It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This is going in circles and I have to go home soon (something running in the background is near finished), so I'll just add this:

GameRager: 5. I think it'd be nice if the companies gave games out(possibly when they reached a certain age since release) to people who couldn't afford them......but they won't, now will they? And yeah it'd be nice if the gov't did that, but I A: Still think the companies should do it, & B: Think it would sadly never fly with the taxpayer...or at least some of them.
That is soooo American, thinking that it should be up to wealthy benevolent individuals and big corporations to decide what and how they want to support, to polish their public image. That way they end up giving money to charities, or rather lobby groups, like "Guidance against pre-marital sex and contraception" and "Children's Right to Learn about Intelligent Design at Schools"-movements, whatever happen to be the most vocal "charities" at the time.

State, on the other hand, in its eternal wisdom will channel the money to public health care so that the poor deaf & blind cancer kids can get the treatment they need so much. After all, the state are we, the people. Plus, since it comes from taxes, even the filthy rich would finally have to participate, without making a big spectacle of it.
timppu: This is going in circles and I have to go home soon (something running in the background is near finished), so I'll just add this:

That is soooo American, thinking that it should be up to wealthy benevolent individuals and big corporations to decide what and how they want to support, to polish their public image. That way they end up giving money to charities, or rather lobby groups, like "Guidance against pre-marital sex and contraception" and "Children's Right to Learn about Intelligent Design at Schools"-movements, whatever happen to be the most vocal "charities" at the time.

State, on the other hand, in its eternal wisdom will channel the money to public health care so that the poor deaf & blind cancer kids can get the treatment they need so much. After all, the state are we, the people. Plus, since it comes from taxes, even the filthy rich would finally have to participate, without making a big spectacle of it.
Lol, you're not getting me are ya? I think the companies should foot the bill BECAUSE over here they don't do much to help the poorer classes out anyways, and get tons of tax relief and such from the gov't anyways(out of our taxes and such.).

I wouldn't mind the gov't helping people in such a way, but with how hard it is to get such passed on even necessary expenditures like healthcare(due to lobby groups influencing how people think via the media) I wouldn't hold my breath. :\
Post edited April 02, 2012 by GameRager
GameRager: snip
Mate I will tell you one thing. Give up arguing with all the anti-pirate people in the thread. Most of them still pirate stuff,but they are acting like *****(hint it's not a nice word).
With their logic you can't have a PC when you can't afford buying games. I don't use my PC for games only. And yes with low sallaries within a lot of countries around the world. It's trully amazing that GOG releases are that low on pirating.

About the site from OP picture. That site actually do a lot for keeping pretty good collection of old games that could be easily lost in time. And by the way they have a pretty descent rule: No games after 2004. So think about that first when you start pointing fingers at pirates.

I've read in one of the post that pirates aren't fans of the games. Lol mate with your logic I can tell you are a spoiled kid when you buy a game on release date is that making you a bigger fan of the game than the pirates?
People do need to grow up and specially on their thinking. Pirates and normal custommers that can afford games are not enemies (in the Pirates cattegory I put people that can't afford games,not the dumb-asses that pirate just for fun).
I'm not saying it is correct,but when somebody goes in the position the choose food or one of his favourite games you will understand a lot about piracy.
While it is a shame that GOG games are being pirated, you should remember that the numbers are actually very small compared to other media.

It may be a small comfort, but it shows that the GOG formula works, and you shouldn't let a couple of bad apples ruin that.
Spine, I dislike not as much people disliking piracy but rather those who keep lumping those who pirate due to financial reasons in with those who pirate due to being dicks. To me this is like lumping those who kill with those who just beat people up(In terms of severity of crime.).
GameRager: Spine, I dislike not as much people disliking piracy but rather those who keep lumping those who pirate due to financial reasons in with those who pirate due to being dicks. To me this is like lumping those who kill with those who just beat people up(In terms of severity of crime.).
I've posted a screen shot yesterday that makes me smile:
You kill Michael Jackson you get 4 years in prison....You download 50 mp3's you get 5 years. I guess corporations finally won on that part. To be honest I don't care if they think of me as a thief. When I can afford a game I buy it. To be honest the last game I've actually pirated was The Witcher 2 and I loved the game. The moment I can spare the price I will buy it for sure(And yes 40 euro is not much for US/West Europe,but I work 1 week for 40 euro so yes there are things with higher priority than games).
Longcat: Well, I know exactly what site the screenie in the original post is from, so it does exist. It's a members only site, and not very known amongst most people, mostly focusing on old games. Can't say I know of any other sites that does this, but then again, I don't know a lot of underground torrent sites.

Funny thing is, the original poster would have to have an account or know someone who does to make that screenshot in the first place.
Well, I can't tell which site the OP's pic is from, but was thinking the exact same thing the moment he mentioned private tracker and was surprised no one noticed it earlier.

As for how can people own a PC while claiming low income, in addition to what others already said, lets keep in mind that in this time and age, a PC is not just a gaming device, in a lot of professions it's your #1 tool. If you loose your job, it's again your #1 tool to find the next one. So, I don't think it's irrational to try and hold on to it as long as you can.
Same goes for Internet connection.
I've gone the Internet cafe route in the past to cover such needs and I can tell you that if you need to use them on a frequent basis, it doesn't come cheaper than having your own, at least not where I live.
uulav: Your thoughts about this picture?
I wonder how you found that site if you don't pirate...
uulav: Your thoughts about this picture?
Protoss: I wonder how you found that site if you don't pirate...
He owns an account on that site :) He is just a hypocrat :)
spinefarm: He owns an account on that site :) He is just a hypocrat :)
You mean like that guy? Now that explains it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocrates
Protoss: You mean like that guy? Now that explains it.
Nah I mean like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy
Protoss: You mean like that guy? Now that explains it.
spinefarm: Nah I mean like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy
Don't explain the joke. :-(
spinefarm: Nah I mean like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy
Protoss: Don't explain the joke. :-(
I don't believe he will get the joke :D
I have downloaded abandonware and freeware torrents from the site, i would never pirate a game that is still sold on stores or distributed trough dd sites.

What is your problem guy, it's not nice to tell lies about me here?
Post edited April 02, 2012 by uulav
uulav: I have downloaded abandonware and freeware torrents from the site, i would never pirate a game that is still sold on stores or distributed trough dd sites.

What is your problem guy, it's not nice to tell lies about me here?
Umm, downloading "abandonware" is piracy.