It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

And of course I get ninjaed by Red.

RedFireGaming: Trent's unwillingness to lynch Flub feel genuine. I don't think he's faking it. I'll put him on my town list for now.
No no no no no. When trent made his statement it was fairly likely that flub was a viable lynch wagon; enough people expressed willingness to vote him. It's textbook play for scum to not get on a wagon that's on its way to lynch either way.

Not saying trent is scum, but knowing him I wouldn't dismiss it. In fact I was surprised a bit to see trent defend flub when to be honest flub did nothing really particularly towny.
ZFR: And of course I get ninjaed by Red.
No no no no no. When trent made his statement it was fairly likely that flub was a viable lynch wagon; enough people expressed willingness to vote him. It's textbook play for scum to not get on a wagon that's on its way to lynch either way.

Not saying trent is scum, but knowing him I wouldn't dismiss it. In fact I was surprised a bit to see trent defend flub when to be honest flub did nothing really particularly towny.
I kept trying to post earlier, but it just hung on the "processing, please wait" part.

I realize that scum!Trent is still entirely possible, but I'd like too see what I can find out about the other players, especially Micro, before I go back to questioning him.
agentcarr16: A fifteen minute break is taken, allowing you all to gather your thoughts and prepare for another round of discussion. As the break comes to an end, GameRager suddenly explodes, messily. You are all moved to another briefing room to continue your discussion while some cabin boys clean GameRager off the walls.

After his personal effects have been thoroughly sterilized, they are brought to you. A well-worn set of officer's insignia, a stick of chewing gum, and a scrap of paper that reads "I bet I'll go in the first two days".

---------------

GameRager is dead. He was Vanilla Town.

It is now Day 2. You may begin posting.

The deadline is approximately 7 days from now.

---------------
Dammit dammit dammi....I mean I am dead......Horatio I knew him well....etc.

=====================

RedFireGaming: Gods of GOG, let me post this time. Hello everybody!
agentcarr16: GameRager suddenly explodes, messily. You are all moved to another briefing room to continue your discussion while some cabin boys clean GameRager off the walls.
RedFireGaming: That's... disgusting. Also, I liked GameRager. Now who's going to roleplay?
Feel free to roleplay in my stead/honor. :)

Also once I get the observer thread link i'll roleplay as a ghost/etc there a bit perhaps.
ZFR: And of course I get ninjaed by Red.

flub was questioning peoples actions and trying to hunt for scum, his posts had a definite town vibe to them. You should go back and read his posts because if you can't see it then you might not be able to ever get a reliable read on him. And why exactly was flub's wagon going to be a lynch either way? The only reason flub was lynched was because you and bookwyrm were around at end of day to make sure a lynch happened. If more people had actually been around come end of day Pooka could have easily been the lynch instead, but I am guessing scum had no desire to be around at end of day.

Microfish_1: @MOD: I'll stick with voting Flub for now, with apologies to him if he's town.
Tell me Micro, what was the point of making this comment? You were the second vote on the wagon when that comment was made so 3 away from a lynch, but yet you found it necessary to apologize to flub?
Bookwyrm627: Fine. Someone has to kick discussion off anyway.
At last, we may begin.

Bookwyrm627: Let's start with 23. The framing of events bothered me, and I noted this post in my post 24.
Post 23 is basically what I think of the roles. Worth noting that in 23, I falsely assumed scum get to pick their role after we do ours. In either case, I talk about the roles, and mention that I'm more interested in Follow the Cop, also under the false presumption that the doctor can protect the same target each night. Were I to know I was wrong on both of these points, I'd have settled on Cop + Watcher/Tracker. The framing of events is basically surmising "what could go wrong?" with the combos I talked about.

Bookwyrm627: Post 48: "Yay for decisive town!" and everywhere else "Guys we're moving too fast slow down!"
'->There seems to be a disconnect here. Also, I'm not a fan of waiting for the deadline for the sake of waiting for the deadline.
I don't like sitting around for deadlines either, especially the last few days of this game's Day 1, which felt like waiting for the inevitable, that was either flub's or my lynch. I am more concerned about going too fast if there's still stuff that can be learned, for example someone didn't participate yet, or to-Day's topic.

