It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

---

20 votes so far

If you havent voted yet -> Clickety-click
MafiaK1: im testing atm some agi teams so if u wanna play sometimes against elfs add me in steam
JudasIscariot: Yeah gimme a few to simmer down from dice rage as I tried the Norse against sewer rats and had dudes getting knocked out, one died, and my Frenzies rolled mostly skulls....

Anyways, I just played an informal game against Zeta's Skavens and it was a right bloody mess with the Norsemen getting thrown about like rag dolls. I think my problem was that I had no big guy so theirs was able to roflstomp my Norse without a hitch. Add to the high MA that the Skavens have and I couldn't even score as they'd always catch up with me ....

While the Norse may have all those nice skills at the beginning they got slaughtered more than my Chaos team did. I don't know what to do now: either try the Norse of just go with my Chaos team with a Chaos warrior that finally has Block...
in short -> 2 dice, block always with 2 dice. Especially with ulfwerners until you get them block.

The yehetee is very good - but not totally must at lvl1. its also only AV8, so you need to make sure he doesnt get left too alone with the opponents.

for starting roster: [url=http://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6NorseSetUp]http://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6NorseSetUp[/url]

Variation 5 is pretty solid for newbie. first thing to buy would be runners in my opinion.
Rodzaju: Still remember our season 1 opening game?
Piranjade: Yep. Two of my players died (a blitzrat and a thrower if I remember correctly), 4 others got injured. I lost 0-3.
And I was disappointed that you ended up in a different division in season 2 because I wanted to play against you again.
Should we arrange some kind of short Grudge Cup at some point? :D
Post edited September 05, 2013 by iippo
MafiaK1: im testing atm some agi teams so if u wanna play sometimes against elfs add me in steam
JudasIscariot: Yeah gimme a few to simmer down from dice rage as I tried the Norse against sewer rats and had dudes getting knocked out, one died, and my Frenzies rolled mostly skulls....

Anyways, I just played an informal game against Zeta's Skavens and it was a right bloody mess with the Norsemen getting thrown about like rag dolls. I think my problem was that I had no big guy so theirs was able to roflstomp my Norse without a hitch. Add to the high MA that the Skavens have and I couldn't even score as they'd always catch up with me ....

While the Norse may have all those nice skills at the beginning they got slaughtered more than my Chaos team did. I don't know what to do now: either try the Norse of just go with my Chaos team with a Chaos warrior that finally has Block...
Norse are like a missile. They all have frenzy, so once you go after someone, you better make sure you take them down. And their AV is such, that you may only get one shot at it.

Personally, and I know some people will hate me for suggesting this, but if you want a good easy to learn Bashy team, play as Dwarf. Just straight up regular Dwarf. On offense, form a cage (aka surround the ball carrier) and kill/crush everyone in your path. On defense, form up protective lines and wear them out. Get Tackle on all of them, and no team is safe no matter their skills. Dwarf I'd say is the easiest team to learn, provided their slow speed doesn't bug you.

Hawk52: Norse are like a missile. They all have frenzy, so once you go after someone, you better make sure you take them down. And their AV is such, that you may only get one shot at it.

Personally, and I know some people will hate me for suggesting this, but if you want a good easy to learn Bashy team, play as Dwarf. Just straight up regular Dwarf. On offense, form a cage (aka surround the ball carrier) and kill/crush everyone in your path. On defense, form up protective lines and wear them out. Get Tackle on all of them, and no team is safe no matter their skills. Dwarf I'd say is the easiest team to learn, provided their slow speed doesn't bug you.
Any difference between the regular Dwarves and the Chaos ones?

I wanted to have some fun mutations but not if I am going to constantly lose due to being bashed around :/
JudasIscariot: Any difference between the regular Dwarves and the Chaos ones?

