It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rcthedigitalhero: Also, I pose a question to the forum. What is your opinion on turn 15 camping? Are you for it or against it?
My opinion might be unpopular, but...

I'm for it. I'm not giving anyone the chance to get free hits on me. You want to hit me? Come to me and make the hits, not ignore the ball on kickoff.

Any opportunity I can do to minimize my risk of getting hit, I'm taking it, whether it be camping the ball for the TD that extra turn or yanking guys back on that last turn and putting my 3 easiest guys to replace if something happens on the LOS at the end of a game. It's all about risk assessment on the pitch. Anything to make my guys survive longer so long as they're useful to me.

I'll say I'm less likely to do it if I've got the game sealed up, but honestly, leave a team with two turns and if Riot shows up on the kick-off table and the game gets the clock moved back a turn, that makes things a lot more stressful. You're not out of the woods, as while difficult, the opposition can score it in 3 turns (in most cases, the ability is at least present) Generally, two-turn TDs are a lot harder, but a three-turn one gives for a smidgeon of error.

Turn 16 fouling irks me more than a camped TD drive does, honestly.
Camping is not one of my preferred strategies, but of course I'll do it if it's giving me a definitive advantage. It's a part of the quirky charm of Blood Bowl that all the things that are rightfully disliked in real-world sports (stalling, fouling, bribing, doping ...) are an integral part of this game.

That said, I seem to often end up _not_ camping. There's a number of reasons for that - the selection of teams I play (more quick and agile than slow and bashy), the number of times where _I_ have stolen a touchdown from a stalling team with some gung-ho blitz action, and the fact that playing gung-ho is usually more fun for me than the slow, methodical grinding that often includes camping.

Basically, I weigh the risk of bad things happening in the next drive versus the risk of having the TD stolen from me while I stall, tip the scales a bit in favor of scoring since that's my personal preference, and then make my decision.
Post edited August 19, 2013 by Psyringe
Piran already respond to it ... his question came up because I told him at turn 15, it is lame to stall when most of the opposing team is down in the box with badly hurt players and no way in hell there is any chance, that this team can manage to make 2 td's in the last turn. even, with a riot or a fall-back an turn 15. Especially without a 1-turn-td-player.

I know, stalling is part of the game and I know, a lot player think, it is always necessary to stall at any cost. We had this discussion before and I am pretty sure, it will come up again. But in this case it is just a move that can make the opposing coach leave the game or even drives him into killing the connection, what could deny the own save win.

Sometimes I did stalling myself but when I realized, that it is such a depressing moment for the other guy , I started to go without it. Sometimes it cost me the win. In other times not. But all in all these games where more fun ... at least for me.

Nuffle wasn't in favour of me this time as I said before. And to be clear: besides that turn15-stalling I had my share of the fun in this game regardless the losing part, because I tried out some risky moves. For instance GFI, which I don't like normally. Some worked, a lot didn't. It is another kind of fun I guess comparing to the fun out of winning. But if I have to just watch (most of a half) because of stalling, there is no fun at all.

tl,dr:
Do what you have to do. If you think you have to stall? Do it. But if I am your opponent and I think it is a waste of my time, I will always comment it.
Post edited August 19, 2013 by chaos_panda
-public service announcement-

Players who don't have Chaos Edition and are interested in obtaining it--it's on sale all this week for $7.50 US on Steam.

Dungeonbowl is also on sale for $8 US.

That is all.

-end public service announcement-
Post edited August 19, 2013 by Zeta
Zeta: -public service announcement-

Players who don't have Chaos Edition and are interested in obtaining it--it's on sale all this week for $7.50 US on Steam.

That is all.

Nice! Thanks for pointing that out!

For Germany the prices are € 7.50 for Blood Bowl
http://store.steampowered.com/app/216890/?

and € 7.99 for Dungeonbowl Ultimate Edition
http://store.steampowered.com/app/209390/?

That is all.

I'm tempted to say no just because they refuse to ship the card game to my country, bastards! :D

edit: Saw the price in dollars and thought it was Amazon.
Here it's also 7.50€, still too much for 3 team DLC.
Post edited August 19, 2013 by DodoGeo

That is all.

DodoGeo: I'm tempted to say no just because they refuse to ship the card game to my country, bastards! :D

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/fantasy-flight-games/blood-bowl-team-manager/blood-bowl-team-manager/prod_13673.html

Claims "Worldwide shipping" for whatever its worth.
DodoGeo: I'm tempted to say no just because they refuse to ship the card game to my country, bastards! :D

iippo: http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/fantasy-flight-games/blood-bowl-team-manager/blood-bowl-team-manager/prod_13673.html

Claims "Worldwide shipping" for whatever its worth.
Thanks! I did manage to find a copy here (although a costly one), but this should come in handy as no one here sells the expasion Sudden Death.
Better yet it should be cheaper now that we got in the EU, not having to pay taxes importing stuff.