Bookwyrm627: As I noted in 89, I didn't care for the counterargument paragraph. Also, the way certain people who did some similar things but got no comment made the whole post look like building a case on a player who is routinely regarded with some suspicion because he is generally reticent.
The point was to figure out what the hell was that with hammering the roles out of the blue. Without this hammering post, I wouldn't have focused on flub the way I did.

Bookwyrm627: From 109, there is the oddly specific interpretation of the meaning of my and ZFR's questions/comments toward Lift back in D0
Yeah, no. I already had this discussion with ZFR, and I still stand behind what I said for it. Namely, I was the one to specify what's wrong and ask about it, and got a satisfactory answer from Lift. I also still believe ZFR's "this stinks" didn't add much to the discourse, which by ZFR's own standards, it should be bad. You should also check out Lift's post 115 while you're at it, which agrees with my angle.

Bookwyrm627: In 219, I can't shake the feeling that "I believe Flub" is a little bit of buttering up.
Why would it be? Anything that could point me towards focusing on the real scum, I'll take for granted. And if I wanted to butter up to someone as scum, it wouldn't be directed towards the one accusing me of being scum.
PookaMustard: Yeah, no. I already had this discussion with ZFR, and I still stand behind what I said for it. Namely, I was the one to specify what's wrong and ask about it, and got a satisfactory answer from Lift. I also still believe ZFR's "this stinks" didn't add much to the discourse, which by ZFR's own standards, it should be bad. You should also check out Lift's post 115 while you're at it, which agrees with my angle.

Why does it matter if Lift agrees with your angle, are your arguments not enough so you need support from someone else? What if Lift is scum and agrees with your angle?
PookaMustard: Post 23 is basically what I think of the roles.
I don't disagree that these are the reasons you provided, nor do I even disagree that you answered back when first questioned. You also aren't alone in having thought Doctor could repeat protections (I thought the same until Agent corrected everyone). That said, scum can also provide well thought out reasons.

I didn't like the vibe I got from the posts, and your explanations didn't settle my disquiet.

Bookwyrm627: From 109, there is the oddly specific interpretation of the meaning of my and ZFR's questions/comments toward Lift back in D0
PookaMustard: Yeah, no. I already had this discussion with ZFR, and I still stand behind what I said for it. Namely, I was the one to specify what's wrong and ask about it, and got a satisfactory answer from Lift. I also still believe ZFR's "this stinks" didn't add much to the discourse, which by ZFR's own standards, it should be bad. You should also check out Lift's post 115 while you're at it, which agrees with my angle.
ZFR's "this stinks" actually said two things that are quite relevant.
1) "Something is wrong with this post"
2) "I don't like it. Looks scummy"

The first was a flag, though perhaps the flag would have gone unnoticed if someone hadn't already spotted Lift's mistake.

The second is an indicator of what ZFR is finding noteworthy, what he thinks is suspicious, and where his reads lay. This sort of information is actually very useful, even needed, when trying to suss out whether someone is town or scum.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised that you and Lift both think "this stinks" didn't mean much.

Also, from this I gather that you read Lift as town?

Bookwyrm627: In 219, I can't shake the feeling that "I believe Flub" is a little bit of buttering up.
PookaMustard: Why would it be? Anything that could point me towards focusing on the real scum, I'll take for granted. And if I wanted to butter up to someone as scum, it wouldn't be directed towards the one accusing me of being scum.
Disarming one's "strongest opposition" (your words, post 235) can be exceptionally useful for preventing one's lynch. If the biggest accuser wanders off, the momentum may die entirely. Buttering up can be a part of that strategy.
Vote Count

PookaMustard - 2 votes (Bookwyrm627, trentonlf)
Bookwyrm627 - 1 vote (Lifthrasil)

Not voting: Everyone else

PookaMustard is closest to lynch, at L-2.

With 7 players, 4 is a majority.

The deadline is approximately 6 days from now.
Post edited August 09, 2019 by agentcarr16
Bookwyrm627: ZFR's "this stinks" actually said two things that are quite relevant.
For the record, I said "this smells". You know, not necessarily a stink but a smell that warrants further investigation.

Now Pooka, I did find something odd.

