It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

amok: It always have been, as it is the way that gives most to the developers. If you buy from gOg or any other store, you give the developer 70% of the monies, but via Humble Widget they get 95%. (even Humble Store is not as good at 75%).

So if you want to support the developer, always use the widgets.
Primo_Victoria: Is there a roundup of the games sold by widget? And is gOg some kind of alternate Russian GOG or...?
Since there is no store front, there is no unified webpage. Said that, there are a few community driven ones. I think this is the best one: http://calvein.github.io/humble-games/table.html

(and no-one know how to write gOg, not even gOg themselves... I emphasis Old in gOg).
low rated
Primo_Victoria: I'm a bit in the same boat. I joined GOG for their principles and how they're praised, and they turn out to be pretty shady as well with the Witcher 3 downgrade, the buggy website, and I've heard only a little bit about the issues you mention like regional pricing and geolocation blocks.
toxicTom: There was no Witcher 3 downgrade. They had to change the engine because it couldn't handle nightly lighting well (although it looked a little better than the current one in daytime). And they had to remove some things that just wouldn't work with a massive game running in the background at the same time. Go ahead and ask them for the demo that had the oh-so-awesome visuals. I guess you would be surprised how they upgraded since then: They added a whole huge game.
BULLSHIT! everyone knows the game was downgraded, you see what I was talking about you funboys are still defending them even after it was proved that they downgraded the game, read this article http://whatifgaming.com/developer-insider-the-witcher-3-was-downgraded-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why which is true cause all the stuff listed there were either taken out or downgraded, now watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpPqXdzl7g all what is there has been removed except the hairworks, if you still doubt the article compare what was listed as taken out with what is in the video you will realize that the article was 100% legit, funboys like you disgust me
Post edited May 31, 2015 by Supremtin
Dalswyn: Because the postman saw you leave your home, it means you burned your mailbox?

Are you on crack?
Tracido: I'm very aware of all I wrote and it sure as hell wasn't to you he took something personally I spoke to him personally, it was none of your business. I would have just continued privately if it had sent in the first place.
I'm questioning your logic, not the content of the messages.
Post edited May 31, 2015 by Dalswyn
I was compelled to look through my old chat messages...

Last May, I gifted monkeydelarge a copy of Outlast. He said he would never forget it. This May, he accuses me of drinking PBR in my mom's basement (which she does not have).

I also know that a few Christmases ago, Carrion Crow and I exchanged awful games. He gave me Judge Dredd and I gave him Daikatana. But those messages are missing.

Fix the chat system or I'm boycotting! Blargh!
Primo_Victoria: Well, you don't think very highly of GOG, it seems. :/
It's my favourite store, currently. A little for lack of alternatives, admitted. What I want is DRM-free, uncut and (in case of non-German titles) English (original or localized) games both old and new. Gog.com gives me that, and in addition to that has an awesome community and better support (most of the time) than most other stores. Sometimes they do awesome things like discussing the new TOS with the community beforehand. Sometimes they do (IMO) silly things like breaking stuff that worked and was used by many people without complaints (like the PM to chat thing, which made me using the system only rarely nowadays).

I would never forget that they are first and foremost a business, trying to survive and prosper to make it's owners rich. I think they really try to treat their customers well, be it because they believe in the principle, or because it sets them apart from the moloch Steam (who basically treats customers like shit). While the former reason may have the "knight in shining armor" bonus, I can never know if it's not just a facade for the latter. In the end the important thing is - they treat me well. So I stay as a customer. They stop doing it? I'm probably not buying here anymore. (And the nice thing is - I have all my installers and would never have to have any contact with GOG again and still have all the games. Try that with Steam).
low rated
Tracido: I'm very aware of all I wrote and it sure as hell wasn't to you he took something personally I spoke to him personally, it was none of your business. I would have just continued privately if it had sent in the first place.
Dalswyn: I'm questionning your logic, not the content of the messages.
Well, spelling first would help. I never got hired for being an English major. I work not with words, just data. Also yeah, I think that answers my question.
Supremtin:
Wasn't the downgrade for the consoles though? The Witcher 3 did came out also in PS4 I believe, and most of the streaming devices I looked for in the beggining were on console (believe, meaning I could be wrong)
Also funny people low rated someone that said the word or acronym rather "SJW" :P
Post edited May 31, 2015 by GioVio123
low rated
Supremtin:
GioVio123: Wasn't the downgrade for the consoles though? The Witcher 3 did came out also in PS4 I believe, and most of the streaming devices I looked for in the beggining were on console (believe, meaning I could be wrong)
Also funny people low rated someone that said the word or acronym rather "SJW" :P
follow what I wrote on my previous post, they downgraded the pc version in favor of the console versions particularly the xbox because ms bribed them, yes and I have proof that cdpr sold out to ms

toxicTom: There was no Witcher 3 downgrade. They had to change the engine because it couldn't handle nightly lighting well (although it looked a little better than the current one in daytime). And they had to remove some things that just wouldn't work with a massive game running in the background at the same time. Go ahead and ask them for the demo that had the oh-so-awesome visuals. I guess you would be surprised how they upgraded since then: They added a whole huge game.
could you hurry up and get back at me I really wanna see you try to get yourself out of the whole downgrade issue that completely proves you a FUNBOY
Post edited May 31, 2015 by Supremtin
low rated
Primo_Victoria: Is there a roundup of the games sold by widget? And is gOg some kind of alternate Russian GOG or...?
amok: Since there is no store front, there is no unified webpage. Said that, there are a few community driven ones. I think this is the best one: http://calvein.github.io/humble-games/table.html

(and no-one know how to write gOg, not even gOg themselves... I emphasis Old in gOg).
That's so cool. Thank you.

