It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BranjoHello: Just wanted to let you know that voucher code isn't working on all the titles.
Picked up Tomb Raider Anniversary and Tomb Raider: Chronicles and couldn't activated the voucher for them (but had some GMG credit, so reduced the whole purchase to 2.43$).
Bummer, the email I got escifically said that the code could be used to get a deeper discount and I tried it with Tomb Raider GOTY and the price went down (Although I did not purchase)
:/
Post edited September 13, 2014 by madth3
madth3: Square Enix titles have 75% discount at GreenmanGaming

Use E93D4T-5XG1JG-CYU67Q to make the 75% an 80% discount.
BranjoHello: Just wanted to let you know that voucher code isn't working on all the titles.
Picked up Tomb Raider Anniversary and Tomb Raider: Chronicles and couldn't activated the voucher for them (but had some GMG credit, so reduced the whole purchase to 2.43$).
Quick question, did you try to use that credit with the voucher code? I've read somewhere that they remove the option to do that (GMG credit + voucher) recently.
jcosmocohen: Do you have to link your Steam account to get the keys? I can't seem to get a clear answer either way.
Grargar: Yes, you do. It's a gift link, not a Steam key.
Thanks. Looks like I'll pass, then. I just don't like linking my Steam account to things.
I have a question;

Skyrim Legendary Edition is currently discounted by 66% for a total price of €10.19. I have a friend who is a big fan of Skyrim (over 500 hours), but he is only in possession of the vanilla edition (bought the game before the Legendary Edition was released). If he was to buy the Legendary Edition, would he face any problems with the upgrade of the game? What if he was gifted the game? I have taken a look at the Steam forum, but I'm not 100% sure how it would work. This thread seems to indicate that you can somehow receive a key to activate it on Steam, but how exactly?

Thanks in advance for any information.
Post edited September 13, 2014 by Grargar
akhliber:
Cyraxpt: First of all, where did you quote that from? EDIT: Nevermind, last page, don't know how it passed me...
Second, well, you can use one of those temporary emails just for the key and be done with it.
Third, GOD DAMN IT, i just bought that game 2 weeks ago... Oh well, at least it was 1€ with card money...
I went ahead and registered with an old nearly-forgotten email, but it still required me to link to my Steam account. Went ahead and said what the hell. I've been curious about Knights & Merchants, but haven't bothered to pick it up even on sale, as I'm generally awful at RTS games, so I rarely get brave enough to check them out. :)
Post edited September 13, 2014 by akhliber
Grargar: I have a question;

Skyrim Legendary Edition is currently discounted by 66% for a total price of €10.19. I have a friend who is a big fan of Skyrim (over 500 hours), but he is only in possession of the vanilla edition (bought the game before the Legendary Edition was released). If he was to buy the Legendary Edition, would he face any problems with the upgrade of the game? What if he was gifted the game? I have taken a look at the Steam forum, but I'm not 100% sure how it would work. This thread seems to indicate that you can somehow receive a key to activate it on Steam, but how exactly?