PookaMustard: "Worth noting that in 23, I falsely assumed scum get to pick their role after we do ours."
(emphasis mine)

PookaMustard: "As for myself, I'm more interested in the Follow the Cop strategy. Yes, they could be sabotaged by a strongman, but until the strongman actually nails them, it would be decent protection?"
I... don't get it.

You were interested in Follow the Cop strategy (a very good strategy if Doc is allowed mulitiple protections which we all assumed), but... you also assumed scum get to pick their role after ours?

How. On. Earth did you expect Follow the Cop to work if scum pick up role after town? What does "until the strongman actually nails them, it would be decent protection" even mean?

Here is how FtC works: Cop claims immediately, Doc protects them every night.
With strongman, cop dies N1. Strategy fails. There is no way for FtC to work if Scum can pick their role after Town. They just pick Strongman and our PRs can go make love to themselves.

So... what's going on here?

I'm really wondering if this is a derpclear or if your "I assumed scum get to pick their role after we do ours." is a LAMIST slip where you meant to show everyone Look at me! I'm Town! If I were scum I'd have known they pick role before Town.
Bookwyrm627: ZFR's "this stinks" actually said two things that are quite relevant.
ZFR: For the record, I said "this smells". You know, not necessarily a stink but a smell that warrants further investigation.
My apologies. Looking back, Lift smells while Pooka stinks.
ZFR: For the record, I said "this smells". You know, not necessarily a stink but a smell that warrants further investigation.
Bookwyrm627: My apologies. Looking back, Lift smells while Pooka stinks.
This literally made me laugh out loud.
CRAP! I think I started a multi-quote post in notepad so I didn't accidently close the window, then continued in a new window with the next person's post but forgot to copy it, and closed the notepad window after making my reply thinking I'd already used it.

No wonder Trent didn't respond to my question. Boop me; now I have to figure out which questions didn't get posted. -.-
Lifthrasil: Because I thought that statement quite callous. Of course he couldn't know that flubb was a PR. But still after hammering one of the worst possible mis-lynches I would expect that a Town player feels bad about that. Bookwyrm doesn't.

For completeness sake: I am aware that flubb participated in his lynch and is mostly himself to blame for it. And usually I would also expect scum to feign some remorse. So Bookwyrm's callousness isn't strictly a scum-sign. But it sticks out and it is not a sign of him wanting to win for town. Because if he wanted Town to win, the loss of a PR would bother him.
Ugh. I had a whole paragraph over-the-top bemoaning how I hammered a town PR. It isn't going to feel nearly as funny trying to recreate it and I don't feel guilty, so screw it. Woe is me, or whatever.

Whatever. The salient point is reviewing Lift's attitude toward Flub over D1. I'm condensing and paraphrasing, but do let me know if I misinterpreted.

Post 72: Flub might be scum alongside Pooka OR Micro (Flub hammered town roles)
Post 74: Pushes Flub on role choices.
Post 100: Flub is behaving scummy; he always behaves scummy so he's an easy target. Is he going to get away with Flubbing? I think not? (Question mark in the original)
Post 106: Pushes Flub on role choices some more.
Post 115: Not content with Flub's answers.
Post 138: Still not content, thinks Flub is actually scum. Votes Flub.
Post 152: Suspicious of Micro but prefers Flub's lynch.
Post 162: Two days to go, prefer's Flub lynch but Flub Immunity a problem.
Post 182: Leaving vote on Flub since ZFR removed his. Suspicious of Micro (No Lynch vote) and Red (followed GR's vote).
Post 190: Only one day left and Flub's wagon fell apart! Vote Micro!
Post 200: Flub at L-1. I'm not hammering!
Post 233: Why doesn't Wyrm feel bad for hammering a Town PR? Vote Wyrm.

So yeah. Care to explain the sudden about face on lynching Flub, right there at the end? Especially after complaining about No Lynch and then being the only person voting Micro?

