It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

> I can tell you that continuing to add selection is a major focus for us, and we are doing so at full capacity. Our QA/Ingestion team (the guys who put stuff up on the site) are a top notch crew that work crazy hours to get more stuff up for sale,

If you're working so hard, consider looking at snagging Dungeon Siege 2 (and expansion) as a downloadable (that doesn't require the purchase of DS 3). DS 1 would be nice but I have that so its not an issue.
Thanks to all. If I buy it, I will pass on DLCs.
There's also mods that make some of the DLC appear as random items you'll find if the annoyance of going to the Black Market annoys you.
amok: Good thing you clarified that by 'you all' you meant your existing customers, as you still do not want my custom. As I live in the void being not-USA, the only way I can buy from you is by being fraudulent and give a false address. This I will not do, so instead I throw my money at the places who accepts it - like gog, GG, Desura, Steam and Origin.
Siannah: Second that.
I'll "Second that" too..
amok: Good thing you clarified that by 'you all' you meant your existing customers, as you still do not want my custom. As I live in the void being not-USA, the only way I can buy from you is by being fraudulent and give a false address. This I will not do, so instead I throw my money at the places who accepts it - like gog, GG, Desura, Steam and Origin.
Amazon is bound by legal reasons to not release their digital content outside the US. That is also why they only do the minimal requirements of checking if you are actually a US customer. They want your money, but they can't ask for it officially. One of the reasons they are that cheap is probably because they only "buy" US licenses for their DD catalogue.

If you want to blame somebody, blame the legal and licensing of the publishers.
SimonG: Amazon is bound by legal reasons to not release their digital content outside the US. That is also why they only do the minimal requirements of checking if you are actually a US customer. They want your money, but they can't ask for it officially. One of the reasons they are that cheap is probably because they only "buy" US licenses for their DD catalogue.

I generally blame the lot of them.... I am good at distributing blame.

As a customer, the only thing I know is that they are not able to make me a customer without being fraudulent. I do not really care much who to blame, but it is their shop, they are advertising this global (intentional or not). It might be because they are only dealing with US licenses, but as long as they (Amazon) do not manage to make some fixes (i.e. sorting things out legally with publishers) I give my money to those who have managed to do so...

It is really no big deal for me, I tend to get the games I want for a price I find reasonable, but it irks me a little that that Tony_Amazon comes to a forum of a Polish based company (servers in Malta?) and speaks to "you all" when it is not legally locally to buy the products he is talking about.
Dungeons: The Dark Lord is 75% off at Gamersgate now: /[url=http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DDL/dungeons-the-dark-lord?caff=2157851]£7.49. Guess it's one to miss for folks in the UK. ;)

Edit: Iron Brigade is half-price on XBLA now, 600 points!
Post edited May 15, 2012 by PenguinJim
amok: As a customer, the only thing I know is that they are not able to make me a customer without being fraudulent. I do not really care much who to blame, but it is their shop, they are advertising this global (intentional or not). It might be because they are only dealing with US licenses, but as long as they (Amazon) do not manage to make some fixes (i.e. sorting things out legally with publishers) I give my money to those who have managed to do so...
Amazon.com only makes advertisement for their products on Amazon.com. Neither you nor I have officially any business there. And getting global licensing rights is one hell of a bitch. This is what keeps most games from GOG. (Or games like Gothic uncomplete). That isn't something you can fix on a whim. It gets even worse with movies and music.

Simply ignore them, if you don't want to use exploits. But you can hardly blame them. They are actually borderlining ignorant of how you exploit their system. Eg, they very well know that I'm no US citizen and that might bite them legally in the ass someday. But their gamble is good for me and them. They get my money, I get sweet deals.
SimonG: Amazon is bound by legal reasons to not release their digital content outside the US. That is also why they only do the minimal requirements of checking if you are actually a US customer. They want your money, but they can't ask for it officially. One of the reasons they are that cheap is probably because they only "buy" US licenses for their DD catalogue.

amok: It is really no big deal for me, I tend to get the games I want for a price I find reasonable, but it irks me a little that that Tony_Amazon comes to a forum of a Polish based company (servers in Malta?) and speaks to "you all" when it is not legally locally to buy the products he is talking about.
Probably due to the fact some cheapassgamer forumites keep mentioning Gog now and then in references.. probably piqued his interest "Ahhhh another way to flog out products"... ;).

I wish every company is this 'ignorant' when it comes to legally-binding region restriction.
Green Man Gaming 2 year Anniversary sale. Various discounts through the week.

I'm surprised no one posted this?!
amok: I generally blame the lot of them.... I am good at distributing blame.

As a customer, the only thing I know is that they are not able to make me a customer without being fraudulent. I do not really care much who to blame, but it is their shop, they are advertising this global (intentional or not). It might be because they are only dealing with US licenses, but as long as they (Amazon) do not manage to make some fixes (i.e. sorting things out legally with publishers) I give my money to those who have managed to do so...

It is really no big deal for me, I tend to get the games I want for a price I find reasonable, but it irks me a little that that Tony_Amazon comes to a forum of a Polish based company (servers in Malta?) and speaks to "you all" when it is not legally locally to buy the products he is talking about.
They are doing exactly the same thing GOG did when they let you chose your own location when buying Witcher 2. And GOG got sued by their publisher because of it and were forced to implement real geo-location tracking.
Personally I'm against publishers who want regional pricing and I'm pro-GOG and pro-Amazon in the way they handle things. When the alternative is offering you €1 = $1 prices (or not at all for some regions) I'll take their turning a blind eye and giving you the fairest prices they can, and I'll thank them for it.

It never ends to surprise me how people bash them for being USA only and not caring about the rest of the world when actually they risk being taken to court for the customers from the rest of the world. USA customers gain nothing. Don't get me wrong, it's clear they are not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, but to make money.

If you really have strong principles about the "greyness" of the situation I can respect that, but most people see "valid for US customers only" and think "omg, Amazon, you suck! why don't you care about me too?!?", when in fact they do care and allow you to take advantage of the best deals they can offer.
amok: I generally blame the lot of them.... I am good at distributing blame.

Aningan: They are doing exactly the same thing GOG did when they let you chose your own location when buying Witcher 2. And GOG got sued by their publisher because of it and were forced to implement real geo-location tracking.
Personally I'm against publishers who want regional pricing and I'm pro-GOG and pro-Amazon in the way they handle things. When the alternative is offering you €1 = $1 prices (or not at all for some regions) I'll take their turning a blind eye and giving you the fairest prices they can, and I'll thank them for it.

It never ends to surprise me how people bash them for being USA only and not caring about the rest of the world when actually they risk being taken to court for the customers from the rest of the world. USA customers gain nothing. Don't get me wrong, it's clear they are not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, but to make money.

If you really have strong principles about the "greyness" of the situation I can respect that, but most people see "valid for US customers only" and think "omg, Amazon, you suck! why don't you care about me too?!?", when in fact they do care and allow you to take advantage of the best deals they can offer.
I do not "bash" Amazon , I generally have good relations with Amazon...
But I can not see anything preventing Amazon from opening an international store and negotiate regional "distributor" rights for deals !
At GamersGate : Dawn of Magic 2 (discount %60) = €5.98
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DOM2/dawn-of-magic-2
DRM:SecuROM
FiatLux: I do not "bash" Amazon , I generally have good relations with Amazon...
But I can not see anything preventing Amazon from opening an international store and negotiate regional "distributor" rights for deals !
It's cheaper for them this way, and it allows them to offer even better deals to people....to put it in a different light.