It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Apparently Dark Souls (or perhaps Dark Souls 2) has glitched on the Australian steam store and is only 19 cents
IAmSinistar: Influent sounds quite cool, and like a good way to pick up some language basics.
Leroux: I'm curious about that one, too, but from what I gathered you just walk around your apartment clicking on household things and learn the words? That seems very limited in scope, a predefined small vocabulary of things without real context and no phrases. Did anyone try it out yet?
I only tried the demo when it was being kickstarted, it´s was born as a japanese learning tool, made in conjunction with some japanese institutes since I think the guy behind it works as a language teacher in Japan (and his girlfriend does the art I think).
Among the tasks you could do I didn´t find anything like phrases or things like that, but since I tried a very early build I don´t know how it evolved later on.
I haven't seen a post about it here.
It seems that 3DRealms is back :) and has its anthology of 32 tiltles (minus Max Payne titles, and Prey) and re-orchestrated soundtrack on sale for $19.99, and only for 48 hours.

The anthology is digital download only from them, DRM-free with partial controller support, and Windows only (with the help of dosbox).

https://3drealms.com/catalog/3d-realms-anthology_50/

Edit: Also, check their catalogue page. There are a few games them listed as free.
https://3drealms.com/catalog/
Post edited October 24, 2014 by PraetorianWolfie
PraetorianWolfie: It seems that 3DRealms is back :) and has its anthology of 32 tiltles (minus Max Payne titles, and Prey) and re-orchestrated soundtrack on sale for $19.99, and only for 48 hours.
How I have resisted buying this today is astonishing. It almost feels like an essential purchase. Much Tempted. So Want.

Also..

For those who don't mind Steam, Bundle Stars has two sweet looking different games on sale.

Curse: the Eye of Isis - $2.50
the Void - $2

I'd totally buy them. If they were DRM-Free.
Gunpoint is currently -80%. Very, very good and original game.

Buying it from the dev directly via Humble widget give you DRM free and Steam version - http://www.gunpointgame.com/
PraetorianWolfie: I haven't seen a post about it here.
It seems that 3DRealms is back :) and has its anthology of 32 tiltles (minus Max Payne titles, and Prey) and re-orchestrated soundtrack on sale for $19.99, and only for 48 hours.

The anthology is digital download only from them, DRM-free with partial controller support, and Windows only (with the help of dosbox).

https://3drealms.com/catalog/3d-realms-anthology_50/

Edit: Also, check their catalogue page. There are a few games them listed as free.
https://3drealms.com/catalog/
There was a time Death Rally was free, now they charge $5. WTF?
Actually it still is on Remedy's site...
Post edited October 24, 2014 by blotunga
blotunga: There was a time Death Rally was free, now they charge $5. WTF?
Actually it still is on Remedy's site...
Donwloading now!
Thank you very much!!!! That game is one of my favourites and I wanted to re-play it so badly.......
Best of Both Worlds: 60 Games Steam + DRM Free for 75% off at ShinyLoot
JaqFrost: Best of Both Worlds: 60 Games Steam + DRM Free for 75% off at ShinyLoot
What's up with the name of that sale? Are they highlighting that it's DRM-free + a Steam key? Or is there a theme I'm missing? There does seem to be some space stuff, but then there's football games etc as well.
Post edited October 24, 2014 by Pheace
Pheace: What's up with the name of that sale? Are they highlighting that it's DRM-free + a Steam key?
Correct. As you can see at the main page, they also mention a "Best of Both Worlds" with DRM-Free + Steam Key for over 90 titles.
Getcomposted: They chose well for the tiers. The only game I liked the look of in the $1 tier was Type:Rider.
And the ones I'm really interested in (and learning) are Sokobond and Influent. I feel like learning some Latin!
I'm leaning towards the Latin pack myself. Spanish would be more practical, and German has its appeal, but my Latin could use the refresher. I wish the addition packs were cheaper. If they were around $2 each I'd probably load up on a half-dozen. But at $5 each I'll likely just play the one I get, and then determine if it's worth repeating in another tongue.
Pheace: What's up with the name of that sale? Are they highlighting that it's DRM-free + a Steam key?
Grargar: Correct. As you can see at the main page, they also mention a "Best of Both Worlds" with DRM-Free + Steam Key for over 90 titles.
Kinda feels like it's aimed at GOG, but perhaps that's because I don't visit other places that offer DRM-free
PraetorianWolfie: It seems that 3DRealms is back :) and has its anthology of 32 tiltles (minus Max Payne titles, and Prey) and re-orchestrated soundtrack on sale for $19.99, and only for 48 hours.
HeDanny: How I have resisted buying this today is astonishing. It almost feels like an essential purchase. Much Tempted. So Want.
The same situation here. This bundle looks so tempting and for 20 bucks it's a steal. Though I suck in plattformers and already own the most interesting games. Unfortunately some games also miss the expansions, as example Spear of Destinty for Wolfenstein (it was developed and published by iD). But still, that collection is impressive.
Not to twist the knife in the wound, but GamersGate is having a (steamy) Fallout Weekend, and I wonder if someone can answer my questions about Fallout 3:

- Does it work on Win 8 or are there known compatibility issues?
- Does it (still?) use GfWL in addition to Steam?
- Is it recommended to have prior knowledge of Fallout 1 & 2 to play it or is it completely independent of their stories?

EDIT:
Oh wait, I just remembered that the Fallout 3 version sold to Germans is cut, so I'll skip this offer. The replies to the questions above would be of use to me nevertheless, in case I ever get hold of a ROW key.
Post edited October 24, 2014 by Leroux
Leroux: - Does it work on Win 8 or are there known compatibility issues?
Dont know.

Leroux: - Does it (still?) use GfWL in addition to Steam?
I seem to remember its still there but is not actually required to run the game...
This will probably fill you in better though: http://steamcommunity.com/app/22370/discussions/0/828937546147175081/

Leroux: - Is it recommended to have prior knowledge of Fallout 1 & 2 to play it or is it completely independent of their stories?
I'd say you'll probably get more out of it, but its not neccesary - same with New Vegas (though the latter even more so) due to references etc. I actually played through NV before finishing any of the others - though I did have a basic knowledge of the other games.