It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Leroux: You get Dead Island: Riptide DRM-free on the Humble Store in the US?!
Pataphysician: Whoops, my mistake: that's just a daily deal separate from the DRM-free sale. No, it isn't DRM-free.
Interesting though, I wasn't aware yet that the Humble store has regional restrictions now on top of regional pricing. Over here they only offer Dead Island: Epidemic (without discount). No Riptide anywhere in the store.
I'm really tempted by the Steam daily deal, a big Might and Magic Heroes 6 bundle that has some exclusives.

HOMM is my favorite game franchise, and while I own it all on GOG and prefer to wait for them to get 6 and the other misc titles Steam now has and are including; I'd hate to miss that silly exclusive.
Leroux: Careful, when I bought Puzzle Agent 1 on GamersGate it had SecuRom (apart from being an outdated buggy version which means I had to wait two weeks for Telltale's customer service to get back to me and send me a patched one). It still displays SecuRom for me on the game page.

Personally, I'd stay away from anything Telltale related that isn't explicitly DRM-free or at least on Steam. GamersGate's SecuRom and Telltale's own DRM are the worst, their customer service sucks and if you buy The Walking Dead directly from them, you might have to download all the episodes in-game (!). DRM-free Hector and Puzzle Agent 2 are good deals though.
ooh. wow. ok. Not terribly encouraging. Do not think I will bother. Thanks very much for this. I'll just keep hoping the games turn up here on GOG, but at this point I am really not holding my breath.

--------

Been sort of following the shiny loot sale. Keep seeing interesting looking games by Aldorlea Games pop up DRM-Free. I shot them an email asking if they would consider talking to GOG about getting their games on here. This is was their reply...

I would be very happy to release my games on GoG, but for a strange reason they are not interested. Steam, Greenmangaming, Gamersgate, Gamestop all have released my games, but not GoG. I would recommend you to send them an email of complaint. If you are a faithful customer, they might listen to you.
I'm sure it is not just me who is getting a bit irritated by this. Not just for Aldorlea, but for other smaller deevelopers and publishers who seem to also be getting regected despite their being an obvious interest in those of us here in the gog community to buy their games here.

Shout out to any blue text reading this. Please, Take another look at these guys. Their stuff looks admirably competent and I'd like to buy them, but I would like to buy them here on GOG. Now however I will not be so hesitant to buy them when I get the chance from a competitor.
Post edited July 05, 2014 by HeDanny
Leroux: Interesting though, I wasn't aware yet that the Humble store has regional restrictions now on top of regional pricing. Over here they only offer Dead Island: Epidemic (without discount). No Riptide anywhere in the store.
They have actually been doing this ever since they opened up the store when they offered Blood Dragon and Guild Wars 2 for American users, but not for European ones.
Leroux: You get Dead Island: Riptide DRM-free on the Humble Store in the US?!
I wish... definitely not DRM free in the US.
TrevorWilliams: I'm really tempted by the Steam daily deal, a big Might and Magic Heroes 6 bundle that has some exclusives.

HOMM is my favorite game franchise, and while I own it all on GOG and prefer to wait for them to get 6 and the other misc titles Steam now has and are including; I'd hate to miss that silly exclusive.
Be sure to familiarise yourself with Ubisoft's Uplay if you do purchase it, as per the reviews on Steam.
HeDanny: *snip*
Been sort of following the shiny loot sale. Keep seeing interesting looking games by Aldorlea Games pop up DRM-Free. I shot them an email asking if they would consider talking to GOG about getting their games on here. This is was their reply... I'm sure it is not just me who is getting a bit irritated by this. Not just for Aldorlea, but for other smaller deevelopers and publishers who seem to also be getting regected despite their being an obvious interest in those of us here in the gog community to buy their games here.

Shout out to any blue text reading this. Please, Take another look at these guys. Their stuff looks admirably competent and I'd like to buy them, but I would like to buy them here on GOG. Now however I will not be so hesitant to buy them when I get the chance from a competitor.
I'd also like to see those games here, and found a wishlist request for them on GOG here There's also entries for individual games from them if you search the community wishlist :)
Post edited July 05, 2014 by Tarnicus
TrevorWilliams: I'm really tempted by the Steam daily deal, a big Might and Magic Heroes 6 bundle that has some exclusives.