I wanted to have some fun mutations but not if I am going to constantly lose due to being bashed around :/
Chaos dwarves only get 6 actual dwarves (all blockers).
The rest of the team is Bull centaurs (St 4, but no block)
Minotaur
Hobgobs (cheap crap, but AG3...)
Hawk52: Norse are like a missile. They all have frenzy, so once you go after someone, you better make sure you take them down. And their AV is such, that you may only get one shot at it.

JudasIscariot: Any difference between the regular Dwarves and the Chaos ones?

Chaos Dwarf has the almighty Bull Centaurs, Hobogoblins and a Minotaur. I played one in season one.

At the start, at TV 1000 (assuming everyone else is around the same), they are godly. Bull Centaurs are among the very best players in all of the game. You're very versatile in that you can do a whole lot of different things. I, personally, ran into the trap of leaning on my BC's too much. Once everyone figured out that they had to take them out every game, I ran into a lot of problems. But supposing you don't do what I did, you can build a really scary group of people.

Dwarves on the other hand have one game, but they are among the best at it. Bash everyone to death, rely on being able to take insane punishment, and then use your runner to run the ball in. Your entire goal is to maim the opponent, keep the score low, and run the clock down. Not the most exciting style, but highly effective.
Hawk52: They all have frenzy, so once you go after someone, you better make sure you take them down.
....that would be khorne demons ;)

norse = 5 players with frenzy.

vs

khorne demons = max 4 players with NO frenzy.
Btw, question about the Open Access league: I have a couple of teams in another league, Is it technically possible to transfer those to the GoG Open Access league, and would I be able to transfer them back to other leagues should I so desire and the league admins agree? (I know that there are no objections from you, I'm asking about potential technical issues).
Hawk52: They all have frenzy, so once you go after someone, you better make sure you take them down.
iippo: ....that would be khorne demons ;)

norse = 5 players with frenzy.

vs

khorne demons = max 4 players with NO frenzy.
Semantics!
21 votes so far

Who feels stab at their heart?
Psyringe: Btw, question about the Open Access league: I have a couple of teams in another league, Is it technically possible to transfer those to the GoG Open Access league, and would I be able to transfer them back to other leagues should I so desire and the league admins agree? (I know that there are no objections from you, I'm asking about potential technical issues).
I run the open league & have no problems with this.
Just bear in mind that the other league it came from might not let them back in....
Hanno and I are playing our game on Sunday at 8pm, GMT+2, 11am Pacific.

Here's to hoping our playoff dreams don't get crushed here under the wheel of that damn Deathroller...
The match between Judas-Iscariot and I ended in a 2-0 victory for me.

This is basically the first game I felt luckier than my opponent, who had some bad luck with blocks, partly because he kept trying to take down my blitzers (2 of which have block + dodge) with unskilled beastmen.
OTOH, despite taking down lots of his beastmen, I only injured one, while I suffered 3 injuries including a -1 MA on my best blitzer after the apo tried to save him from a -1 Agi.
Those guys are really cursed, despite being the sturdiest of my players in theory, they've actually suffered the most injuries, far more than my 2 AV 7 positionals.

Anyway, I'm still pretty happy about finally ending my 8-loss streak.
Here's the replay for anyone interested.
me and Psyringe are going to play right now
Playing a test game with Mafia. Him as Skaven & Me as Gobos if anyone wants to watch.
Natural Disaster managed to beat the Wheredemons 3-0.

The most remarkable aspect of the game was that the referee was actually doing his job. Three players were ejected for fouling even though not a single fouling attempt ever succeeded in the entire match.

Also, line-elf Kid Rock was, sadly, killed. I called on my apothecary, who approached the crumpled heap of flesh and bones and immediately saw the problem. He arranged them in a much more aesthetically pleasing way and then left, player still dead.

He came back as a zombie, played for a while, but the public didn't seem to like his new form and threw rocks at him. Or perhaps they just thought they'd do it for poetic justice, after all his name is kind of calling for them.

Replay will follow soon. :)

Edit: Replay uploaded here.
Post edited September 06, 2013 by Psyringe