It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: Let's take this further then:

1) flub is an experienced player and we know he's town (flipped). He thinks Bookwyrm is Town, therefore Bookwyrm is Town.

2) Bookwyrm is an experienced player and we know he's Town (point 1). He thinks Pooka is Scum, therefore...
Town-on-town violence can be a thing.

Also, it's worth noting that as of Day 2, there are 7 players. This means the majority is four players. I'm now currently sitting at L-2, and Day 2 isn't even five hours old yet. We don't even know the deadline!
Bookwyrm627: Two problems with that:
1)
2)
3)
ZFR: There are three types of people:
1) Those who can count
2) Those who can't
Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that you're the one to call me on that.

As soon as I realized I had another point, I knew I should have immediately gone back and changed "two" to "several".

PookaMustard: Also, it's worth noting that as of Day 2, there are 7 players. This means the majority is four players. I'm now currently sitting at L-2, and Day 2 isn't even five hours old yet. We don't even know the deadline!
-Considering the D1 deadline, a safe assumption is that deadline is in approximately 7 days.

-If two people jump on your wagon now, one after the other, great!

-What do you expect people to do with their votes? Words are cheap.
Bookwyrm627: -If two people jump on your wagon now, one after the other, great!

Okay. Let me put it for you another way. We know from the setup that there's two scum, and we know from the kills so far that they're both still alive. Now if we assume they haven't voted me yet, they now have the leverage to do so, and get an easy lynch. And as you say yourself, assuming all kills go through and no scum killed, D3 will be LyLo. With a little tactfulness, they could afford offing me on D2. Even today if they want to.
Bookwyrm627: -If two people jump on your wagon now, one after the other, great!

PookaMustard: Okay. Let me put it for you another way. We know from the setup that there's two scum, and we know from the kills so far that they're both still alive. Now if we assume they haven't voted me yet, they now have the leverage to do so, and get an easy lynch. And as you say yourself, assuming all kills go through and no scum killed, D3 will be LyLo. With a little tactfulness, they could afford offing me on D2. Even today if they want to.
Pretend two people quick hammer you on this RL day. What happens next?
Bookwyrm627: Pretend two people quick hammer you on this RL day. What happens next?
Well, I die. Scum then off some person. Welcome to D3 slash LyLo.

...or, we could get started on what's the issue with me, and maybe have a better chance at finding and lynching scum. All I ask is one vote less on me. The Day is still young, and I could use it to turn things around for me. If you still feel I am scum by the end of it, feel free to bring forth the hammer.
ZFR: Let's take this further then:

1) flub is an experienced player and we know he's town (flipped). He thinks Bookwyrm is Town, therefore Bookwyrm is Town.

2) Bookwyrm is an experienced player and we know he's Town (point 1). He thinks Pooka is Scum, therefore...
PookaMustard: Town-on-town violence can be a thing.
As is town-misreading-scum-as-town. Yet you quickly assumed that town-flub reading Bookwyrm as town means he's town.

Also:

agentcarr16: The deadline is approximately 7 days from now.
Bookwyrm627: Pretend two people quick hammer you on this RL day. What happens next?
PookaMustard: Well, I die. Scum then off some person. Welcome to D3 slash LyLo.
For purposes of this discussion, lets assume you flip Town (since a scum flip just involves a brief celebration and then hunting for the last one). What happens after that? Who are we going to be scrutinizing? Who is the cop likely to pay a visit?

PookaMustard: The Day is still young, and I could use it to turn things around for me.
And that is a concern, since you're at the top of my scum list.
Damn. After flubbs flip I was convinced that GR was scum. After he berated me for not hammering and berated ZFR for retracting his vote earlier to avoid a quickhammer, he looked very scummy. I would have started the Day with voting him ... and then he goes and gets himself killed and flips Town to boot...

But what the hell was flubb thinking, that he didn't claim? He even criticized GR for wanting to rush the lynch without a role claim. In that post he didn't claim ... and that was very strong anti-town play since he was a PR.

Well, maybe he assumed that his Role was useless, since scum might have driven the Doctor selection... however, he himself was it that hammered the Doctor in. So that supposed scum train driving the Doctor and avoiding the Watcher has now a confirmed Townie as hammerer.

Ah, what the hell. Rant over.

Bookwyrm627: Anyway.

Hammering was nice, ...
So, hammering a Town PR was nice? Interesting.

Vote Bookwyrm

Hammering was nice, ...
Lifthrasil: So, hammering a Town PR was nice? Interesting.

Vote Bookwyrm
You put three extra words in there. Hammering was nice, especially after last game's "Dum de dum, just waiting for you guys".

