It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PincushionMan: Since you are taking of Xcom, let me give you some advice, I've been playing Xcom since the early 1.0 days when you had to lookup codes in the manual to start they game. They fixed that in the 1.3 patch, but they hosed the sound.

Before entering a tactical mission or re-entering the geosphere, make sure to save. I don't know how many times I've CTD (crash to DOS) when switching from one mode to another.

There's a hard-coded 80 item limit in the vanilla Xcom, and guns have a lower index value than ammo in most cases, so it is completely possible that you may have guns and no ammo in certain mission types.

If you have the Windows Xcom CE, make sure to use f0dder's loader. (link dead?)

The XcomUtil was nice, also. Cool, he's moved off of his AOL page :)

Finally, if you want run time control over your graphics, plus a platform independent engine, use openXcom There are plenty of mods, and they may even restore the more awesome sounds of Xcom 1.0. While it doesn't handle Xcom: TFTD yet, give it time. They're working on it. Other notable features: If you control a downed/landed UFO for 5 turns with no active aliens, you 'win'. No more scouring the map for that alien with no gun hiding in the corner. Yay, the 80 item limit is lifted!
[url=http://ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Differences_to_X-COM_(OpenXcom)]Here's the rest of the fixes[/url]
I've got XCOM collection on Steam and just playing the stock game. I've bookmarked OpenXcom though a week or so ago and figured I'd poke at it some time. Played the game quite deeply in the 90s and don't remember any item limit, or if there was I don't remember it affecting game play per se. Still, cool nonetheless though. But with 70+ hours put into the game already and OpenXcom not able to read XCOM's save games I don't think I want to start over from the beginning again at least this time around. :)
In case anyone doesn't know yet, you can get a bunch of games and other stuff free on Amazon apps today and tomorrow, Fri and Sat. Got CLARC :D

[url=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=mas_fad_rr?ie=UTF8&hidden-keywords=B009Y6OIWC|B0097GVJWQ|B0070DOHQS|B00CH1DJ9O|B00IEBE7GK|B00FQVMMQS|B004SRWW0C|B00IK1NTCW|B004Y1WCDE|B0067R0APK|B007QXWV1U|B00JQG4KHI|B007JM4CWY|B004TTMYQG|B005EHQGTS|B007L7JY3Y|B00BUVPIRS|B0064SHI9I|B00BJ7PY86|B004UB9SKS|B00ITTUR1Q|B004T6IBNY|B00GZHM4VA|B00B2WV3JC|B004GYVYV0|B005MKC9SE|B004XQYBA2|B00HAPRVWS|B00INC0ENU|B00COQTZLS|B00AJJUJ2Q&page=1&rh=n%3A2350149011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-right-2&pf_rd_r=172CCSTMQF0A8TG7HFSD&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1839141442&pf_rd_i=2350149011]Link[/url] I think it's US only.
cmdr_flashheart: I think it's US only.
Clarification: It's not. ;)
Grargar: Clarification: It's not. ;)
Awesome! It's says US only on Reddit, where I found the link.
cmdr_flashheart: Awesome! It's says US only on Reddit, where I found the link.
Well, I'm downloading Sonic the Hedgehog 2 right now.
cmdr_flashheart: Awesome! It's says US only on Reddit, where I found the link.
Grargar: Well, I'm downloading Sonic the Hedgehog 2 right now.
Also look into Dungeon Village. I like the whole create a RPG town for adventurers premise..I feel like there's some game on Steam or GOG maybe which has the gameplay, but I can't remember.
Grargar: Well, I'm downloading Sonic the Hedgehog 2 right now.
cmdr_flashheart: Also look into Dungeon Village. I like the whole create a RPG town for adventurers premise..I feel like there's some game on Steam or GOG maybe which has the gameplay, but I can't remember.
The premise reminds me of Majesty. Not bad.
cmdr_flashheart: Also look into Dungeon Village. I like the whole create a RPG town for adventurers premise..I feel like there's some game on Steam or GOG maybe which has the gameplay, but I can't remember.
Grargar: The premise reminds me of Majesty. Not bad.
Right, that's the one! I've played a bit of Majesty 2, it looks way better than Majesty, fwiw.

edit: I like the interface in this one more, though.
Post edited June 27, 2014 by cmdr_flashheart
Grargar: A bit late this time but, in the end, I never forget.

