It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grats to E_A and his Cutters! :)

Despite losing, this has been quite an enjoyable match for me. I went in with 4 MNG, so I knew it would be tough. I went for a tactic that was even more kamikaze than my usual playing style, hoping to get lucky and knock off the ball, to get me a 2-TD lead that would be difficult to overcome for the Cutters. I actually did manage to sack E_A's ball carrier twice, but wasn't able to benefit from it. The downside of my tactic was, of course, a high risk of losing players, and that happened much quicker than I had hoped for. Thus, for about two thirds of the match, I was badly outnumbered, and was just trying all kinds of crazy things to perhaps get a lucky break. Amazingly, some moves did work against all odds, but not enough to have any noticeable effect on the outcome of the match.

Replay is here.

All in all, I'm quite satisfied with my team's performance this season, an am looking forward for the next one (then with a new team) :)
Post edited November 11, 2014 by Psyringe
I'm stumped.

I was so prepared to go against Psyringe, Calculating, thinking, planning, that I'm actually afraid to go against E_A now.

ugh, hard call to make... hire more elves or stay with 13? hire more or stay?
cheongzewei: I'm stumped.

I was so prepared to go against Psyringe, Calculating, thinking, planning, that I'm actually afraid to go against E_A now.

ugh, hard call to make... hire more elves or stay with 13? hire more or stay?
depends really on TV difference.

Norse like blocking av7 stuff so there is that..but they also break easily. I see chances both ways.
Psyringe: Grats to E_A and his Cutters! :)

Despite losing, this has been quite an enjoyable match for me. I went in with 4 MNG, so I knew it would be tough. I went for a tactic that was even more kamikaze than my usual playing style, hoping to get lucky and knock off the ball, to get me a 2-TD lead that would be difficult to overcome for the Cutters. I actually did manage to sack E_A's ball carrier twice, but wasn't able to benefit from it. The downside of my tactic was, of course, a high risk of losing players, and that happened much quicker than I had hoped for. Thus, for about two thirds of the match, I was badly outnumbered, and was just trying all kinds of crazy things to perhaps get a lucky break. Amazingly, some moves did work against all odds, but not enough to have any noticeable effect on the outcome of the match.
Thanks for the summary and shout-out :-). Not much to add. Things started out badly for me with one tackle guy and my Blitzer getting BHs in the first two turns. Unfortunately for Psyringe his valiant attempts at breaking my cage led to quite a bit of attrition on his part and in the end he lacked the numbers to get through. What really sealed his fate was a Blitz result in his turn 16 which enabled me to knock down his one turn scorer.
Guys -- When will the Finals take place ?
when E_A has spare time... so probably on the weekends, though don't take my word for it just yet. Haven't gotten a reply yet.
I'm happy to announce that Pogopuschel will return for Season 7!

Two spots left for Season 7!
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_bloodbowl_restarting_soon/post5889
Post edited November 14, 2014 by Piranjade
cheongzewei: when E_A has spare time... so probably on the weekends, though don't take my word for it just yet. Haven't gotten a reply yet.
Replied two days ago. So far no answer.
Post edited November 14, 2014 by E_A
Piranjade: I'm happy to announce that Pogopuschel will return for Season 7!

Two spots left for Season 7!
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_bloodbowl_restarting_soon/post5889
yay
Who won the Halfling Cas lotto?
Post edited November 15, 2014 by Necross
cheongzewei: when E_A has spare time... so probably on the weekends, though don't take my word for it just yet. Haven't gotten a reply yet.
E_A: Replied two days ago. So far no answer.
ah my bad, didn't notice, was busy.

That said! Sunday! confirm! Discussing time now.
What is your best lucky brake that made you fell the most guilty afterward? I ask this as i had a match with an orc team yesterday were I was almost in the end zone to tie the game on turn 15 but just can't make it this turn and the only threat to the ball carrier is a lv 7 thrower with plus 2 ag, plus 1 st, on a get up blitz. I could only cover him with a single lv 1 line man on a gfi or gfi and a no assist foul, and knew that his ag would render covering moot; so did the gfi and fouled. It it resulted in a kill when i was only hoping for a stun.

Needless to say my opponent was pissed and did a turn 16 foul on the kick off (apatho saved that guy from death to a bh) and would wreck his team for the next few games as his highest level player after that kill was a lv 3 black orc.

I fell guilty as i know how much time and work goes into getting a max lv player and while i'll try injuring them sure killing them kind of makes me feel guilty especially if it completely wrecks the team.
Necross: I fell guilty as i know how much time and work goes into getting a max lv player and while i'll try injuring them sure killing them kind of makes me feel guilty especially if it completely wrecks the team.
While its nice to have manners in the game, overall i dont feel guilty about bashing or fouling those high level players - its they who are the biggest threat to me. if the opponent doesnt want to get his/her players hurt, then maybe keeping them off the pitch or in their own end is the best choice -__-

but seriously, if you for example do risky leap with your precious lvl10 av5 player in the middle of say cheongs players - you god damn well better know youre more than likely to get gang fouled and its because of your own decision. You cant leave juicy players in positions where they can get fouled or pushed off the pitch easily and expect that its not attempted.

its hard game with death and perma injury, if dont want to get hurt, keep a half fields distance from opponent at all the times :)

or play flings, they are cheap!

edit:

there have been several matches ive lost over the seasons, because i played unnecessarily soft: leave key player in standing, dont block when good chance etc -> and then later precisely that player either ties or wins the match for my opponent.

I think the most ive felt bad about is when its nuffle that gives opponent just bucketfuls of 1's. Its painful to watch when several of your opponents turns last no longer than 5 seconds.

edit2: if someone had 11 players on the field, was one square away from scoring and just stood there while bashed my 5 or so players at the other end of the pitch and the match was already like 3-1 for him, id probably be somewhat annoyed.

i see multiple shades of gameplay between playing hard and outright spp-grind-massacring the opponent.
Post edited November 15, 2014 by iippo
Necross: If someone had 11 players on the field, was one square away from scoring and just stood there while bashed my 5 or so players at the other end of the pitch and the match was already like 3-1 for him, id probably be somewhat annoyed.

i see multiple shades of gameplay between playing hard and outright spp-grind-massacring the opponent.
I can understand this I've played a Dwarf team that got luckly on a blitz kick-off event and armor rolls and he had his runners playing catch on the one yard line for a few turns
I kind of wish there was a star player banking system. If you got a player to "Star" level or higher you can have him go "freelance" and he is taken from your roster and added to your star player inducement list for the price equal to their TV added (200 TV player would cost 200k and only work for the race of the team they came from) and if ANY star player is killed they are removed from this list. Defalt Stars like Morg n Thorg would return to the star player list when the season resets (or the coach hits the reset coach button deleting all teams, resets rank, but restores everything to defalt) but dead stars you created are lost permanently.