It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Midweek madness on Steam.
Blood Bowl Chaos Edition 66% off.

A convenient excuse to give another shout out for:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_bloodbowl_restarting_soon
nijuu: Other Steam discounts
Sacred 2 Gold is $6.79 USD 66% offon Steam (didnt someone mention either this or the GG version is actually DRM - free???). Offer ends March 16th (week long deal)

Transformers $16.99 AUD (hard to believe its cheaper for aussies lol) 66% off (first discount ever on supposedly a very good game). Offer ends March 15th
CymTyr: For the Americas the only way to get Sacred 2 Gold is to either buy a UK Ice & Blood expansion and modify some ini settings, or get it on Steam.

Not sure about Australia, I think you guys got the boxed version of S2 Gold like Europe did, but in the US there was some legal issue with Deep Silver and the distributor.
I remember seeing a Sacred 2 Gold box maybe once in the last few years. Haven't been able to find any boxed copies (there are one or two 2nd hand ones asking for quite a bit of money). Annoying as i have the Sacred 2 Fallen Angel CE (UK) but hard to source the expansion Ice and Blood as well :/.
nijuu: Werent RF 1 & 2 the better games in the series?
Vitek: In my experience RF is bad game (I think I am bit exception there) and I am not even able to run RF2, because it can't handle more than 2GB RAM.
odd its running fine with me and i have 8gig ><
HeDanny: It is also the entire Gothic Series. $12 for everything.
Once again my stubborn bones prevent me from an absolute bargain.
I wonder if Arcana will ever make it here?
nightrunner227: If you just want the gothic series, You can get Gothic Universe pack for $5, which is 1-3, then get Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition for another $2.50, making it $7.50 total without Arcania. Good if you want to save $5.
Appreciate the post (and all others that followed this, I read all, thankyou) however I already have all the Gothic games except Arcana from their retail releases. In other words, the inclusion of Arcana in this deal is the main appeal for me. Finally get the latest game in the series, and also get to "upgrade" my retail copies to (arguably superior) digital versions was a great bonus more than the main incentive.

This is why I asked if Arcana would ever come here. Of course I was not expecting an answer to that question. No Blue Text has ever really bothered replying to such a question ever. I did not expect them to start with mine. :)

Also want the Risen games here too. ;)
dyscode: TO anyone else: DONT GET RF2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You will regret this for the rest of your life!!!!
No way! RF2 is great if you can appreciate camp. The Solpot speech that plays at the start menu is so over the top that it always makes me giggle. It's silly game where you get blow up everything. You can beat it two or three sittings. Everything is smooth. There's a place for games like that. :D
chezybezy: odd its running fine with me and i have 8gig ><
It crashes on start up for me and I read on Steam forums that you have to turn off exceeding RAM to run it if you get the message I got (I don't remember it, it's long), because it can't handle more. I wasn't keen on looking into the issue further as I disliked its predecessor.
Vitek: In my experience RF is bad game (I think I am bit exception there) and I am not even able to run RF2, because it can't handle more than 2GB RAM.
It's running fine for you unpatched under Windows? Interesting. I'd have thought you'd have encountered the ~"Red Faction 2 requires a video card with 8MB of vram" error.
Snickersnack: It's running fine for you unpatched under Windows? Interesting. I'd have thought you'd have encountered the ~"Red Faction 2 requires a video card with 8MB of vram" error.
well loaded it up and its all fine.

my copy is downloaded from steam, installed, nothing else.

Clicked launch (RF2 steam shortcut), got the set up / launch screen. pressed play, it gave me some error about wrong gfx card.

i browsed to RF2 folder in steams install location (Steam\steamapps\common\Red Faction II\), launched the rf2.exe (NOT the launcher one (Red Faction II.exe)).
It loaded to the main menu (took a tiny while). i quit.

launched from the launcher (Red Faction II.exe). changed my screen res. then launched from the "play" option on the launcher screen. <-- i dont think this step is needed i only did it to change my screen res as i couldnt find the option in the ingame menu)

it runs from either the launcher (Red Faction II.exe) or the normal RF.exe. just double checking it does for me still.

e. yeah still runs fine from either shortcut or steams link in the games list.
Post edited March 12, 2013 by chezybezy
dyscode: DONT GET RF2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You will regret this for the rest of your life!!!!
nijuu: Werent RF 1 & 2 the better games in the series?
1 was good, 2 was horrible. I have not played the rest, but from what I've heard 3 (Guerrilla) is quite nice, while 4 (Armageddon) was a bit of a disappointment, but not actually bad.
Snickersnack: It's running fine for you unpatched under Windows? Interesting. I'd have thought you'd have encountered the ~"Red Faction 2 requires a video card with 8MB of vram" error.
chezybezy: well loaded it up and its all fine.

my copy is downloaded from steam, installed, nothing else.

Clicked launch (RF2 steam shortcut), got the set up / launch screen. pressed play, it gave me some error about wrong gfx card.

i browsed to RF2 folder in steams install location (Steam\steamapps\common\Red Faction II\), launched the rf2.exe (NOT the launcher one (Red Faction II.exe)).
It loaded to the main menu (took a tiny while). i quit.

launched from the launcher (Red Faction II.exe). changed my screen res. then launched from the "play" option on the launcher screen. <-- i dont think this step is needed i only did it to change my screen res as i couldnt find the option in the ingame menu)

it runs from either the launcher (Red Faction II.exe) or the normal RF.exe. just double checking it does for me still.

e. yeah still runs fine from either shortcut or steams link in the games list.
Thanks for the details. Neither the launcher or rf2.exe work here on my Steam RF2. They both present the 8MB vram error. I can get around it by running msconfig and setting my maximum memory to 2048MB and rebooting but that's crippling. :(

Would you mind listing rough specs for your system? :)

My system:
Win8x64
Althon II x3 @3.0GHz
6GB RAM
Radeon 7770 1GB
Snickersnack: <snip>

Thanks for the details. Neither the launcher or rf2.exe work here on my Steam RF2. They both present the 8MB vram error. I can get around it by running msconfig and setting my maximum memory to 2048MB and rebooting but that's crippling. :(

Would you mind listing rough specs for your system? :)

My system:
Win8x64
Althon II x3 @3.0GHz
6GB RAM
Radeon 7770 1GB
Sure!

laptop im *currently* using:
Win7 - 64bit
AMD A10 4600M (4 @2.3)
8GB RAM
Radeon Integrated (Dual btw) - actually i wonder if thats why?!

ill triple check its working on my main desktop upstairs tomorrow. and a few others to try help you out.
Primal Carnage is 66% off on GG. for €4.74, Steam
Post edited March 13, 2013 by dyscode
Odd
Sacred 2 Gold $6.79 USD got magically extended from March 16th to 20th. Hmmmmm
Sacred 2 is unavaible in your region

whaaaaaa-- ???
keeveek: Sacred 2 is unavaible in your region

whaaaaaa-- ???
*buys Sacred 2 Gold and watches it sit neatly in inventory* :) *phew*