It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Screams of Frog tied 1-1 with Talking Dead.

Replay - Weekly_S2_D2_R11_Viteklis-Quälix

Very upset about this game.
I got 2 injuries on Saurus on 1st turn of match. First (Smashed leg I think) I healed, the other was Smashed Knee (+1 injury rolls).
It was herald of rest of match. Quälix did his best to injure my players and he cared for it more than for game.
I managed to score in first, but it ended with another lasting Saurus injury on my part (-1 MA).
In second it was mostly the same, with Quälix caring mostly about injuring my players and I had chance to score another one, but my skink failed dodge roll.
Quälix got to ball with his werewolf and stalled next to TD line for since turn 13 while elsewhere he continued to bash and foul my players.
At that part I only hoped that will at least manage to kill someone but I didn't have much left to do it and it didn't happen. He had 2 injuries whole match (2 regenerated), 1 or 2 KO and maybe 3 stuns.
I had chance to blitz the werewolf with 2 skinks on T15, but the little idiot failed his GFI and knocked himself out. The other one was promptly injured.
With 4 players on pitch (2 of them lying and not getting up for their safety), there was nothing left to do and he scored on T16.

At least MVP went to Kroxy, everything else was total disaster.
Post edited September 07, 2013 by Vitek
Vitek: At least MVP went to Kroxy, everything else was total disaster.
It happens eventually to everyone, no worries - later the victory will taste all that much sweeter.
Vitek: At least MVP went to Kroxy, everything else was total disaster.
iippo: It happens eventually to everyone, no worries - later the victory will taste all that much sweeter.
Agreed. At least you tied on your off game :P
iippo: It happens eventually to everyone, no worries - later the victory will taste all that much sweeter.
rcthedigitalhero: Agreed. At least you tied on your off game :P
talking about mvps: 11 matches, 1 vamp mvp. around 5 loner mvps.

got lucky with the riot and stuff in our game despite having less players, even if it doesnt seem likely - eventually nuffle does everything both ways (except vamp mvps, those dont exit).
Good... I guess. :-)

Yeah the next victory will sure be sweet. I spent all my money before this match and I lost 2 Saurus for next match against Ogres.
It will be interesting to play with 6 skinks, 3 of them mercs, on field. It will be walk in park.
Well I can still set my recrd straight in last match against fluffy birds, right? They are pushovers. :-)

Also, one of my Saurus now have two +1 on injury rolls injuries.

I am quite amazed by one of my players. All my players I bought at the start of season and are still alive are at least level 2, some of them level 3 but I have that one Saurus who so far managed to earn exactly 0 SPP and only notable thing he achieved so far is his -1AV injury. It's quite amazing accomplishment if you think about it. :-)
Vitek: Also, one of my Saurus now have two +1 on injury rolls injuries.
Ouch. :(

I swear I didn't ask for it, but it's almost as if fate wanted to pay your team back for the maiming of my woodies. (I would have preferred both our teams to stay free of injuries though ...)

Vitek: I am quite amazed by one of my players. All my players I bought at the start of season and are still alive are at least level 2, some of them level 3 but I have that one Saurus who so far managed to earn exactly 0 SPP and only notable thing he achieved so far is his -1AV injury. It's quite amazing accomplishment if you think about it. :-)
I have basically the same thing in my team. Gunter Grass - 9 matches, zero skill points, all he ever accomplished is getting his hip smashed. That, and one wonderful blitz-pickup-dodge-handover move in one match, but none of that gave skill points.
Twister BE and me will be playing in about 5 minutes if somebody is interested.
Post edited September 07, 2013 by E_A
Just played my match against Moggrym. Was a fun match to play. First half i received the ball, but i did not pay attention so i had my men put up in a defensive position. Fortunately the kick was out of bounds and i was able to recover from that blunder :). Moggrym did a really good job in delaying me and was able to stop me from scoring during the first half.

Second half Moggrym had finally some bad luck with the dices and i was able to put some pressure on his ball carrier, unfortunately he was able to slip away from me and score. Knowing that i did not have much time to recover i decided to risk it all and almost lost the match there when i blocked with my Yhetee and he double skulled (or both down) and i had to use my last reroll on him. Miraculously it worked, then with a lot of hand offs and trying to block with my two players without block i managed to score in the very last turn.

So the endscore was 1-1.
For the replay check here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/du0tyf46r91ofz5/Weekly_S2_D1_R11_Moggrym-Arnob8911.db

I still got a shot at the play-offs, I'm just one point away from Morb, the number 4 in the rankings. Hope i can win the next matches to have a chance on reaching the finals :).
arnob8911: Just played my match against Moggrym. Was a fun match to play.
I spectated this match (spotted it in the list of active matches just as I wanted to close the game ;) ). Very intense match! I always thought that you would pull through due to the slight numerical advantage, but it never seemed to actually happen. Then, just when I thought that Moggrym would win the game after a brilliant pass&run play, you came back from nowhere. (Not sure why Roc was left unmarked in the last turn though, but I was too captivated to really strategize, so I may have missed something.)
Psyringe: I spectated this match (spotted it in the list of active matches just as I wanted to close the game ;) ). Very intense match! I always thought that you would pull through due to the slight numerical advantage, but it never seemed to actually happen. Then, just when I thought that Moggrym would win the game after a brilliant pass&run play, you came back from nowhere. (Not sure why Roc was left unmarked in the last turn though, but I was too captivated to really strategize, so I may have missed something.)
i dont think i had a big numerical advantage, first half my yhetee lying down for about half the drive, and i believe i lost about 3 or 4 players due to ko's and injuries. Second half i had i think a better shot, when i was only one guy short when i started my drive at the end. But Moggrym had about 3 replacements so even though i injured quite a few of his players and even ko'd some he could get enough in the field to make it difficult.

