It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

iippo: that was in different khemri team though and i would hardly build my team around the statistical idea that "ill get it eventually".
True, especially considering that the chance to have it die on you is probably much higher than the chance to get it in the first place. ;)
Just had my match with Mystral. Besides one or two turns where he inflicted 3 injuries on my players in the second half the dice were on my side. I won with 2-0.
His assassin was quite useless in the match, all his stabs failed (on my beserker with av 7) and left the pitch halfway the game.

The replay can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkkmrh0gavgg8f4/Weekly_S2_D1_R8_Mystral-Arnob8911.db
Ogres win 2-1 against the necromancers, was a real nailbiter until the very end this one.

I scored very late each half after travelling a long and painful road of blocks, trampled snots, and plyers gently pushed out of the pitch. But the necro's werewolves were all too eager to return their favour, two turn scoring almost two times, alas Nuffle favoured the furry playes and granted a blessing of lucky sixes, they somehow must have vexed him later since he made the wolf stumble on his own feet on the decisive square.

Summing this match up: "Nuffle giveth, and Nuffle taketh away"
Attachments:
Anyone tried the Blood Bowl Team Manager Card game?

http://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Flight-Games-GW03-Manager/dp/1589946901/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1376812624&sr=1-1&keywords=blood+bowl+board+game

I just wonder how much time you need to get the rules down and how complicated it is?
A few days ago a friend got the Game of Thrones Board game and boy, was it a confusion even after watching a 30min tutoral video on Youtube.

I'd really like to avoid that.
DodoGeo: Anyone tried the Blood Bowl Team Manager Card game?

http://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Flight-Games-GW03-Manager/dp/1589946901/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1376812624&sr=1-1&keywords=blood+bowl+board+game

I just wonder how much time you need to get the rules down and how complicated it is?
A few days ago a friend got the Game of Thrones Board game and boy, was it a confusion even after watching a 30min tutoral video on Youtube.

ive actually owned that for a long-long time, but just "havent had the time" to learn to rules and lure few friends to play with me... eventually..

i think youtube has official rules vidoes on it.
DodoGeo: Anyone tried the Blood Bowl Team Manager Card game?

iippo: ive actually owned that for a long-long time, but just "havent had the time" to learn to rules and lure few friends to play with me... eventually..

i think youtube has official rules vidoes on it.
Saw those, the whole thing can be runded up in less then 10 minutes so that would be definite plus, but I'd also like to hear if someone has played it, how's the experience.

Most reviews I saw on Youtube are really positive unless you don't like randomness (but again, it's Blood Bowl).
Custodians vs. Raging Pink Lizards could start any minute now... :)
And the match Misfits vs. Nagarythe Decadence should start soon, too.
For those of you that like to watch streams, I'll be streaming the game here :D

http://www.twitch.tv/rcthedigitalhero

Liz vs Humans coming shortly!
I will only say this:

I just don't want to talk about it. Nuffle definitely hated me this time. So I will let Digitalhero do the talking and uploading. ^^
He played a really good game in my opinion. :)
Post edited August 18, 2013 by chaos_panda
This was the win I needed. First turn, Panda's ogre decided it would rather nap then play the game. I was able to control the 1st half . Just had all the rolls coming my way.

Panda's TD's was one of the smartest touchdowns I've ever seen before. blitzing my skink into a chain push for the score.

Game ended with me scoring on the last play of the second half. 3-1

Twas a good game, and the stream looked great! So all in all, a good day. Four level ups, all pretty standard (Guard, Block, Sure Feet, and Side Step).

http://wikisend.com/download/498624/Weekly_S2_D1_R8_ChaosPanda_DigitalHero.db

Barry scored all three touchdowns today. Just thought I'd mention that. :P

Also, I pose a question to the forum. What is your opinion on turn 15 camping? Are you for it or against it?
Post edited August 18, 2013 by rcthedigitalhero
Misfits lost to Nagarythe Decadence 2-1.
Why? Because the damn Dark Elves played better. Although the game started with 1 followed by a double skull for the elves they quickly found back into the game.
I wasn't aggressive enough, I played fearfully, not daring to mark their players.

My troll was a real hero though, he didn't fail his really stupid roll! At all! The whole game through! And he was hurting elves left and right. And slippery elves those were, they actually managed to escape his tentacles nearly all the time.

My gobbos also had a good game, one of them succeeding in dodging three times (2+ each) and finishing the move off with two going-for-its (2+ each). Which brought him into the TD zone. And then the rat didn't manage to throw the ball to him. *sigh*

Oh, and the Misfits tried to kill the assassin. But he was saved by an apothecary. (Still -1 STR)
Post edited August 18, 2013 by Piranjade
rcthedigitalhero: Also, I pose a question to the forum. What is your opinion on turn 15 camping? Are you for it or against it?
I'm not a fan of camping in general. It could be growing up a pro-wrestling fan, but I'd much rather win/lose in entertaining fashion.
rcthedigitalhero: Also, I pose a question to the forum. What is your opinion on turn 15 camping? Are you for it or against it?
Do you mean postponing TD in general or just after kickoff? Moving everyone except 3 LOS dudes waaaay back on turn 16 is pretty standard. I think i play "normally" on turn 15.

Well anyways, it can be frustrating when opponent does it, but its perfectly Blood Bowl. Just like fouling, despite it does not seem to be too common in our league - atleast at the moment.
Hawk52: I'm not a fan of camping in general. It could be growing up a pro-wrestling fan, but I'd much rather win/lose in entertaining fashion.
I agree with Hawk: Although I play to win, I mostly play to be entertained and I want my (hopefully loosing) opponent to be entertained as well.

I can see moments when stalling seems to be necessary, for example when you're hugely outnumbered, already suffered many CAS and would be forced to put your valuable positionals on the line of scrimmage if you did the TD right away. Or if not to stall would endanger your win. Then of course: Stall all you can!
But if that's not the case and you have a comfortable lead anyway (3-1 after that TD for example) and therefore making the TD wouldn't likely endanger your win, then I'd say give the other guy/gal a chance to get at least a passing completion in the last turn and make the TD.

But of course stalling is a completely normal, legal, viable and sometimes even important tactic in BB. That I don't like it in every possible situation (when it seems unnecessary to me) is just my personal opinion and nothing more. Just like I don't like turn 16 fouling.