Are you saying that you wish GOG only sold old games? I'm sure you're not the only one, but I find modern indie games just as appealing.
toxicTom: It's my favourite store, currently. A little for lack of alternatives, admitted. What I want is DRM-free, uncut and (in case of non-German titles) English (original or localized) games both old and new. Gog.com gives me that, and in addition to that has an awesome community and better support (most of the time) than most other stores. Sometimes they do awesome things like discussing the new TOS with the community beforehand. Sometimes they do (IMO) silly things like breaking stuff that worked and was used by many people without complaints (like the PM to chat thing, which made me using the system only rarely nowadays).

I would never forget that they are first and foremost a business, trying to survive and prosper to make it's owners rich. I think they really try to treat their customers well, be it because they believe in the principle, or because it sets them apart from the moloch Steam (who basically treats customers like shit). While the former reason may have the "knight in shining armor" bonus, I can never know if it's not just a facade for the latter. In the end the important thing is - they treat me well. So I stay as a customer. They stop doing it? I'm probably not buying here anymore. (And the nice thing is - I have all my installers and would never have to have any contact with GOG again and still have all the games. Try that with Steam).
No, it just seemed like you thought they would just not sell a game if they thought angry mothers would attack them.

Yeah, with Steam you need cracks once you've bought the game. It sucks. I think I'll mostly buy directly from devs from now on.
Post edited May 31, 2015 by Primo_Victoria
The real problem witth games like this is they tend to rely on the shock value alone,and don't pay much attention to the gameplay . I give you the Postal games as an example.
It's fun to play as a homicidal maniac for about ten minutes, but it gets boring after that.
Post edited May 31, 2015 by dudalb
low rated
Ophelium: I was compelled to look through my old chat messages...

Last May, I gifted monkeydelarge a copy of Outlast. He said he would never forget it. This May, he accuses me of drinking PBR in my mom's basement (which she does not have).

I also know that a few Christmases ago, Carrion Crow and I exchanged awful games. He gave me Judge Dredd and I gave him Daikatana. But those messages are missing.

So because you gifted me a game, last year, I have to be your loyal best friend forever no matter what kind of person you end up showing yourself to be? You are the one who decided to side with these insane pro censorship control freaks and call everyone on the side of true righteousness, "asshats". You made your bed, now lie in it...in your mother's basement.
Post edited May 31, 2015 by monkeydelarge
low rated
amok: Since there is no store front, there is no unified webpage. Said that, there are a few community driven ones. I think this is the best one: http://calvein.github.io/humble-games/table.html

Primo_Victoria: That's so cool. Thank you.

Are you saying that you wish GOG only sold old games? I'm sure you're not the only one, but I find modern indie games just as appealing.
toxicTom: It's my favourite store, currently. A little for lack of alternatives, admitted. What I want is DRM-free, uncut and (in case of non-German titles) English (original or localized) games both old and new. Gog.com gives me that, and in addition to that has an awesome community and better support (most of the time) than most other stores. Sometimes they do awesome things like discussing the new TOS with the community beforehand. Sometimes they do (IMO) silly things like breaking stuff that worked and was used by many people without complaints (like the PM to chat thing, which made me using the system only rarely nowadays).

Primo_Victoria: No, it just seemed like you thought they would just not sell a game if they thought angry mothers would attack them.

Yeah, with Steam you need cracks once you've bought the game. It sucks. I think I'll mostly buy directly from devs from now on.
Steam is built on DRM, though. The base of the platform itself when I installed it with Half Life 2's CE, is just that.

I calmed down, and rationalized it more carefully. I am not blind to the endless shitstorm on the Steam boards, and coming soon in the media, sadly.

Not to mention, I even gained respect for GOG for not disclosing privacy between the two companies. I just think they are going to lose money, maybe not much, but some.
Dalswyn: I'm questionning your logic, not the content of the messages.
Tracido: Well, spelling first would help. I never got hired for being an English major. I work not with words, just data. Also yeah, I think that answers my question.
I know you're not an English major (if only by the fact that you'd blame yourself for having a college degree and being an "elitist"). :P

As for your "data", sure, you're working with them, one colorful cube at a time, piling them up. Such a job would make anyone jealous. :P
Post edited May 31, 2015 by Dalswyn
low rated
Ophelium: I was compelled to look through my old chat messages...

monkeydelarge: You made your bed, now lie in it...in your mother's basement.
lol that's gold
low rated
Fenixp: In other words, when I create a game, I should strive to create as much controversy around it as possible, so people like you will fight for it being for sale everywhere, regardless of it being shit. Good to know. I do hope you feel good being used.
amok: National Alliance should subject "Ethnic Cleansing" to gOg. If it is rejected, it would only be because censorship. or the femnazis... probably censorship by the femnazis in plotting with SJW's thinking with their feelings.
This post proves to the world, how delusional you are. Show me some proof that Hatred is a racist game. The main character being white doesn't count.