tbh i'm not sure which one of the beserkers i used to score with and which one i used to pass the ball. The one who scored was at least marked at the start and i had to knock away all the others around him, while the other one was quite far at the back and i guess he was not that much of a threat to risk getting someone near him (although he made a quite good surfing target so i was glad he did not try :P ).

Haha im starting to realize im not a good player yet, i need to be more aware of my players skills and such, could have been that the beserker had stand firm so no use in trying to knock him out of bounds (but could have been the other beserker as well, i have to rewatch :) ).
arnob8911: Haha im starting to realize im not a good player yet, i need to be more aware of my players skills and such, could have been that the beserker had stand firm so no use in trying to knock him out of bounds (but could have been the other beserker as well, i have to rewatch :) ).
btw, what is your excuse for not having mighty blow + piling on berserkers? with frenzy + jump up they are natural born POMB -killers.
Unfortunately a very short game. Basically, Twister had the worst luck I have seen in a long while (-10,53 Actions; -19,63 !! Injury Rolls and a 25% !!! block success rate with 25% turnovers on blocks).

He lost the ball in his first turn due to double-1s and it only went downhill from there. From the Str7 Treeman unable to dodge with break tackle over me KOing players left and right and the Treeman taking root, the final straw was a MNG injury than the apo "fixed" to death. It seems Pirans Apo has taken up business consulting.

We agreed on a concede around turn 11 since he didn't have a lot of time and there was little point in continuing.

On a positive note (at least for me) I just got a Blitzer with Str [+]. That makes these possibly the strongest elves I have ever coached. Hope there is no reboot!

A very fair game by Twister (who offered to continue so I wouldn't have to miss SPP). Sorry about how this went :-(.

Replay here.
Post edited September 07, 2013 by E_A
iippo: btw, what is your excuse for not having mighty blow + piling on berserkers? with frenzy + jump up they are natural born POMB -killers.
Trying to figure out myself what would be good skills and not to rely to much on guides to tell me what to take is basically the main reason why i dont have mb + piling on on my beserkers. The skills they got probably dont make them good players, but at least it stays interesting :).
The reason i picked stand firm was the idea that it perhaps would help to make them end up next to an opponent instead of being pushed away and in that way make use of jump up more. So far it did not work like that :), although i think in the last match it did help me in some occasions. Never worked with piling on, just dont like the idea of putting your own players to the ground. But then again with jump up it does not really matter that much, so perhaps ill try that out as soon as the next one levels :).
E_A: Unfortunately a very short game. Basically, Twister had the worst luck I have seen in a long while (-10,53 Actions; -19,63 !! Injury Rolls and a 25% !!! block success rate with 25% turnovers on blocks).
Bad luck indeed. Btw, do you know how these "chance" values like the -10.53 are calculated, and what they signify exactly? I checked some matches myself, and it's obvious that negative values mean "bad luck" and positive ones "good luck", but I'd like to understand them better.
Post edited September 07, 2013 by Psyringe
iippo: btw, what is your excuse for not having mighty blow + piling on berserkers? with frenzy + jump up they are natural born POMB -killers.
arnob8911: Trying to figure out myself what would be good skills and not to rely to much on guides to tell me what to take is basically the main reason why i dont have mb + piling on on my beserkers. The skills they got probably dont make them good players, but at least it stays interesting :).
The reason i picked stand firm was the idea that it perhaps would help to make them end up next to an opponent instead of being pushed away and in that way make use of jump up more. So far it did not work like that :), although i think in the last match it did help me in some occasions. Never worked with piling on, just dont like the idea of putting your own players to the ground. But then again with jump up it does not really matter that much, so perhaps ill try that out as soon as the next one levels :).
Norse are called glass cannons - POMB bersekers are pretty much the cannons.

Personally i see only two main routes to develop berserkers and ulfwerners - either you get quickly guard because you dont have much str and want to bash (remeber, av7 - better hit than be hit) ....or the more proactive MB(+PO) for actually causing that famous norse carnage.

In beginning norse rock as you have block on about everyone - but after a bit, every other team is also filled with block as its the most common lvl up afterwards. Thus unless ulffies get atleast MB (i didnt take PO there, want that str standing) and berserkers POMB, you really dont have any edge to cause more CAS (especially against av9 teams) than the opponent has to crush your av7.

Id be very interested in trying to spam the regular linos with pro, because that would also rise the chances of themcausing knockdowns and thus overpower the opponent. Didnt come up with that while i was playing myself though.

Anyways, thats my thinking :)