Tarnicus: Be sure to familiarise yourself with Ubisoft's Uplay if you do purchase it, as per the reviews on Steam.
Thanks, yeah, the reviews are weak and uplay sucks, but the completestist in me wants it all, and the other titles in the bundle look interesting.
I'm also tempted by Steam's Might/Magic daily deal; given the pervasiveness of Ubisoft's Uplay (and Ubisoft's pro-microtransaction claims) I assume it's "snowballs chance in hell" level doubtful we will see Might and Magic X or Heroes VI: Might and Magic on GOG anytime soon... is there any reason to believe we will see latest wave of Might/Magic show up DRM-free anytime soon?

Edit: Ok, I won't be picking these up... that Uplay stuff seems lame. Still, I wish it was feasible to see these DRM free at some point.
Post edited July 06, 2014 by undeadcow
ShinyLoot's 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals: Day 38

-Creeper World -75%/$2.50 (Offline One Time Key Validation)
-Dreamscape -70%/$3.00 (DRM-Free)
-Drip Drip -80%/$2.00 (Offline One Time Key Validation+Desura Key)
-GearGrinder -75%/$1.25 (DRM-Free)
-GooseGogs -80%/$3.00 (DRM-Free)
-Incoming+Incoming Forces -64%/$1.80 (DRM-Free)
-Little Kingdom -75%/$1.25 (DRM-Free)
-Mark Leung: Revenge of the Bitch -75%/$2.25 (DRM-Free)
-Mosby's Confederacy -75%/$2.50 (DRM-Free+Steam Key)
-Residue -75%/$1.62 (DRM-Free+Desura Key)
-RPG Maker VX Ace -75%/$17.50 (Online One Time Key Validation)
-Wyv & Keep: Temple of the Lost Idol -80%/$2.00 (DRM-Free)
Don't hesitate to try "Mark Leung: Revenge of the Bitch" -75%/$2.25 (DRM-Free) !
It's an hilarious RPG, a mix between Monthy Python and Final Fantasy with true actors for cinematics.
That Tremor Games deal is stellar. It took me about 2 minutes to add two games to my GOG library. Looking around the site again, it looks like it may be fairly easy to rack up points and that they often have GOG codes.
TrevorWilliams: That Tremor Games deal is stellar. It took me about 2 minutes to add two games to my GOG library. Looking around the site again, it looks like it may be fairly easy to rack up points and that they often have GOG codes.
Do you have the list of GOG games in tremorgames? Because the only GOG game that I found was Dracula 4: Shadow Of The Dragon(truthfully the game included Dracula 5). Other than that I can't find anything else.
The new THIEF on Steam for US$9.99 / £5.87 / 7.40€. This is a historical low, and excellent deal for UK/EU buyers as its RRP is 15%/35% more expensive on Steam in those currencies.

Edit: I bought it and can confirm it's THIEF (ROW), region-free, not a region-locked Russian version. (Luckily! It was a panicky activation for sure!)
Post edited July 06, 2014 by PenguinJim
TrevorWilliams: That Tremor Games deal is stellar. It took me about 2 minutes to add two games to my GOG library. Looking around the site again, it looks like it may be fairly easy to rack up points and that they often have GOG codes.
asrul1992: Do you have the list of GOG games in tremorgames? Because the only GOG game that I found was Dracula 4: Shadow Of The Dragon(truthfully the game included Dracula 5). Other than that I can't find anything else.
I just searched GOG in their store and found a bunch. Most were out of stock, but a few were available for ~2000 points iirc. Stock and new arrivals change constantly I imagine.
Grargar: ShinyLoot's 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals: Day 38

-Creeper World -75%/$2.50 (Offline One Time Key Validation)
-Dreamscape -70%/$3.00 (DRM-Free)
-Drip Drip -80%/$2.00 (Offline One Time Key Validation+Desura Key)
-GearGrinder -75%/$1.25 (DRM-Free)
-GooseGogs -80%/$3.00 (DRM-Free)
-Incoming+Incoming Forces -64%/$1.80 (DRM-Free)
-Little Kingdom -75%/$1.25 (DRM-Free)
-Mark Leung: Revenge of the Bitch -75%/$2.25 (DRM-Free)
-Mosby's Confederacy -75%/$2.50 (DRM-Free+Steam Key)
-Residue -75%/$1.62 (DRM-Free+Desura Key)
-RPG Maker VX Ace -75%/$17.50 (Online One Time Key Validation)
-Wyv & Keep: Temple of the Lost Idol -80%/$2.00 (DRM-Free)
Subliminal advertising!