Looking at that shop's inventory and thinking to myself how better off was my wallet not knowing.
Post edited August 19, 2013 by DodoGeo
DodoGeo: Thanks! I did manage to find a copy here (although a costly one), but this should come in handy as no one here sells the expasion Sudden Death.
Better yet it should be cheaper now that we got in the EU, not having to pay taxes importing stuff.
I used to buy stuff from Maelstrom Games before, but unfortunately they went belly up :(

Havent yet bought anything from Wayland games, but someone recommended it somewhere and bookmarked it. Hopefully it works out for you :)
Can't wait to get it.
It should arrive this week, so can have a test run this weeked if I find victims.

Here's a quick overview of the game and rules for those interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl55K4U8ZN8&list=PLBF6BA822823D70D6

I think it captures the feel of the game quite nicely.

That is all.

It is official.

My mother now has blood bowl.
Rod's new lizard players?

-Stegadon

-Carnosaur

-Bastiltadon

That is all.

rcthedigitalhero: It is official.

My mother now has blood bowl.
D:

are we living in same universe? I dont think id be able to bribe either of my parents to play, well anything at all. Minesweeper perhaps.
Post edited August 19, 2013 by iippo

are we living in same universe? I dont think id be able to bribe either of my parents to play, well anything at all. Minesweeper perhaps.
My mom is quite the gamer actually. She runs her own guild on EQ2 (at least she used to). She also has an unhealthy obsession with Dragon Age and Mass Effect.
Post edited August 19, 2013 by rcthedigitalhero
iippo: Bastiltadon
pick this one:)

My mom likes to play too. She actually is the person, who is responsible for my gaming years. Showed me games like Duna, Heroes of Might and Magic, Whacky Wheels..
As I missed the start of the round 8. Here are predictions for round 9 of the second division. Better to be early than sorry :).

GoG Weekly Season 2, Div 2, Match Day 9

Only 5 matches before the play-off. Games in the second division are starting to be tense. As 9 players are competing for the last ticket to play-off. First 3 places looks secured, but none of teams can be sure of its position. This round can changed it all or secure play-off spots.

Wheredemons (1 Necro 0-1-7) vs Hamburg Hammerfists (19, Dwarves 6-1-1)
I hope that there is enough dark energy around for necromantic rituals. Dwarves surely want to restore their reputation as unchallenged leaders of the second division. Poor demons will need lots of luck and tons of regen roles. Victory will go to Hambug, by 2 tds.

Nurgle Lymphocytes (18, Nurgle 6-0-2) vs Screams of Frogs (10, Lizard 3-1-4)
This match will be bloody. For both teams too much is at stakes. If champions of Nurgle win this match, they will most likely end the play-off hopes for Frogs and secure spots for themselves. Frogs are cunning and will surely try some desperate moves, will it be enough to have at least one point? Lymphocytes are heavily favored team, they should win, for the plague god. 2-1 for Nurgles

Natural Disaster (13, WoodE 4-1-3) vs Nagarythe Decadence (9, DarkE 3-0-5)
Those elves showed us some moves in the last few matches. Do you ask which one? Both teams! But Decadence is even more beaten than Disaster and unless Nuffle smiles on them, they will loose to slightly faster opponent. It is hard to stab without dagger in your hand. 4-3 for woodies.

We are not fluffy birds (19, Human 6-1-1) vs Big & heavy fists (12, Ogre 4-0-4)
Another brutal match on the horizon. To stay in good position for the play-off competition BHF should win. But humans are very fast and skilled with tackle to hunt down snots. Will ogre team teach humans how to dance with broken legs? Or will they just helplessly watch humans running around to score? Humans will win by luck, 2-1.

The Armored Seaguls (11, Human 3-2-3) vs Misfits (9, Underworld 3-0-5)
The Misfits are back in shape and ready to score. With a bit of luck there will be no goblin head bite off by rat. However the full human roster and great squad of cheerleaders will not give up easily. Another game that will be without a clear winner as none of the team will be able to stop the opponent from scoring. 2-2 tie

Talking Dead (9, Necro 2-3-3) vs Red Lantern (13, Dwarves 4-1-3)
GoG league is not making anything easy for necromantic teams. It does not allow them to score easily, to rise a dead opposing player and it even puts zombies back into the eternal rest in dust. To make this situation worse the dwarves bought new set of shovels for gardening. Dwarves will win by 1 TD.

Twisted Elves (2, WoodE 0-2-6) vs Anti-Anemia Alliance (16, 5-1-2)
The ancient vampire, Lord of Lard is pretty confident about this match. Some centuries ago he took a certified course in wood elf blood tasting and he is going to use all his knowledge for one perfect sip. Doesn't matter if from cheerleader or from wardancer. Has anyone seen wood elves around? Last time I've checked for them there was only big angry tree sprinting toward the pitch. The best dirt is in the TD zone big boy! Alliance by 1 td and broken nose.
Post edited August 19, 2013 by kanarek