It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

THe match between me and Dodogeo ended with the skavens abandoning the pitch on the 5th turn.
I was getting massacred and already spent the two uses of the apothecary by then, so, seeing as I can't make it to the playoffs anyways, I opted for preserving my star gutter runners...
Yeah, I'm a coward, what you expected of a bunch of rats? :P
I'm seriously thinking of abandoning the finesse game and get into the hitting thing...I'll take a look at those bashy, sturdier teams
Post edited September 23, 2013 by mefet
Now this was a very bloody match with five or six players out on the skaven team via injuries or KOs. I'm really proud how the season score ended in 6-0-7 after a catastrophic start 0-0-5. The real turnaround came when the Warriors got tackle, so that the dodge teams couldn't avoid punches anymore.

At a value of 1700 points the team really started working as intended in the first season, ie wild, bloodthirsty killers and that's the main reason for sticking with the team next season hoping they can shine from the start.

Only thing left is to finally give somebody a ball handling skill :)

http://wikisend.com/download/182316/Weekly_S2_R13_D1_DodoGeo-Mefet.db
Post edited September 23, 2013 by DodoGeo
cheongzewei: So who's the last 4 teams? :D
So last but not least is the game between the Wheredemons and the Nurgle Lymphocytes. Is it already scheduled?

I can't wait to see how the playoff works and who will play who (or is it who plays whoM ?)
Post edited September 24, 2013 by HannoB
The only upside of my terrible match from last evening with iippo is that one of my Runners and one of my Blitzers got to level 3 and both rolled doubles! Yey! :D

I'm thinking Dodge (or maybe Side Step) on my Runner and Diving Tackle on my Blitzer. Should be easier to tie down those pesky dodgy players.
So my thoughts on the yesterdays dwarf vs vamps match

Mostly very "dwarf-cagey" -match, but ended up pretty lucky for me.

First half i got to receive and rushed myself - overextending my position and then stupidly tried to pick up the ball beside sideline. Well, few vamps got bashed there and the rest got outrun(!) by dwarfs. The lone vamp that could have catched up failed his dodges like two or even three rounds straight.

All in all, despite somewhat promising start - the first half ended up the perfect 8turn 1-0 dwarf grind.

Second half didnt start too well for me, Aningan did super solid dwarf cage i had no business breaking, hypno or not. getting through all that block and guard just aint easy. Anyhow - somehow i managed to squeeze the cage enough to make Aningan half-break the cage and run for TD..which somehow i managed to foil by blitzing the ball carrier. Ball went over sidelines and bounced back waaay behind most of the dwarfs. Two vampsters were close by to pick up the ball and run TD. Didnt even roll BL, rare. So 1-1.

My 2-1 TD was done on turn 16, result of the ball being kicked well behind and me getting chance to intercept the runners. I think Aningan may have been out of rerolls and throw red skulls on LoS or something. Anyhow, once again - the 2-1 was pure nuffle. On his last turn Aningans ball carrier tried to blitz himself free i think, but got skulls for his trouble, leaving the ball at the mercy of my vampster and thrall.

Got one more pro-vamp now and dwaf-wannabe thrall with mv 4...dunno why he didnt try to emulate the bashy part of dwarfs :S

Oh and the second vampire mvp during all these 13 matches! :D
Post edited September 23, 2013 by iippo
Can someone poke Pogo or Mortr3k? They have the last match and I've heard nothing from either side
iippo: So my thoughts on the yesterdays dwarf vs vamps match

Mostly very "dwarf-cagey" -match, but ended up pretty lucky for me.

First half i got to receive and rushed myself - overextending my position and then stupidly tried to pick up the ball beside sideline. Well, few vamps got bashed there and the rest got outrun(!) by dwarfs. The lone vamp that could have catched up failed his dodges like two or even three rounds straight.

All in all, despite somewhat promising start - the first half ended up the perfect 8turn 1-0 dwarf grind.

Second half didnt start too well for me, Aningan did super solid dwarf cage i had no business breaking, hypno or not. getting through all that block and guard just aint easy. Anyhow - somehow i managed to squeeze the cage enough to make Aningan half-break the cage and run for TD..which somehow i managed to foil by blitzing the ball carrier. Ball went over sidelines and bounced back waaay behind most of the dwarfs. Two vampsters were close by to pick up the ball and run TD. Didnt even roll BL, rare. So 1-1.

My 2-1 TD was done on turn 16, result of the ball being kicked well behind and me getting chance to intercept the runners. I think Aningan may have been out of rerolls and throw red skulls on LoS or something. Anyhow, once again - the 2-1 was pure nuffle. On his last turn Aningans ball carrier tried to blitz himself free i think, but got skulls for his trouble, leaving the ball at the mercy of my vampster and thrall.

Got one more pro-vamp now and dwaf-wannabe thrall with mv 4...dunno why he didnt try to emulate the bashy part of dwarfs :S

Oh and the second vampire mvp during all these 13 matches! :D
The problem was I tried to play a more involved game and I broke the cage. I could have just grinded your team slowly and defended my advantage. Playing dwarfs in non-dwarf way is stupid. That will teach me.

And at the end... yeah, I ran out of re-rolls. You should have heard me cursing when I got that damn skull on the last turn trying to blitz away... I was actually considering getting Leader on one of my current level-ups but then I though I'll just buy another re-roll, got plenty of cash anyway.
I'm trying to contact Pogo.so far nothing
rcthedigitalhero: Can someone poke Pogo or Mortr3k? They have the last match and I've heard nothing from either side
l0rdtr3k: I'm trying to contact Pogo.so far nothing
rcthedigitalhero: Can someone poke Pogo or Mortr3k? They have the last match and I've heard nothing from either side
l0rdtr3k:
She is still quite occupied with studies. I will see her on Friday personally. But I will try to get a message to her as soon as possible. :)
Post edited September 24, 2013 by chaos_panda
already sent her a PM.
chaos_panda: She is still quite occupied with studies. I will see her on Friday personally. But I will try to get a message to her as soon as possible. :)
chaos_panda: She is still quite occupied with studies. I will see her on Friday personally. But I will try to get a message to her as soon as possible. :)
The match day ends in one hour if I'm not mistaken.
l0rdtr3k: already sent her a PM.
l0rdtr3k, was there any additional effort made to contact Pogopuschel before this match day ended, outside of the messages sent today?
Psyringe: Blah Blah Blah Prize Stuff Blah Blah Blah
So I am going through all of my unclaimed stuff from my bundle buying over the year. I'll be donating the following:

Cave Story + (Steam Key)
The Basement Collection (Steam Key)
Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC (Steam Key)
Gratuitous Space Battles (Steam Key)
Dead Space (Steam Key)

and possibly more if I find more.
rcthedigitalhero: (snip)
Yay! Thanks - much appreciated! :)

If anyone else wants to donate something, now would be a very good time to say so. :)
Now... WE ENTER THE PLAYOFFS!

Also, until further notified, please don't play your game until the "Holy Trinity" get a chance to meet. We have a few technical difficulties to sort out before I can list the teams that are playing.

Edit: Remember, these are the first playoffs of the league, so it is expected for there to be a hiccup or two before things run smoothly :P
Post edited September 24, 2013 by rcthedigitalhero