It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FiatLux: I do not "bash" Amazon , I generally have good relations with Amazon...
But I can not see anything preventing Amazon from opening an international store and negotiate regional "distributor" rights for deals !
GameRager: It's cheaper for them this way, and it allows them to offer even better deals to people....to put it in a different light.
And I would guess quite a few games are impossible to get unless you do regional pricing.
GameRager: It's cheaper for them this way, and it allows them to offer even better deals to people....to put it in a different light.
SimonG: And I would guess quite a few games are impossible to get unless you do regional pricing.
That's why we have multiple sites to choose from.....with many(though not near enough) games you can find them somewhere if some other site won't or can't carry them.
Aningan: They are doing exactly the same thing GOG did when they let you chose your own location when buying Witcher 2. And GOG got sued by their publisher because of it and were forced to implement real geo-location tracking.
Personally I'm against publishers who want regional pricing and I'm pro-GOG and pro-Amazon in the way they handle things. When the alternative is offering you €1 = $1 prices (or not at all for some regions) I'll take their turning a blind eye and giving you the fairest prices they can, and I'll thank them for it.
I do understand they're allowing you to do it, however there's already been cases where people's support was simply refused, simply because they lied about their location being in the US.

Sure, you can get the games cheap, by lying about it, but being without support alltogether because of it is not a good thing.
Pheace: I do understand they're allowing you to do it, however there's already been cases where people's support was simply refused, simply because they lied about their location being in the US.

Sure, you can get the games cheap, by lying about it, but being without support alltogether because of it is not a good thing.
Who seriously goes to support after lying about being in the US? It's a gamble. Who dares wins. 98% of foreign buyers on Amazon.com use it for Steam/Origin codes anyway. Afaik, they don't even have download servers outside the US. And why would they, that would only make them vulnerable.
GameStop / Impulse :

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim $39.99
Territory: Worldwide (Excl. Eastern Europe / Russia)
I am buying on Amazon.com only games that have steam keys. Even if they ban me for lying about my location, I won't loose my games.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30761578&postcount=13547
Pheace: I do understand they're allowing you to do it, however there's already been cases where people's support was simply refused, simply because they lied about their location being in the US.

SimonG: Who seriously goes to support after lying about being in the US? It's a gamble. Who dares wins. 98% of foreign buyers on Amazon.com use it for Steam/Origin codes anyway. Afaik, they don't even have download servers outside the US. And why would they, that would only make them vulnerable.
Who dares wins was awesomesauce!!!
Steam Daily Deal
Mini Ninjas 75% off

Steam Midweek Madness
Dear Esther 50% off
spinefarm: Steam Daily Deal
Mini Ninjas 75% off

Steam Midweek Madness
Dear Esther 50% off
You forgot : Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition 75% off
Aningan: They are doing exactly the same thing GOG did when they let you chose your own location when buying Witcher 2. And GOG got sued by their publisher because of it and were forced to implement real geo-location tracking.
Personally I'm against publishers who want regional pricing and I'm pro-GOG and pro-Amazon in the way they handle things. When the alternative is offering you €1 = $1 prices (or not at all for some regions) I'll take their turning a blind eye and giving you the fairest prices they can, and I'll thank them for it.

Someone pointed out a while back it was pretty much fraud anyway when you put fake details to buy games off Amazon (if your an international customer who couldnt buy the games without doing so). Calling them for support when you basically lied to them really isn't a good idea (even if they are turning a blind eye at least atm to ppl buying the games from overseas)
Thanks for this. However they havent had any really good deals for a while - people dont like the capsule stuff and mainly get it for steam codes - which are generally cheaper on Amazon now etc ;).
Post edited May 15, 2012 by nijuu
spinefarm: Steam Daily Deal
Mini Ninjas 75% off

Steam Midweek Madness
Dear Esther 50% off
ne_zavarj: You forgot : Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition 75% off
Everybody already have that :D
spinefarm: Everybody already have that :D
On Steam ? I don't have it .
spinefarm: Everybody already have that :D
ne_zavarj: On Steam ? I don't have it .
Me neither. I don't want it either though. It's far from the best tower defense & the genre is massively oversaturated anyhow.
serpantino: Me neither. I don't want it either though. It's far from the best tower defense & the genre is massively oversaturated anyhow.
Did you say tower defense ?
http://www.desura.com/games/sky-alchemist