It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rakuru: I've heard Enhanced Steam recommended a few times now so I just went ahead and tried it and, wow, it sure does a whole lot more than show price history. It color codes owned/wishlisted games, points out 3rd party DRM, shows percentage of recommended vs not recommended reviews and Metacritic user scores, and even shows how many players have been playing that game today, which I'm sure will be very useful for multiplayer-only or multiplayer-heavy games. And a lot more. Very cool stuff.
I get a 'website not available' error on the link Tarnicus posted. Is that just me or is it currently offline?
skimmie: I get a 'website not available' error on the link Tarnicus posted. Is that just me or is it currently offline?
Hm, I just tried it and the first time loaded for me but it took quite a long time, and the next page I tried going to gave me a "connection has timed out" message, so not just you. It was working okay earlier, so it could just be temporary issues with their site.
GabiMoro: I asked my self the same thing. I believe a more fair price should be 5 euro for the base game and 7,5 euro for GOTY, The same for Skyrim Legendary and XCOM EU+EW.

In the end I bought nothing.
Pheace: XCOM EU + EW is so worth the €9.89 it was when it was on sale though... was the €2.39 difference really that important? :)
I was under impression that XCOM: EW is a modified EU, so paying the same price for it (5 euro) seemed too much for me.
I also have a massive backlog (including Baldur's Gate 1+2, Icewind Dale 1+2 etc) so I can afford to be picky :).
skimmie: I get a 'website not available' error on the link Tarnicus posted. Is that just me or is it currently offline?
Rakuru: Hm, I just tried it and the first time loaded for me but it took quite a long time, and the next page I tried going to gave me a "connection has timed out" message, so not just you. It was working okay earlier, so it could just be temporary issues with their site.
Ok, thanks. I'll just wait until it comes back online then, unless someone has an alternative link?
Pheace: XCOM EU + EW is so worth the €9.89 it was when it was on sale though... was the €2.39 difference really that important? :)
GabiMoro: I was under impression that XCOM: EW is a modified EU, so paying the same price for it (5 euro) seemed too much for me.
I also have a massive backlog (including Baldur's Gate 1+2, Icewind Dale 1+2 etc) so I can afford to be picky :).
I guess that's how you can look at it. It's like the CIV expansions, it expands the base game with more options. Enemy Within is a great expansion, it adds a lot of cool new stuff. It's absolutely worth the price.

Here's a page listing all the stuff it adds:
[url=http://xcom.wikia.com/wiki/XCOM:_Enemy_Within]http://xcom.wikia.com/wiki/XCOM:_Enemy_Within[/url]
Post edited June 27, 2014 by Pheace
Ok, all the XCOM talk has pretty much forced my brain into almost guaranteeing today is going to be a "play XCOM UFO Defense all day" kind of day. I just have to defeat these damn aliens for once in 20 years FFS! :) I need to at least make it to Cydonia before the week is through or I am just letting them get away with it for far too long I'm afraid.

If not, and being a chronological completionist I fear I'd never end up getting around to properly playing EU and EW and that just wont do. :)
skeletonbow: Ok, all the XCOM talk has pretty much forced my brain into almost guaranteeing today is going to be a "play XCOM UFO Defense all day" kind of day. I just have to defeat these damn aliens for once in 20 years FFS! :) I need to at least make it to Cydonia before the week is through or I am just letting them get away with it for far too long I'm afraid.

If not, and being a chronological completionist I fear I'd never end up getting around to properly playing EU and EW and that just wont do. :)
Ugh, I've spent a good chunk of the past two years beating Arena and Daggerfall (which did NOT age particularly well) on my path to eventually someday play Skyrim. And after these sales I'm going to be starting Fallout 2, although that shouldn't be quite as repetitive and grindy as the early Elder Scrolls. Still looking forward to playing Fallout 3 a year from now. The XCOM games have been sitting untouched in my Steam library since 2010, but one of these decades or another...

The path of the chronological completionist is not an easy one.
Rakuru: Ugh, I've spent a good chunk of the past two years beating Arena and Daggerfall (which did NOT age particularly well) on my path to eventually someday play Skyrim. And after these sales I'm going to be starting Fallout 2, although that shouldn't be quite as repetitive and grindy as the early Elder Scrolls. Still looking forward to playing Fallout 3 a year from now. The XCOM games have been sitting untouched in my Steam library since 2010, but one of these decades or another...