Lifthrasil: Also he seems to tunnel quite hard on Pooka. Maybe Books is on to something. And it is indeed interesting that Micro and Pooka were both in the 'Doctor driving group' of three and on the flubb wagon. But maybe Books is just focusing on the easiest target. So I do put Books in the suspicion bin right now. Together with Micro and yes, Pooka.
Is it really a surprise that I'd vote Pooka, considering he's my top read for scum? I've had misgivings since D0.

trentonlf: If more people had actually been around come end of day Pooka could have easily been the lynch instead, but I am guessing scum had no desire to be around at end of day.
Is it safe to assume the implication is deliberate?
i'm alive, i think. Gotta get more sleep, got stuff i must do later today, will do my best to come in and read stuff. and reply.
Bookwyrm627: Let's start with 23. The framing of events bothered me, and I noted this post in my post 24.
PookaMustard: Post 23 is basically what I think of the roles. Worth noting that in 23, I falsely assumed scum get to pick their role after we do ours.
Wait. This sticks out like a sore thumb and I missed this before: you thought, that scum get to pick their role AFTER we publicly choose ours? And you still suggested Follow the Cop? Why? That strategy doesn't make any sense if scum can pick their role to match Towns pick. If scum knows that Town has picked a Cop and is planning a Follow the Cop strategy, they would definitely pick Strongman - and that would ensure that the Cop doesn't even survive the first Night. So 'being interested in Follow The Cop' under your (false) assumption that scum gets to pick after Town is just the same as 'being interested in eliminating the Cop'.

PookaMustard: The point was to figure out what the hell was that with hammering the roles out of the blue. Without this hammering post, I wouldn't have focused on flub the way I did.
And yet you were the one to bring Doctor to V-1. You voted Doctor right after Micro re-kindled the Doctor train. So flubb hammered in your preferred role. Yes, it was out of the blue and I was suspicous of the way the Doctor was pushed in a short time afterwards. But you were part of that pushing. So you can't have been unhappy with flubbs choice.

ZFR: ...
Ah, I see ZFR has already asked my first question. Doesn't matter. I'll leave it in and continue through the further posts.

Bookwyrm627: My apologies. Looking back, Lift smells while Pooka stinks.
In my defense, if I DO smell, I smell of roses and lavender!

Bookwyrm627: So yeah. Care to explain the sudden about face on lynching Flub, right there at the end? Especially after complaining about No Lynch and then being the only person voting Micro?
I think that should be obvious. I had no qualms about lynching Flubb. He was scummy and he didn't do anything to avert his lynch. But I didn't want to hammer him when there was still a full day left until deadline. Especially not without giving flubb a chance to claim. (which he then didn't). Yes, if I had had the time to check in before end of the Day, I probably would have hammered flubb myself after his post 204. But for me it would have been an 'Oh shit' moment the next Day, when realizing that I killed a PR. Your reaction was, however, "Oh, hammering was fun!".

But to be honest, that does say more about your character than about your faction. So my vote was probably not entirely justified.

unvote Bookwyrm

And no, it's not a surprizing that you vote Pooka and that you hold on to your suspicion from Day 1. I also am still suspicous of Micro and Pooka actually does look scummy now too, after his strange 'defense' involving the FtC strategy. But I'll wait for his reply before voting. Especially since my vote would put him at L-1 and we still have lots of time before the deadline.
Still, you seemed to tunnel on him. That can happen to Town too, sure, but it was something I noticed and therefore I mentioned it.

Microfish_1: i'm alive, i think. Gotta get more sleep, got stuff i must do later today, will do my best to come in and read stuff. and reply.
I hope your replies will also explain some of the leftovers from Day 1. As a re-cap, what I gathered about you so far:
- you voted no-lynch because you didn't want to be involved with a mis-lynch. (how did you know it was going to be one?) And also because you wanted to experiment. (Post 196)
- then you voted flubb because you trusted my judgement. However, my second pick was you. If you are town, that pick was wrong. So why trust my other pick?
- you still haven't told us whom you rate as scum and whom as town. You told us whom you rate, but not as what.
- oh, and regarding your question what I mean with 'baseless accusations', it's for example this:
Bookwyrm627: Reading this, after reading your statemeout about ZFR-Pooka being town-town violence, leaves me thinking you're saying that either Micro or Flub are scum.
Microfish_1: I've noticed several purposely mispelled words; wondering i this is part of breadcrumbing or not. Worth checking into, if I survive.
Constructing scumminess out of spelling errors is a bit far fetched. I think. And the 'if I survive' at the end looks very LAMIST. "Hey, look at me! I don't know whether I will survive the Night. So I must be Town! Right? Right?!"

You know what, until you actually reply to those points, I'll put my vote back where it was before the Night.

vote Micro