It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

wy4786: On the fence for "Brothers - A Tale of two sons". Is a game pad really needed for this? Or will MKB suffice?
You can play with MKB, but IMHO you will not enjoy it so much without gamepad (especially with vibrations).
wy4786: On the fence for "Brothers - A Tale of two sons". Is a game pad really needed for this? Or will MKB suffice?
I will go so far as to say a huge part of the game will be completely missed with out the use of a controller. The controller is built into the narrative. You will miss vital parts of the experience if you do not use a controller.
And I agree with the others. Get a controller (I recommend the XBOX 360 USB controller)
Thanks for replies guys, guess I'd be passing on it.
Tallima: And I agree with the others. Get a controller (I recommend the XBOX 360 USB controller)
Yeah, I have a 360 controller and they're both awesome and cheap, about £10 new or something, even cheaper second -hand and fully PC plug and play compatible so there's really no excuse
The XBox One controller is supposed to be even better mechanically, especially the D-Pad which was a bit poop on the 360 one BUT its unclear whether MS will ever write native windows drivers for it
You can get it working with some messing around, apparently:
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/How-Use-An-Xbox-One-Controller-PC-63527.html
But I'd go with the 360 for now at least...
skeletonbow: Pretty good deal on Shadowgrounds and it's brethren, also bundled with Trine series for good price. Apologies for the ugly cut'n'paste.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2500/

Buy Shadowgrounds
SUMMER SALE! Offer ends 30 June
-90%
$6.99
$0.69 USD

Lowest Price: $1.29 at Steam (Info)
Historical Low: $1.29 at Steam on Fri Nov 29 2013 (Info)
Buy Shadowgrounds Pack
Includes 2 items: Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor
Package info
-90%
$12.99
$1.29 USD

Lowest Price: $5.24 at Steam (Info)
Historical Low: $3.99 at Steam on Sat Jul 14 2012 (Info)
Buy Frozenbyte Collection
Includes 4 items: Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor, Trine, Trine 2: Complete Story
Package info
-85%
$34.99
$5.24 USD
Thanks for this post, I may actually buy one copy of Shadowgrounds for myself and another to gift, for that stupidly low price:)
Ragnarblackmane: Thanks for this post, I may actually buy one copy of Shadowgrounds for myself and another to gift, for that stupidly low price:)
Check out Alien Swarm while you're there too, it's pretty cool and it's a Valve freebie.
I have that, it's pretty fun, but I like SG because it's sp. I like MP games but there's a dearth of fun SP overhead shooters like SG.
Post edited June 26, 2014 by Ragnarblackmane
Fever_Discordia: The XBox One controller is supposed to be even better mechanically, especially the D-Pad which was a bit poop on the 360 one BUT its unclear whether MS will ever write native windows drivers for it
Really? O.o
http://majornelson.com/2014/06/05/pc-drivers-for-the-xbox-one-controller-available-now/
Fever_Discordia: The XBox One controller is supposed to be even better mechanically, especially the D-Pad which was a bit poop on the 360 one BUT its unclear whether MS will ever write native windows drivers for it
triock: Really? O.o
http://majornelson.com/2014/06/05/pc-drivers-for-the-xbox-one-controller-available-now/
Seems my information was a bit out of date - that's pretty sweet, thanks!

Ragnarblackmane: I have that, it's pretty fun, but I like SG because it's sp. I like MP games but there's a dearth of fun SP overhead shooters like SG.
Yeah, I'm put off Alien Swarm by its focus on MP - shame really!

What about the Alien Shooter, Zombie Shooter and Alien Breed games though? are none of them any good?
Post edited June 26, 2014 by Fever_Discordia
Fever_Discordia: Seems my information was a bit out of date - that's pretty sweet, thanks!
Now they need a wireless transmitter =)
Fever_Discordia: Seems my information was a bit out of date - that's pretty sweet, thanks!

Ragnarblackmane: I have that, it's pretty fun, but I like SG because it's sp. I like MP games but there's a dearth of fun SP overhead shooters like SG.
Fever_Discordia: Yeah, I'm put off Alien Swarm by its focus on MP - shame really!

What about the Alien Shooter, Zombie Shooter and Alien Breed games though? are none of them any good?
The Alien and Zombie shooter games are $15 bucks and I just can't justify the price even though it's a bundle..Alien Breed looks fun but I'm not sure what sets it apart or to a higher standard than Shadowgrounds, other than that its newer.
New bundlestars is pretty sweet. Aftershock bundle - $2.99 (All Steam)

UFO Aftershock
UFO Aftermath
Wizardry 6+7
Wizardry 8
System Shock 2
Harvester
Ascension to the Throne
Post edited June 26, 2014 by Pheace
That does look like a nice bundle. I think I own most of them on GOG already though, so I may be able to resist a bundle for once.
TrevorWilliams: That does look like a nice bundle. I think I own most of them on GOG already though, so I may be able to resist a bundle for once.
Ditto. The one's I don't have, I'd rather have at GOG: The wizardry titles. So far I've managed to resist buying them at GOG too. We'll see if I manage to resist through the sale, and save my wallet from shrinking and my backlog from growing.