The path of the chronological completionist is not an easy one.
Indeed. :) Also, what is kind of a little backwards about it and makes some of my friends think to be a bit odd, is that for years now I have been unable to play newer more graphically and CPU intense games because my computer at the time simply was far too underpowered and so I left new games completely alone, but now I have a modern CPU/GPU screamer with more RAM than any game would even use for years to come (32GB) and I can pretty much play any game ... and I end up choosing to play 90s classics for the most part which are early titles in various series that I wish to play in chronological order. :) So my current computer is probably 1000 to 10000 times overpowered for what these games needed to run back then. LOL And many/most of the post-2006 games I own now both on GOG and Steam are backlogged while I try to work through the active play list which is mostly older games. :) The cool thing though, is that I wont end up having any games in the list be "can't play because my computer is underpowered" for YEARS with current hardware and game titles in the collection, and by the time I might obtain such a game that pushes my system to the limits, a $100 or so upgrade will probably solve the problem down the line instead of a huge upgrade cycle. :)

Ah yes, it is a great time to be a PC gamer... :)
Ragnarblackmane: I REALLY wish they'd just drop the price on steam. I already have an account there and don't want to make yet another account somewhere, even if the game is only $1. Thanks for posting this.
Dendrite25: Ask and you shall receive! Check you PM
Thanks very much for this honorable gesture! Of course this means I too now have giftable codes.

Maybe for my giveaway I'll try to find people that would want to take on the task of The Ship together.
blotunga: Free adventures of Shuggy: http://www.smudgedcat.com/shuggy_giveaway/
Thanks got this one as well :)
A bit late this time but, in the end, I never forget.

ShinyLoot's 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals: Day 29

-Civil Engineering Simulator -75%/$2.50 (DRM-Free)
-Deo -60%/$5.20 (DRM-Free+Desura Key)
-Dwarf Quest -75%/$1.00 (DRM-Free+Desura Key)
-Grotesque Tactics -80%/$2.00 (DRM-Free+Steam Key+Desura Key)
-Grotesque Tactics 2 -80%/$2.00 (DRM-Free+Steam Key+Desura Key)
-Guy vs The Wicked and Nefarious Land -75%/$1.25 (DRM-Free+Desura Key)
-Mark Leung: Revenge of the Bitch -75%/$2.25 (DRM-Free)
-Power of Defense -75%/$2.50 (DRM-Free+Desura Key)
-Rooks Keep -80%/$3.00 (Online One Time Key Validation)
-Trapped Dead -80%/$2.00 (DRM-Free+Steam Key+Desura Key)
From theirs email:
"Sales! Sales! Sales! Will they never end? Not until the heat cools down in Texas. Enjoy a weekend of deals, assuming your wallet isn't already emptied out both those other guys."
Guess they mean GOG and Steam.
It's Adventure Day in the Fireflower Holiday Sale, so last plug from me for the AGON games, good opportunity to get The Mysterious Codex for those that got The Lost Sword of Toledo in that Groupees bundle (ShinyLoot might still put it on a daily on their sale though).

Among others:
AGON - The Mysterious Codex €1.20 (-85%)
AGON - The Lost Sword of Toledo €1.20 (-85%)
Conspirocracy €1.75 (-75%)
Reperfection: Volume 1 €0.40 (-90%)
The Perfidious Petrol Station (aka Nancy the Happy Whore) €0.40 (-87%)
[url=]The Samaritan Paradox[/url] €4.19 (-40%)
Rakuru: The path of the chronological completionist is not an easy one.
Amen. I'm excited but also dreading my intended play of the entire Wizardry and Might&Magic series someday. Very likely that I never get to most of these modern games because of this quirk.
skeletonbow: Ok, all the XCOM talk has pretty much forced my brain into almost guaranteeing today is going to be a "play XCOM UFO Defense all day" kind of day. I just have to defeat these damn aliens for once in 20 years FFS! :) I need to at least make it to Cydonia before the week is through or I am just letting them get away with it for far too long I'm afraid.

Since you are taking of Xcom, let me give you some advice, I've been playing Xcom since the early 1.0 days when you had to lookup codes in the manual to start they game. They fixed that in the 1.3 patch, but they hosed the sound.

Before entering a tactical mission or re-entering the geosphere, make sure to save. I don't know how many times I've CTD (crash to DOS) when switching from one mode to another.

There's a hard-coded 80 item limit in the vanilla Xcom, and guns have a lower index value than ammo in most cases, so it is completely possible that you may have guns and no ammo in certain mission types.

If you have the Windows Xcom CE, make sure to use f0dder's loader. (link dead?)

The XcomUtil was nice, also. Cool, he's moved off of his AOL page :)

Finally, if you want run time control over your graphics, plus a platform independent engine, use openXcom There are plenty of mods, and they may even restore the more awesome sounds of Xcom 1.0. While it doesn't handle Xcom: TFTD yet, give it time. They're working on it. Other notable features: If you control a downed/landed UFO for 5 turns with no active aliens, you 'win'. No more scouring the map for that alien with no gun hiding in the corner. Yay, the 80 item limit is lifted!
[url=http://ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Differences_to_X-COM_(OpenXcom)]Here's the rest of the fixes[/url]