It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Aningan: Regardless, all this trouble would have been avoided if the rules would not have changed on the go.
I see your point, but I also think that the milk has been spilled already, we can't put it back in the bucket at this stage. ;)

I understand why the rules were adjusted when Michal announced his vacation. Having a certain no-show in the playoffs is not ideal for the other teams (since the team that gets a bye will get a definite advantage - no injuries, two MVPs), and it looked like it would be easily possible to add another team instead, so why not do it?

I'd also say if we can get a fellow player into the playoffs, it's worth the hassle of creating a new league. It's definitely an inconvenience, but I'd to that for a fellow player. Of course, this is admittedly easy for me to say since I don't have any hassle myself ... so that's just my own completely irrelevant 2 cents. ;)
Uhm... Yes, I have to admit that I see the play-offs as something special. We didn't have them in season 1 and it was something that players wanted to see added. I also had the feeling that some players really wanted to make it to the play-offs and were happy and proud to have reached them

So far the hassle wasn't really that big.

And I also have to admit that I didn't see this under "changing the rules" but was more focussed on having "real" play-offs, with players playing in them.
But I hear you and will think about that perspective.
I would also be happy to hear more feedback from the rest of the league.
I see Playoffs as something important. I've been pretty vocal about that from the start. And that's coming from someone who barely broke even in S1 and went 1-12-1 or whatever in S2. We're playing for fun, but there is a competitive aspect to it. *I* want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

If teams can be freely moved between leagues and keep their TV's with no issues, then I say we just make a separate Playoff league and keep it to avoid this problem in the future. Have the main league season end with most points, then the top eight move over to the Playoff, then after that's resolved, move back to the regular league for S3.

Unless there's a reason that can't be done.
Psyringe: I understand why the rules were adjusted when Michal announced his vacation. Having a certain no-show in the playoffs is not ideal for the other teams (since the team that gets a bye will get a definite advantage - no injuries, two MVPs), and it looked like it would be easily possible to add another team instead, so why not do it?
Well it wasn't easy :))
But yeah, hindsight is always 20/20 and a bastard.

Oh, and I disagree about the advantage. At least from my dwarven perspective. AV9 and Thick Skull make injuries not an issue and +1 MVP... that's just an extra 5 points. 1 TD and 1 injury and you got that. Normally the other team would have to dominate you completely to not get at least those 5 points.
Psyringe: I understand why the rules were adjusted when Michal announced his vacation. Having a certain no-show in the playoffs is not ideal for the other teams (since the team that gets a bye will get a definite advantage - no injuries, two MVPs), and it looked like it would be easily possible to add another team instead, so why not do it?
Aningan: Well it wasn't easy :))
But yeah, hindsight is always 20/20 and a bastard.

Oh, and I disagree about the advantage. At least from my dwarven perspective. AV9 and Thick Skull make injuries not an issue and +1 MVP... that's just an extra 5 points. 1 TD and 1 injury and you got that. Normally the other team would have to dominate you completely to not get at least those 5 points.
It also asigns you a 2-0. Unless is modified, you get those 6 spp also, at least when your opponent concedes/disconects in the general leagues it happened to me.
Well this sucks. Apparently we did exactly the wrong thing. The seeding manager would have allowed michals team to be swapped for non-qualified team without kicking him out.

If there isnt some magic way off adding the eight team in there (non-michal that is), there isnt really any possibility to end the season before its due time either. short of deleting the whole league that is.

This is 100% my mistake, i should have properly asked around about the seeding manager before hand.

----------

Do we have the proper playoff order somewhere or do i need to randomize it?
Post edited September 25, 2013 by iippo
cheongzewei: vamp div 2 vs elves div 1
norse div 1 vs cdwarves div 1
dwarves div 2 vs lizards div 1
humans ( or dark elves) div 2 vs dwarves div 2
is this the original order or did Piran change it already?
I dunno what the game spit out for Playoff structure, but why not do the following?

D1 #1 Cheong vs. D2 #4 EA
D1 #2 Morb vs. D2 #3 Aningan
D1 #3 DC vs. D2 #2 Iippo
D1 #4 Arnob vs. D2 #1 Stampede
I need someone, who is not in the league to submit a team.

Found someone already, now need second one.
We have eight teams now in playoffs

(the trick was to put in filler teams for both rod and michal)

Now just what was the original pairing?
Post edited September 25, 2013 by iippo
Because No, i don't wish to fight against da lizards...

Should be correct. I could be mistaken. But i remember sighing at the human/ d.elf opponents. If the finals could be elf vs elf.. haha.

Anti-Anemia Alliance - iipp0 VS Get Hurt Kickers - cheongzewei

The Anvil of Ice - Arnob vs Greedy Grinders - Morb

Red lantern - Aningan vs Raging Pink Lizards - DCDigitalHero

Nagarythe Decadence - Ebenezer-Arvigenius vs Hamburg Hammerfists - StampedeHH
cheongzewei: Because No, i don't wish to fight against da lizards...

Should be correct. I could be mistaken. But i remember sighing at the human/ d.elf opponents. If the finals could be elf vs elf.. haha.

Anti-Anemia Alliance - iipp0 VS Get Hurt Kickers - cheongzewei

The Anvil of Ice - Arnob vs Greedy Grinders - Morb

Red lantern - Aningan vs Raging Pink Lizards - DCDigitalHero

Nagarythe Decadence - Ebenezer-Arvigenius vs Hamburg Hammerfists - StampedeHH
Are you sure? Really sure? Not a Bit of a doubt? ....damn it, Not e_a again.....
iippo: We have eight teams now in playoffs

(the trick was to put in filler teams for both rod and michal)

Now just what was the original pairing?
If we do cross-division matches, with D1 #1 vs. D2 #4, D1 #2 vs. D2 #3 and so on down the line, here are your matchups:

Hamburg Hammerfists vs. The Anvil of Ice
Anti-Anemia Alliance vs. Raging Pink Lizards
Red Lantern vs. Greedy Grinders
Nagarythe Decadence vs. Get Hurt Kickers

But if we do straight 1v4 and 2v3 matchups in the division, these are the matchups:

Hamburg Hammerfists vs. Nagarythe Decadence
Anti-Anemia Alliance vs. Red Lantern
Get Hurt Kickers vs. The Anvil of Ice
Greedy Grinders vs. Raging Pink Lizards

But, if you do what the game originally assigned...taking Michal's drop into consideration:

Hamburg Hammerfists vs. Get Hurt Kickers
Anti-Anemia Alliance vs. Greedy Grinders
Red Lantern vs. Raging Pink Lizards
Nagarythe Decadence vs. The Anvil of Ice
Post edited September 25, 2013 by Zeta
yesterday it was
#1 vs #1
#2 vs #2

and so on
but what hawk wrote looks better ^^
Post edited September 25, 2013 by MafiaK1
MafiaK1: yesterday it was
#1 vs #1
#2 vs #2

and so on
but what hawk wrote looks better ^^
I dunno how the thing works at all within the game. I'm just using what I'd consider common sense.

Higher ranked teams should get lower seeded matches in the playoffs. That's just how it goes.

If you can't do cross divisional, then just do #1 vs #4 in each division. Doesn't make it as fun, but if we don't have a choice in the matter.