It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just played against Chaos_panda, started out like a brawl only match, but after an unsuccessful try to break out with the ball carrier it all just went downhill ending in a 0-2 loss.

The whole game was an exercise in frustration with most dice rolls giving "both down" versus a team that all has Block, never having the target down result. Any dodge attempt failed miserably.
On the other hand my opponent picked up the ball, passed it and put 3 guys in a hospital without much problem.

By the end I've just given up because there's no point in such a game where you just can't do anything.
I conceded. I lost seven fucking players in three turns. That's even too much for me.
Sorry to hear, but glad I'm not the only one losing it after a terrible match.
This was just too extreme. The first action I had to use dice for was a blitz = a two die block. I got two red skulls. I re-rolled. I got two red skulls again. My player went down, badly hurt.
And then, like I said, six more of my players left the field until turn three. What to do then? Watch a dwarf team stall for five more fucking rounds while they beat the rest of my team up?
No thanks. Not even with me.
Damn... what a match.

At first I was a bit afraid of all that claw stuff not to mansion that skilled chaos warriors. Lucky me the Minotaur was MNG this time around.

1st half I had to kick. I guess I played a pretty stable game most of the part. Looks like, Guard is starting to kick in here and there. Mid-half Dodo managed to kill mighty Haegr. But thanks to the Apo he still walks among his team mates.

Dodo had a good cage. Then he tried to break my cage around his one. Sadly his Beastman couldn't dodge the tacklezone of Tarik.

At this point I did something out of nowhere. I was just thinking "man, you have to do something to prevent that TD." And so my team just blew me away. Tarik (Thrower) jumped out of his own Tacklezone, picked that ball up (something he couldn't do in a lot of the other games). But that is not all. I mean, he was just like a f***ing elf. He threw the ball across the pitch against a 5+. My Catcher Hastur just happened to be an elf in that moment as well and catched that ball.

That was incredible... In the end I made my first TD at the 8th turn.

2nd half I got the ball. Again I managed to protect that egg ... until turn 11/12. With misspositioning I lost the ball. Lucky me, the Beastmen were bad in catching the lose ball. With some nice Blocks I freed a Blitzer and made my 2nd TD.

All in all I think I played well regarding my own abilities without fouling or stalling (;)). This game saw lots of blood as well as injuries.

Dodo was quite unlucky with the dice this time around. But I have to say, I got a lot Red Skulls myself.

At the end Björn got +1 Agi, Saul now has Block as well and i bought another RR. Mighty Haegr still has just 15 SPP. I guess I have to wait another 8 games until he get his next lvl up moment.

on Dodos side: 2 MNG.

Next time I have to face again a chaos team with a scary big guy in form of that st5 chaos warrior.
Post edited September 05, 2013 by chaos_panda
Piranjade: This was just too extreme. The first action I had to use dice for was a blitz = a two die block. I got two red skulls. I re-rolled. I got two red skulls again. My player went down, badly hurt.
And then, like I said, six more of my players left the field until turn three. What to do then? Watch a dwarf team stall for five more fucking rounds while they beat the rest of my team up?
When Nuffle doth test thine faith, thou hast not to retreat for thou must first endure the curse of the 1s only to bask anew in the glory of the 6.
Piranjade: This was just too extreme. The first action I had to use dice for was a blitz = a two die block. I got two red skulls. I re-rolled. I got two red skulls again. My player went down, badly hurt.
WBGhiro: When Nuffle doth test thine faith, thou hast not to retreat for thou must first endure the curse of the 1s only to bask anew in the glory of the 6.
*bad word*
Piranjade: What to do then? Watch a dwarf team stall for five more fucking rounds while they beat the rest of my team up?
"Having the courage to say no" is something not everyone can.

---

the missing replay: http://wikisend.com/download/418848/weekly_s2_d1_r11_DodoGeo-ChaosPanda.db
Post edited September 05, 2013 by chaos_panda
"Thou shalt not bloat the yer opponents opponents."

C'mon few badly hurts or KO's never stopped anyone - youve already bounced back from worse before by yourself.

Anyways, if youre considering mothballing the team later anyways, isnt it only fair to let them have chance to die on the pitch and go like glorious meteorite that killed the dinosaurs (!) or something?

cheer up, its not serious even if i say so ;)
iippo: "Thou shalt not bloat the yer opponents opponents."

C'mon few badly hurts or KO's never stopped anyone - youve already bounced back from worse before by yourself.

Anyways, if youre considering mothballing the team later anyways, isnt it only fair to let them have chance to die on the pitch and go like glorious meteorite that killed the dinosaurs (!) or something?

cheer up, its not serious even if i say so ;)
iipp0, I've played through a bunch of bad games. To the bitter end. You know that. This was just too much for me. Seven players out by turn 3.
And I've seen my players die on the pitch. A lot. I can live with that. But I want to play. And I cannot play when I'm down that many players so early and would have to wait out the stalling.
You got very unlucky!
What you could have done was what one of my opponents, did in a similar situation. Stay down. I don't like to foul so you'd be safe on the ground. Since I play dwarfs I would have scored only on the last turn. With only one injury and the rest of your team just KO and with plenty players in the reserve box you would have definitely had a full team in the second half with me just 1 TD up.

I'm not saying you could have definitely turned the match around but you had a small chance. At least you would have taken home some gold and 1 MVP out of the match.

Anyway, I understand it was frustrating.

Here's the short replay:
http://wikisend.com/download/334310/Weekly_S2_D2_R11_Misfits-Aningan.db
Aningan: You got very unlucky!
What you could have done was what one of my opponents, did in a similar situation. Stay down. I don't like to foul so you'd be safe on the ground. Since I play dwarfs I would have scored only on the last turn. With only one injury and the rest of your team just KO and with plenty players in the reserve box you would have definitely had a full team in the second half with me just 1 TD up.

I'm not saying you could have definitely turned the match around but you had a small chance. At least you would have taken home some gold and 1 MVP out of the match.

Most of the 4 players I had left on the field were boxed in. There was no running away. I will not wait out your stalling (5 turns left!) in such a moment. If I would have thought that you would go for a quick TD I might have decided differently. I don't mind loosing, I can live with my players dying, but I really dislike stalling.
Post edited September 05, 2013 by Piranjade
Aningan: You got very unlucky!

Piranjade: Most of the 5 players I had left on the field were boxed in. There was no running away. I will not wait out your stalling (5 turns left!) in such a moment. If I would have thought that you would go for a quick TD I might have decided differently. I don't mind loosing, I can live with my players dying, but I really dislike stalling.
Fair enough. I would have been pissed also to be in your position tbh. I just try to get something out of a loss if possible. It's why I suggested going for the MVP and gold. But if you don't plan on using this team in the next season then yeah, saving yourself the additional annoyance seems like a good choice.

It's why I'd like to play a dodgy team but I'm too scared and prefer to go with bashy teams in the end
7 players out means 4 players left on the field. I cannot even subtract properly right now.
Ogre - Vamp starting in few mins.