It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: No, PayPal worked for me on this purchase. Check that it hasn't inadvertantly added a character to your email when it forwards, or truncated a character. Alternately, re-enter the email field by hand and see if the accepts it.
Tried it half a dozen times, even with different browsers, it just fails the authentication, grrr!

The question is why are my credentials accepted when I use PayPal's front page but not on this page?
HypersomniacLive: Has anyone purchased the Indie Royale Mystery Bundle using PayPal?
madth3: Yep. Just some minutes ago.

By, the way, every game as the chance to generate a Steam key but there is a Desura key for the whole bundle.
Yeah, I found that out too. Hmph, I would much rather individual Desura keys for each game...
IAmSinistar: No, PayPal worked for me on this purchase. Check that it hasn't inadvertantly added a character to your email when it forwards, or truncated a character. Alternately, re-enter the email field by hand and see if the accepts it.
HypersomniacLive: Tried it half a dozen times, even with different browsers, it just fails the authentication, grrr!

The question is why are my credentials accepted when I use PayPal's front page but not on this page?
When I did it, it took me three tries before I realized the password they want isn't the PayPal password but your IndieRoyale/Desura password.
I'd like to wholeheartedly thank fellow GOGers madth3 AND genkicolleen for both purchasing the IR Mystery Bundle for me, and foxworks for also stepping in to help - you guys rock!!

penumbren: When I did it, it took me three tries before I realized the password they want isn't the PayPal password but your IndieRoyale/Desura password.
Not sure I follow - you were asked for you IndieRoyale/Desura password on PayPal's payment page? That makes absolutely no sense, unless your IR/ Desura email and password are the same as your PayPal ones.
Post edited October 02, 2014 by HypersomniacLive
No, on the IndieRoyale page; I've bought from them before, so they had the name of my PayPal account stored, but asked for a "login password" directly beneath it.
Since you don't respond* to my questions, I might as well inform you that and [url=http://www.desura.com/games/your-world]your-world are now free on desura (the later was free for a while before to, the first shows no price at all) and you have about 50 minutes remaining to the sale...

* Well those aren't related, you can still respond :)
Thanks for the heads-up. Added Terrance to my Desura collection.
Post edited October 02, 2014 by madth3
well as I said terrace is listed as free anyway, so I'm not sure if you got your value... but I added it too anyway, I like fish :P
penumbren: When I did it, it took me three tries before I realized the password they want isn't the PayPal password but your IndieRoyale/Desura password.
HypersomniacLive: Not sure I follow - you were asked for you IndieRoyale/Desura password on PayPal's payment page? That makes absolutely no sense, unless your IR/ Desura email and password are the same as your PayPal ones.
Not to muddy the waters, but IndieRoyale didn't accept my old password for their site. I had to request a reset from them to change it. Maybe this caused other problems as well?

BlackThorny: I want to try and buy through paypal (as I always buy through paypal), but this
I tried the "is this a gift?" and it showed me I can send the email with the gift on a date of my choice - pretty cool feature :)
made me weary - if I chose a date of deliver for a couple of months from now, will I not see anything before that date? Or will I have everything listed as "gift", and just the sending of the mail will be delayed?
Hurm. Are you sending it to yourself as a gift on a future date? Then yes, it might be the weird chain of events you describe. But if you send it to someone else, it should be all the games. Unless the delivery date is before the end of the offer, in which case it will probably be whatever games are available, with the rest being revealed later.

In other words it should work just like a normal purchase, only with the key to activate the purchase being sent at whatever date, instead of immediately.
Post edited October 02, 2014 by IAmSinistar
IAmSinistar: Not to muddy the waters, but IndieRoyale didn't accept my old password for their site. I had to request a reset from them to change it. Maybe this caused other problems as well?

[...]
I've never linked my IR bundles to my Desura account, so can't say if my problem has anything to do with yours.
It could be that their site revamp introduced different side-effects to different folks.

penumbren: No, on the IndieRoyale page; I've bought from them before, so they had the name of my PayPal account stored, but asked for a "login password" directly beneath it.
Well, I've bought several IR bunldes in the past, but never while logged in to my Desura account, so thankfully no info stored for me.
HypersomniacLive: I've never linked my IR bundles to my Desura account, so can't say if my problem has anything to do with yours.
It could be that their site revamp introduced different side-effects to different folks.
Nothing to do with Desura. It was my IR password that was no longer valid. I didn't notice until after I purchases the bundle, but fortunately when I reset the password the bundle was on my account. I'm just wondering if with their site update they changed some other things, and this kind of password disconnect may have caused your problems too.
IAmSinistar: Nothing to do with Desura. It was my IR password that was no longer valid. I didn't notice until after I purchases the bundle, but fortunately when I reset the password the bundle was on my account. I'm just wondering if with their site update they changed some other things, and this kind of password disconnect may have caused your problems too.
Oh, so you have a different account on IR than on Desura? But redeem your Desura key from the bundles to your Desura account?

I'm baffled about my issue, mostly because everyone else had no problem. The issue Sachys mentioned earlier is not new - PayPal often does this, I suspect to push for accounts, of course every time I inquired about it, they claim it's an issue on the seller's side.
HypersomniacLive: Oh, so you have a different account on IR than on Desura? But redeem your Desura key from the bundles to your Desura account?
Yes. My IR account is just for logging into IR and managing purchases and downloads from there. I use the Desura redemption link they provide to load the games into my Desura account, which is distinct.

HypersomniacLive: I'm baffled about my issue, mostly because everyone else had no problem. The issue Sachys mentioned earlier is not new - PayPal often does this, I suspect to push for accounts, of course every time I inquired about it, they claim it's an issue on the seller's side.
Maybe a bug in the PayPal server farm in your part of the world? Is it just when checking out from specific sites, or do you get it under a lot of different circumstances?
DailyIndieGame has

Railyard: Match-3 Evolved (Desura, Greenlight / Win, Mac, Linux)
$0.99 for one key, BTA ($1.27 right now) for two keys

DIG Rebundle 1.
$0.99 for:

- 500 Years Act 1 (Desura, Greenlight / Win)
- Onager (Desura / Win, Mac, Linux)
- Project Night (Desura, Greenlight / Win, Mac, Linux)
- Wisps: The Redeeming (Desura / Win, Mac)
- Hacker Evolution (Steam / Win, Mac, Linux)
- Power-Up (Steam / Win)
IAmSinistar: Yes. My IR account is just for logging into IR and managing purchases and downloads from there. I use the Desura redemption link they provide to load the games into my Desura account, which is distinct.

[...]
Not sure if you know this, but if you log in to IR with your Desura credentials, every bundle you've redeemed on Desura will appear in your collection under that account.

I always purchase IR bundles as gifts under a different email from my Desura one, so that my purchases and my Desura account aren't linked. And I access the pages for the direct downloads logged out.

IAmSinistar: [...]

Maybe a bug in the PayPal server farm in your part of the world? Is it just when checking out from specific sites, or do you get it under a lot of different circumstances?
I've stumbled upon this issue a few times when purchasing bundles - a couple of times with BIaB bundles, once with a Groupees bundle and a couple with HIBs. I don't know what causes the issue because if I use a different browser or try on a different time/ day, I get all available options, including paying with a card without a PayPal account. IIRC, a GOGer from Finland has experienced it too.