It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stooner: And also Castle of Illusion.
For those that don't mind using an extra app you can get it for free using Amazon Underground. (and faking an adress)
1849 is on sale on Steam, Humble, and lol IGS. With all the idiot reviews by non-purchasers I think SomaSim is about as done with the gog clientele as I am. I assume we won't see Project Highrise. I'll buy it on Humble.

--

I bought a recent IGS deal with DRM-free installers which were never provided. Bulby - Diamond Course. Support responded, "Sorry about this - the developer deceived us with the availability of DRm-free files and we plan on withholding payment until files are delivered." But they'll gladly not offer to refund my payment? Doubt I'll be back there much.
Attachments:
1849.jpg (27 Kb)
Humble Store now has a Spring sale.
Say what you will (generic you, not specifically Grargar :P) about GOG and its sometimes shifty ways, but whenever there's a big sale on here, there's always a big FAQ explaining everything you need to know[*]. Enter Humble: what the hell do we know about this sale? Fuck all, that's what they tell you: only that "deals will keep popping up until May 20th"... OK, but when? And how often? Am I safe buying anything right now, or do I run the risk of being screwed as that particular game becomes a "daily deal" of some sort and its price gets dropped by a further 20-30%? Will I get a refund for the difference in such a circumstance? Etc, etc... :S

[*] And whenever they screw up, like with the freebies on the latest Insomnia sale, they're always willing to compensate for it.
Post edited May 06, 2016 by muntdefems
muntdefems: only that "deals will keep popping up until May 20th"... OK, but when? And how often?
Daily at 17:00 UTC, see the countdown below the banner.
muntdefems: Am I safe buying anything right now, or do I run the risk of being screwed as that particular game becomes a "daily deal" of some sort and its price gets dropped by a further 20-30%?
That's possible because... new deals.

It's especially hard to find the new deals without going through the list which also contains the old ones.
12 Hours left on the Civ 5 bundle for $6.50(+ 9 out of 16 DLCs) @ IndieGala (key for Steam). Says 78% off, not sure how they came to that number

But - does not include the two expansions Brave New World or Gods and Kings expansions ($30 each), so not necessarily a good deal.

Wow, full game is $30 + $120 for DLC, so $150. Who said game prices weren't going up? Then again, Steam's selling a complete (as of now) Civ 5 bundle for $50. (66% off)

edit: D'oh! $ != %
Post edited May 06, 2016 by PincushionMan
Stooner: And also Castle of Illusion.
Cyraxpt: For those that don't mind using an extra app you can get it for free using Amazon Underground. (and faking an adress)
My kids have it on their table. It's just about impossible to play. Needs a controller.
muntdefems:
My answers from experience...
1.Generally they change once daily unless they are doing lightning sale good luck we don't even know
2.If you buy and it does turn into a lightning or daily deal then well you bought it why would we give you the discount back?
3. If you run into trouble well just don't and use Steam. If you use DRM free well who does that really... ;-)
Cyraxpt: For those that don't mind using an extra app you can get it for free using Amazon Underground. (and faking an adress)
Tallima: My kids have it on their table. It's just about impossible to play. Needs a controller.
Yeah, i usually avoid those type of games on android devices due to the controls, works better with management games or minigames that use the touch screen (ex. The Room).
Tallima: My kids have it on their table. It's just about impossible to play. Needs a controller.
Wait a minute.
Your kids own a tab?
Wow.
muntdefems: Say what you will (generic you, not specifically Grargar :P) about GOG and its sometimes shifty ways, but whenever there's a big sale on here, there's always a big FAQ explaining everything you need to know[*]. Enter Humble: what the hell do we know about this sale? Fuck all, that's what they tell you: only that "deals will keep popping up until May 20th"... OK, but when? And how often? Am I safe buying anything right now, or do I run the risk of being screwed as that particular game becomes a "daily deal" of some sort and its price gets dropped by a further 20-30%? Will I get a refund for the difference in such a circumstance? Etc, etc... :S

[*] And whenever they screw up, like with the freebies on the latest Insomnia sale, they're always willing to compensate for it.
Umm..... How were you compensated in the last Insomnia Sale? I didn't hear of any one being given freebies when they stopped so what was the compensation?