I feel no guilt or shame for helping achieve lynches that lose me the game. Hammering what turns out to be a Town PR is nothing; it barely registers as "Oh. Oops."
Bookwyrm627: For purposes of this discussion, lets assume you flip Town (since a scum flip just involves a brief celebration and then hunting for the last one). What happens after that? Who are we going to be scrutinizing? Who is the cop likely to pay a visit?
The four voters would be scrutinized. Didn't say it has to be a quick hammer, only that it has to be done tactfully enough in a way such that I am out of the game just as easily as a quickhammer, but without the scum looking most suspect for it. As for the cop, he'd probably look at my strongest opposition (currently you). That being someone who is vigilant about his case, something like that.

Bookwyrm627: And that is a concern, since you're at the top of my scum list.
Then let us get started by telling me what's wrong. Where do you get your feelings about me?

ZFR: As is town-misreading-scum-as-town. Yet you quickly assumed that town-flub reading Bookwyrm as town means he's town.
I guess "inclined" was the wrong word. Alright. How about "I'm leaning on believing him" instead? Wyrm currently ranks for me as Slight Town, but not full town read.
I've been having a gut feeling against Lift for some time. I tell myself it's probably leftover from the Secret Hitler game where he nicely played me. It very well could be. But that feeling is there. I can't help it. And I really can't find anything against him.

However:

Hammering was nice, ...

Vote Bookwyrm
Why? Why purposely misinterpret Bookwyrm's statement when it's clear what he had in mind.

Also: spot on about flub and GR. I was going to start the day voting GR if it wasn't for his NK. And I feel same way about flub not claiming.
PookaMustard: The four voters would be scrutinized.
Boom, there it is. If you get hammered rapidly, then a lot of suspicion is going to fall on those doing it. If both scum are on the wagon, and town scrutinizes those on the wagon, and cop investigates among the wagon, then we've got a lot more eyes looking in the right places.

And if scum don't quick/slide(?) hammer, then the problem doesn't exist in the first place.

Bookwyrm627: And that is a concern, since you're at the top of my scum list.
PookaMustard: Then let us get started by telling me what's wrong. Where do you get your feelings about me?
Fine. Someone has to kick discussion off anyway.

And before you say it, yes, you've already responded to some of these in some fashion, back when they first came up.

Let's start with 23. The framing of events bothered me, and I noted this post in my post 24.

Post 48: "Yay for decisive town!" and everywhere else "Guys we're moving too fast slow down!"
'->There seems to be a disconnect here. Also, I'm not a fan of waiting for the deadline for the sake of waiting for the deadline.

We had our...discussion...about GR having/not having a chance to chime in, etc.

As I noted in 89, I didn't care for the counterargument paragraph. Also, the way certain people who did some similar things but got no comment made the whole post look like building a case on a player who is routinely regarded with some suspicion because he is generally reticent.

From 109, there is the oddly specific interpretation of the meaning of my and ZFR's questions/comments toward Lift back in D0, and there is the subsequent OMGUS push on ZFR.

In 219, I can't shake the feeling that "I believe Flub" is a little bit of buttering up.

Vote Bookwyrm
ZFR: Why? Why purposely misinterpret Bookwyrm's statement when it's clear what he had in mind.
Because I thought that statement quite callous. Of course he couldn't know that flubb was a PR. But still after hammering one of the worst possible mis-lynches I would expect that a Town player feels bad about that. Bookwyrm doesn't.

For completeness sake: I am aware that flubb participated in his lynch and is mostly himself to blame for it. And usually I would also expect scum to feign some remorse. So Bookwyrm's callousness isn't strictly a scum-sign. But it sticks out and it is not a sign of him wanting to win for town. Because if he wanted Town to win, the loss of a PR would bother him.

Also he seems to tunnel quite hard on Pooka. Maybe Books is on to something. And it is indeed interesting that Micro and Pooka were both in the 'Doctor driving group' of three and on the flubb wagon. But maybe Books is just focusing on the easiest target. So I do put Books in the suspicion bin right now. Together with Micro and yes, Pooka.

However, I am also eager for Micro's and Red's thoughts. They haven't showed up today yet.

Meanwhile Micro and Red haven't turned up yet at all.
Gods of GOG, let me post this time. Hello everybody!
agentcarr16: GameRager suddenly explodes, messily. You are all moved to another briefing room to continue your discussion while some cabin boys clean GameRager off the walls.
That's... disgusting. Also, I liked GameRager. Now who's going to roleplay?
trentonlf: Sorry I’ve been slammed at work and this is the first I’ve been on today. I see flub has been lynched, I still think that was a bad lynch. I hope I’m wrong :-/
Trent's unwillingness to lynch Flub feel genuine. I don't think he's faking it. I'll put him on my town list for now.
PookaMustard: ...
I'm not really convinced that Pooka is scum. Time to scour 12 pages of posts to find out who to be suspicious of!
Lifthrasil: However, I am also eager for Micro's and Red's thoughts. They haven't showed up today yet.

Meanwhile Micro and Red haven't turned up yet at all.
So not only did they not show up, they didn't turn up either.

j/k. Seriously, thanks for the response, though as you noted Bookwyrm's action is NAI.

Also, for the record I want to vote Pooka too, but Im not bringing him to L-1 yet. Way too early.