It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gyokzoli: Lol, i does not let me choose the first pack since I have to be older than 18 years but I'm older and entered the correct age in their my account page. This service sucks, they cannot even calculate the birthdate properly. I'm 37 by the way.
That happened with me. Go to your account an just save the details again, that should work.
gyokzoli: Lol, i does not let me choose the first pack since I have to be older than 18 years but I'm older and entered the correct age in their my account page. This service sucks, they cannot even calculate the birthdate properly. I'm 37 by the way.
Delixe: That happened with me. Go to your account an just save the details again, that should work.
According to the error message, they use an online service to verify that you really are who you claim to be, but that service only appears to cover the UK. Ireland might also be included, but the rest of Europe surely isn't.
Delixe: That happened with me. Go to your account an just save the details again, that should work.
I tried to update my information like 20 times in FF4, in Chrome and also in IE8. Still does not let me choose the first pack.
I can confirm that. It just won't let me through.
It seems the problem is the age verification service they use, 192.com. Which is like a UK people database?
wy4786: It seems the problem is the age verification service they use, 192.com. Which is like a UK people database?
Ah so in fact they are using that as some kind of region restriction. Well looks like UK and Ireland only then.
Pidgeot: According to the error message, they use an online service to verify that you really are who you claim to be, but that service only appears to cover the UK. Ireland might also be included, but the rest of Europe surely isn't.
Hm, tried changing my location to UK but had no luck. Still the same message. :-(
Delixe: Dixons have launched a direct download store and some freebies to the first 10k customers. I'm unsure of region restrictions, it's based in the UK but I entered my location as Ireland and it worked. Sign up for a new account and pick one of two packs free.

http://dixonsdownloads.co.uk/?srcid=369&xtor=AL-63

Sega Pack 1 - Medieveal 2, Condemned, Alpha Protocol, The Club
Sega Pack 2 - Megadrive Collection 1, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 2, Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing
Sweet, nice one Delixe. Been meaning to play condemned and the Club.
Delixe: Dixons have launched a direct download store and some freebies to the first 10k customers. I'm unsure of region restrictions, it's based in the UK but I entered my location as Ireland and it worked. Sign up for a new account and pick one of two packs free.

http://dixonsdownloads.co.uk/?srcid=369&xtor=AL-63

Sega Pack 1 - Medieveal 2, Condemned, Alpha Protocol, The Club
Sega Pack 2 - Megadrive Collection 1, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 2, Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing
Great find! Does anybody know the DRM/activation situation for Ztorm (who run the store)? Is there anything particularly nasty other than Securom or whatever Sega likes to use?
Pidgeot: According to the error message, they use an online service to verify that you really are who you claim to be, but that service only appears to cover the UK. Ireland might also be included, but the rest of Europe surely isn't.
Vitek: Hm, tried changing my location to UK but had no luck. Still the same message. :-(
Well, no, because it verifies your *identity* using that service. Presumably, *all* of the details would have to match someone in the UK, including the name and specific address.

They really should have skipped the identity check for customers from other countries, or, if that wasn't possible for some obscure reason, simply not allowed registrations from countries not supported by that service.
Post edited May 19, 2011 by Pidgeot
asb: Great find! Does anybody know the DRM/activation situation for Ztorm (who run the store)? Is there anything particularly nasty other than Securom or whatever Sega likes to use?
Well I picked Sega Pack 2 because the only games I didn't have were the Sonic's and while the games are DRM free they are like that on all services. All I can say is there was no extra DRM added.
Post edited May 19, 2011 by Delixe
Ah, thanks for the heads up. I picked the first pack of course...
Pidgeot: Well, no, because it verifies your *identity* using that service. Presumably, *all* of the details would have to match someone in the UK, including the name and specific address.

They really should have skipped the identity check for customers from other countries, or if nothing else, simply not allowed registrations from countries not supported by that service.
Well, we can still pick Pack 2 as there is no age verification, right?
asb: Great find! Does anybody know the DRM/activation situation for Ztorm (who run the store)? Is there anything particularly nasty other than Securom or whatever Sega likes to use?
Delixe: Well I picked Sega Pack 2 because the only games I didn't have were the Sonic's and while the games are DRM free they are like that on all services. All I can say is there was no extra DRM added.
Is Sega Racing any good by the way?
Pidgeot: Well, no, because it verifies your *identity* using that service. Presumably, *all* of the details would have to match someone in the UK, including the name and specific address.

They really should have skipped the identity check for customers from other countries, or if nothing else, simply not allowed registrations from countries not supported by that service.
Vitek: Well, we can still pick Pack 2 as there is no age verification, right?
I would assume so; the error message at least suggests they only perform the check when there's an age rating. I haven't checked yet, though.

EDIT: Just checked, and Pack 2 is no problem.
Post edited May 19, 2011 by Pidgeot