Humble seems to have gone the way of Steam with their sales. Don't take this as gospel mind but they seem to show most of their deals up front but add more games to the sale as it goes on and often there are build-a-bundles in the mix.

You aren't getting "screwed" as such unless you paid full price and then it were discounted. The point of the sale is buying at a discount not full price. If you choose to buy something at full price during a sale well...?

If it's on sale it's discounted. The difference is by how much. If I see a game I'm interested in first I check if it's DRM-Free then I check isthereanydeal.com and see how the price compares to it's record lowest price and then make the call to buy or not buy. Simple :D
Post edited May 06, 2016 by mighty.ape.acct
Rockstar Games for Android, Kindle, and iOS Operating Systems are on sale today.

Grand Theft Auto III (Android, iOS) $2.99
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Android, iOS) $2.99
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (Android, iOS) $2.99
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (Android, iOS) $2.99
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Android, iOS) $3.99
Max Payne (Android, iOS) $1.99

Android link
Amazon link
note for iOS: can't link to sale. Must install iTunes and then search for each title or search manually with an iPod or iPad.
muntdefems: [*] And whenever they screw up, like with the freebies on the latest Insomnia sale, they're always willing to compensate for it.
mighty.ape.acct: Umm..... How were you compensated in the last Insomnia Sale? I didn't hear of any one being given freebies when they stopped so what was the compensation?
Greetings, mighty ape! I'm one of those rare folks that was gifted after the freebies ran out.

In my case, I got over the freebie limit, got the "You have a Freebie" link, but there was nothing there, which I thought was odd. I didn't have the sense to take a screenshot. When I refreshed the page, I got the dreaded 'Oh noes, they're all gone' message. Not quite knowing what to do, I turned to the Insomnia Sale thread,

On the thread, there was much grumbling about this. However, someone noted that if the site told you you had a freebie coming you could put in a ticket and get one from support. I did, and about week later GoG support, and they checked my story out, then they gifted me one. The reason why it took so long is that I made sure that I missed one before I put in a ticket on Friday before a holiday weekend. I've no grumbles about the length of time it took them to get me one or anything.

Biggest grumble during the sale was the fast rotation (some stuff only made 3 very very short appearances - D&D bundle, for one), and the fact that freebies ran out early in day 2 or 3.
mighty.ape.acct: Umm..... How were you compensated in the last Insomnia Sale? I didn't hear of any one being given freebies when they stopped so what was the compensation?
PincushionMan: Greetings, mighty ape! I'm one of those rare folks that was gifted after the freebies ran out.

In my case, I got over the freebie limit, got the "You have a Freebie" link, but there was nothing there, which I thought was odd. I didn't have the sense to take a screenshot. When I refreshed the page, I got the dreaded 'Oh noes, they're all gone' message. Not quite knowing what to do, I turned to the Insomnia Sale thread,

On the thread, there was much grumbling about this. However, someone noted that if the site told you you had a freebie coming you could put in a ticket and get one from support. I did, and about week later GoG support, and they checked my story out, then they gifted me one. The reason why it took so long is that I made sure that I missed one before I put in a ticket on Friday before a holiday weekend. I've no grumbles about the length of time it took them to get me one or anything.

Biggest grumble during the sale was the fast rotation (some stuff only made 3 very very short appearances - D&D bundle, for one), and the fact that freebies ran out early in day 2 or 3.
Well that is good to hear! :D I was unaware that this happened but I am pleased for you and anyone who received the same compensation. That really is good work from GOG
mighty.ape.acct: snip
I also had a freebie coming that didn't appear before GoG's official announcement that the freebies are no more. I was also compensated.