ShinyLoot's 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals: Day 29

-Civil Engineering Simulator -75%/$2.50 (DRM-Free)
-Deo -60%/$5.20 (DRM-Free+Desura Key)
-Dwarf Quest -75%/$1.00 (DRM-Free+Desura Key)
-Grotesque Tactics -80%/$2.00 (DRM-Free+Steam Key+Desura Key)
-Grotesque Tactics 2 -80%/$2.00 (DRM-Free+Steam Key+Desura Key)
-Guy vs The Wicked and Nefarious Land -75%/$1.25 (DRM-Free+Desura Key)
-Mark Leung: Revenge of the Bitch -75%/$2.25 (DRM-Free)
-Power of Defense -75%/$2.50 (DRM-Free+Desura Key)
-Rooks Keep -80%/$3.00 (Online One Time Key Validation)
-Trapped Dead -80%/$2.00 (DRM-Free+Steam Key+Desura Key)
I highly recommend Mark Leung : Revenge of the Bitch ! It's a hilarious game, a mix between the Monthy Python and Final Fantasy universe.
I just tried to grab one of the free apps and got a green box saying:

"You are not eligible to purchase this app due to geographical restrictions."

Oh well - kiss my smelly feet, Amazon! :P

:D
Impaler26: I just tried to grab one of the free apps and got a green box saying:

Strange... I have already "purchased" 23 of the 29 free apps.
Post edited June 27, 2014 by Grargar
Impaler26: I just tried to grab one of the free apps and got a green box saying:

Grargar: Strange... I have already "purchased" 23 of the 31 free apps.
Have a look at this list, you can't buy them from Germany but you can from Greece:

Countries and Territories Eligible to Shop for Apps on Amazon.com
Post edited June 27, 2014 by Impaler26
Impaler26: Have a look at his list, you can't buy them from Germany but you can from Greece:

Countries and Territories Eligible to Shop for Apps on Amazon.com
I see.
Rakuru: I've heard Enhanced Steam recommended a few times now so I just went ahead and tried it and, wow, it sure does a whole lot more than show price history. It color codes owned/wishlisted games, points out 3rd party DRM, shows percentage of recommended vs not recommended reviews and Metacritic user scores, and even shows how many players have been playing that game today, which I'm sure will be very useful for multiplayer-only or multiplayer-heavy games. And a lot more. Very cool stuff.
Thanks for the reminder of everything it does. I've been using it for so long now that I forgot what it added :)
skeletonbow: I've got XCOM collection on Steam and just playing the stock game. I've bookmarked OpenXcom though a week or so ago and figured I'd poke at it some time. Played the game quite deeply in the 90s and don't remember any item limit, or if there was I don't remember it affecting game play per se. Still, cool nonetheless though. But with 70+ hours put into the game already and OpenXcom not able to read XCOM's save games I don't think I want to start over from the beginning again at least this time around. :)
There are quite a few bugs in vanilla Xcom, and the item limit bug was one that I typically encountered on Base Defense missions.

Here's where to read more about game breaking Xcom bugs.
Pay particular attention to the "Game Destroying Bugs"

Other bugs of note:
All versions save Xcom CE: Saved games revert to beginner level
Chrysallids will always have their impossible stats
Using Psi too much (either side) causes crash to big text (potentially fixed with newer DOS4GW?)
Losing another game by running out of cash and reloading to a different one can get you shut down of the month if you are not cash positive, even if you have money in the bank.
Stunning a civilian makes them not count for rescue purposes.
Mind controlling a civilian turns him into an alien.