I do not know how it would work if already own the base game and get the LE edition, but I can say that Dawnguard and Dragonborn are worth getting (Hearthfire does not really do much for game play unless you are into adopting kids and building a house). I would gift the game and hope he is able to re-gift the vanilla game.
Cyraxpt: First of all, where did you quote that from? EDIT: Nevermind, last page, don't know how it passed me...
Second, well, you can use one of those temporary emails just for the key and be done with it.
Third, GOD DAMN IT, i just bought that game 2 weeks ago... Oh well, at least it was 1€ with card money...
akhliber: I went ahead and registered with an old nearly-forgotten email, but it still required me to link to my Steam account. Went ahead and said what the hell. I've been curious about Knights & Merchants, but haven't bothered to pick it up even on sale, as I'm generally awful at RTS games, so I rarely get brave enough to check them out. :)
Eh, i'm not so good at them since i never play them online or... wait, let me get some pepper spray and kevlar... ok, or use key binds but i do enjoy to play them, maybe it's because when i was a kid i used to do huge battles with those green army soldiers...
trentonlf: I do not know how it would work if already own the base game and get the LE edition, but I can say that Dawnguard and Dragonborn are worth getting (Hearthfire does not really do much for game play unless you are into adopting kids and building a house). I would gift the game and hope he is able to re-gift the vanilla game.
From what I understand, he would have to kiss the vanilla part of the LE goodbye. At any rate, I'm asking about the LE, because it costs €10.19, as opposed to the DLCs which cost €22.47 together. Don't underestimate my friend when I say he's a big fan; he wants to do everything that the game offers and he told me that Hearthfire is the first thing he would like to play. :P
Grargar: From what I understand, he would have to kiss the vanilla part of the LE goodbye. At any rate, I'm asking about the LE, because it costs €10.19, as opposed to the DLCs which cost €22.47 together. Don't underestimate my friend when I say he's a big fan; he wants to do everything that the game offers and he told me that Hearthfire is the first thing he would like to play. :P
At the price it is I think kissing the vanilla goodbye is ok ;)
trentonlf: At the price it is I think kissing the vanilla goodbye is ok ;)
Of course, but I'm just confused about how it would work. Here is a comment from the thread I posted above:
"yep...but cheaper then bought 1 by 1. remember to put the key in up left..games..activate a product in Steam...and Steam will install it for you".

However, I'm pretty sure that Steam doesn't give keys, so how exactly can you activate it?

At any rate...

New flash sales! One ridiculous and one less so!

Stealth Bastard Deluxe (DRM-Free/Steam/Android) -91%/€0.79

For 12 more hours!

Always Sometimes Monsters (DRM-Free/Steam) -50%/€4.99

For 8 more hours!

In addition, for less than €1:

Bardbarian (DRM-Free/Steam) -80%/€0.79

Paper Sorcerer (DRM-Free/Steam) -80%/€0.79

Trine Enchanted Edition (DRM-Free/Steam) -90%/€0.99
Post edited September 13, 2014 by Grargar
Grargar: From what I understand, he would have to kiss the vanilla part of the LE goodbye. At any rate, I'm asking about the LE, because it costs €10.19, as opposed to the DLCs which cost €22.47 together. Don't underestimate my friend when I say he's a big fan; he wants to do everything that the game offers and he told me that Hearthfire is the first thing he would like to play. :P
From everything I could find he will get the DLC's added to his current game
http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/613936039482759792/

There were multiple posts saying the same thing, the above is just one I found.
trentonlf: From everything I could find he will get the DLC's added to his current game
http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/613936039482759792/

There were multiple posts saying the same thing, the above is just one I found.
I see. Thanks for the help!
Cyraxpt: Quick question, did you try to use that credit with the voucher code? I've read somewhere that they remove the option to do that (GMG credit + voucher) recently.
Yep, you can't use GMG credit and voucher at the same time, but I tried to use voucher only before decided to spent the credit.

They even say (foxy stile) you can't use the voucher on all games. This is said in the promo mail:
our 20% off sitewide voucher*<-see this little thingy :)

*The 20% voucher expires at 4pm UTC on Monday 15th September 2014. Voucher only valid against selected PC Download titles. Multiple vouchers and GMG Credit cannot be used in conjunction. Voucher and titles available are susceptible to change. **The 25% voucher expires at 4pm UTC on Friday 19th September 2014. Voucher only valid against the selected PC Download titles. Multiple vouchers and GMG Credit cannot be used in conjunction. Voucher and titles available are susceptible to change. Terms and conditions apply.
Grargar: I have a question;

The base game is upgraded to Legendary Edition when you do that.
Did that myself yesterday. Couldnt figure out how to get the DLC installed. Turned out I needed to exit steam, restart and verify the files.
It then downloaded them (about 1.7GB).

Make sure your friend also installs te unnoficial community patches - worth doing. :)
Sachys: The base game is upgraded to Legendary Edition when you do that.
Did that myself yesterday. Couldnt figure out how to get the DLC installed. Turned out I needed to exit steam, restart and verify the files.
It then downloaded them (about 1.7GB).

Make sure your friend also installs te unnoficial community patches - worth doing. :)
OK. Suppose I were to send my friend a Steam gift of the game. Once he received it, he would then exit Steam, restart it, verify the files and he should be good to go?