It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gameon: I wonder if steam will ever get this option. or dare i say, GOG.
gyokzoli: Valve says, no.
That was actually about trading. But refunding a game that hasn't been downloaded will soon be EU legislation and Steam can't do shit about it.

They already do in Britain if you are "nice" enough.

Edit: My bad, I've just seen this is about "used" games ... ignore me.
Post edited July 11, 2012 by SimonG
Stupid idea . This is an online store not a rental service .
ne_zavarj: Stupid idea . This is an online store not a rental service .
You cant trade in something you've rented. Renting is like borrowing.
gameon: You cant trade in something you've rented. Renting is like borrowing.
In this case i suggest you to use GMG instead of GOG .
gameon: You cant trade in something you've rented. Renting is like borrowing.
ne_zavarj: In this case i suggest you to use GMG instead of GOG .
Well GMG are the only site i know that does it. I was just wondering if others would follow suit.
hucklebarry: Titan Quest Gold (includes expansion) for $7.99 at Amazon (game is DRM-free) and tons of fun. (Better than Diablo-clone) ;)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WCCURW/ref=s9_qpp_gw_p63_d1_g63_ir05?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=0N16XB823AXWFT6CA3D9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939031&pf_rd_i=507846
Not entirely drm free, you do have to keep the DVD in the drive for it to run.
hucklebarry: Titan Quest Gold (includes expansion) for $7.99 at Amazon (game is DRM-free) and tons of fun. (Better than Diablo-clone) ;)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WCCURW/ref=s9_qpp_gw_p63_d1_g63_ir05?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=0N16XB823AXWFT6CA3D9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939031&pf_rd_i=507846
angrypole: Not entirely drm free, you do have to keep the DVD in the drive for it to run.
Which is not DRM at all.... There are fully working no-CD cracks available if that bothers you.
angrypole: Not entirely drm free, you do have to keep the DVD in the drive for it to run.
hucklebarry: Which is not DRM at all.... There are fully working no-CD cracks available if that bothers you.
Sorry I assumed that it was some form of securom drm. I thought hypothetically that if I were to lose my game, or break it, I would lose my right to play it and have to purchase another physical copy. Unlike gog games were have no limitations and can legally make unlimited backups.
hucklebarry: Which is not DRM at all.... There are fully working no-CD cracks available if that bothers you.
angrypole: Sorry I assumed that it was some form of securom drm. I thought hypothetically that if I were to lose my game, or break it, I would lose my right to play it and have to purchase another physical copy. Unlike gog games were have no limitations and can legally make unlimited backups.
You can back up physical disks. What makes digital rights management an issue is that your rights are physically managed. You may disagree that requiring a CD is forcing you to play it from the PC that the disc is in... but I think you would be in the extreme minority on calling that any sort of issue. There is nothing to say "you have already installed this", or "this is not the PC you bought this for", or "there is no internet connection to verify ownership"... etc. ... which is what DRM does. I'm on my 5th PC since I bought this game and have reinstalled dozens of times since I bought it (all legally). The publisher has no clue because there is no DRM to inform them or to prevent me from doing it. (I also don't use the disks, I use a disc image with a no-cd crack... something that would rarely (if ever) work where real DRM is present.
angrypole: Sorry I assumed that it was some form of securom drm. I thought hypothetically that if I were to lose my game, or break it, I would lose my right to play it and have to purchase another physical copy. Unlike gog games were have no limitations and can legally make unlimited backups.
hucklebarry: You can back up physical disks. What makes digital rights management an issue is that your rights are physically managed. You may disagree that requiring a CD is forcing you to play it from the PC that the disc is in... but I think you would be in the extreme minority on calling that any sort of issue. There is nothing to say "you have already installed this", or "this is not the PC you bought this for", or "there is no internet connection to verify ownership"... etc. ... which is what DRM does. I'm on my 5th PC since I bought this game and have reinstalled dozens of times since I bought it (all legally). The publisher has no clue because there is no DRM to inform them or to prevent me from doing it. (I also don't use the disks, I use a disc image with a no-cd crack... something that would rarely (if ever) work where real DRM is present.
True.
Just a reminder that Afterfall: In Sanity is still 50% and will be getting a nice patch in the upcoming months. Purchased.
Afterfall: InSanity is absolutely NOT worth it. I don't recommend it.
I wrote a little bit more about my disappointment here
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?2929-Afterfall-Insanity-thoughts&p=155261&viewfull=1#post155261
Revisor: Afterfall: InSanity is absolutely NOT worth it. I don't recommend it.
I wrote a little bit more about my disappointment here
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?2929-Afterfall-Insanity-thoughts&p=155261&viewfull=1#post155261
It's a bit funny and, for people that actually did preorder it in hopes it would make its pre-order goal, a bit irritating, that it only made it somewhere over 10,000 of its 10,000,000 pre-order goal.
Except that is DRM, you may not mind a disc check or there can be ways around it but it is still DRM.
Immoli: Except that is DRM, you may not mind a disc check or there can be ways around it but it is still DRM.
Its not. But I'm not gonna keep up the merry go round :p A simple google search can provide the definition for you.... or common sense on what the words "digital rights management" means.