed to pretty glitchy and badly optimised and the shooting is supposed to be not that interesting.

Postal Redux, I'm totally with you on. However, on high end systems it runs fine, I just saw a few glitches, & they were even pointed out from the video I linked. I've seen more glitches than that in The Witcher 3, & I'm barely level 12.

The other, reminds me of XCOM, indeed, thanks for the info.
Tracido: However, on high end systems it runs fine
Well, the person who told me this has a GeForce GTX 970, a pretty high end card.
jefequeso: To be devil's advocate... can't you pretty much level every one of those complaints at Postal and Postal 2, which GOG does carry? And neither of those has the advantage of looking pretty.
On the other hand neither of those costs $20.
low rated
Tracido: However, on high end systems it runs fine
Mrstarker: Well, the person who told me this has a GeForce GTX 970, a pretty high end card.
Really? Most of what i was seeing was on 950's and much lower series, trying to run it. However, I had heard something about it being driver related, but I didn't go Nvidia this gen...
Total Biscuit's video.

My toughts backed: interesting yet mediocre and over-advertised game.
jefequeso: To be devil's advocate... can't you pretty much level every one of those complaints at Postal and Postal 2, which GOG does carry? And neither of those has the advantage of looking pretty.
PaterAlf: On the other hand neither of those costs $20.
True. Could be that they couldn't agree on a price point.
Postal, yes, it's a very short game, even considering the expansion pack levels, but then again it's only 6 bucks here.

Postal 2, however, is a fairly lengthy game and doubly so if you consider the expansion packs included on GOG, so content-wise it's well worth the 10 bucks they are asking. And, unlike the first Postal, it's open world...ish, so it stretches even a little further on the replay front.
Post edited May 30, 2015 by Mrstarker
Mrstarker: Postal, yes, it's a very short game, even considering the expansion pack levels, but then again it's only 6 bucks here.

Postal 2, however, is a fairly lengthy game and doubly so if you consider the expansion packs included on GOG, so content-wise it's well worth the 10 bucks they are asking. And, unlike the first Postal, it's open world...ish, so it stretches even a little further on the replay front.
I was more talking about it getting really dull after about 20 minutes :P. But yes, I will admit there's at least more content.
Additionally, GOG is still retailer which deals with selling old games, and Postal games most definitely do have historical significance.