It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ErekoseDM: all the Ys games are 75% off on steam currently (all 3 appear to be at the "Lowest Recorded" price on http://isthereanydeal.com)

Ys I & II Chronicles+ $3.74
Ys: The Oath in Felghana $3.74
Ys Origin $4.99
oh sweet. That's good enough price for me to purchase. Anything to be aware of before doing so? No nasty third party DRM, Broken Controller support, etc?

Gamer's Gate has the Dark Eye - Demonicon For $8. Only this price for the next 7 hours. Anyone played this? Worth it at this price? No Hidden nasties? Any chance it coming here to GOG?
Tarnicus: Yes that is the collection I confused it with as I purchased them at the same time. Strange that I thought your memory of it would be better than mine lol. Thanks :)
I hope I'm wrong (because I like XSEED), but I think they both, Ys and Carpe Fulgur games, increased prices before the Summer Sale to fake bigger discounts...
I'm also not sleeping well, so... ;p
ErekoseDM: all the Ys games are 75% off on steam currently (all 3 appear to be at the "Lowest Recorded" price on http://isthereanydeal.com)

Ys I & II Chronicles+ $3.74
Ys: The Oath in Felghana $3.74
Ys Origin $4.99
HeDanny: oh sweet. That's good enough price for me to purchase. Anything to be aware of before doing so? No nasty third party DRM, Broken Controller support, etc?
I'll just say that Ys I & II Chronicles still uses the old bump battle system, so you may not like it.
Post edited July 09, 2014 by Stooner
Care to elaborate? Why would the bump system be a reason for someone to be put off these games? I know almost nothing about these games, but isn't it, basically momentum based, just making sure you hit the things you want to make dead not head on? Like Joust?

Wish Carpe Jugular would go on big sale again. I know they are DRM-Free from elsewhere, but a mate gifted me the first two games before the third one came out, so I'd like to ad the third just to have the .. er.. set (as close to a set as these games are, anyway). It is number one on my wishlist and has been for a long time. Closely followed by the Y's Games.
I played Ys Book 1 & 2 (aka Ys I & II Chronicles) through so many times on the old TurboGraphx -- and again when it was fan-done and under the name of Ys Eternal -- that I can pretty much tell you anything you might need to know about the games. lol~ I bought them (again) on Steam, but haven't played them yet ;p My "buy" finger was twitching when I saw the other Ys titles on sale, but I went for the Chronology bundle, instead.

BTW, the "bump battle system" works best when you hit the baddies from an angle! XD
ShinyLoot's 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals: Day 42

- SmashBox - 67% / $0.99 (DRM Free)
- Future Wars - 75% / $1.25 (DRM Free, Desura, Steam)
- Finding Teddy - 75% / $1.75 (DRM Free)
- Trapped Dead - 80% / $2.00 (DRM Free, Desura, Steam)
- A Game of Dwarves - 75% / $2.50 (Steam)
- Unstoppable Gorg - 75% / $2.50 (DRM Free, Desura)
HeDanny: Care to elaborate? Why would the bump system be a reason for someone to be put off these games? I know almost nothing about these games, but isn't it, basically momentum based, just making sure you hit the things you want to make dead not head on? Like Joust?
Is j(o)ust that the system is not consistent through all the games, if I remember correctly, it all depends on the side you "bump" the enemies (and your level). When in the newer games you press a button to swing your sword.
You asked if there's anything to be aware of. And I think it's something to have in mind before trying.
Thanks guys. Decided to bite the bullet on the Y's games. Just bought them.

Still undecided on Demonicon from Gamer's Gate.
HeDanny: Thanks guys. Decided to bite the bullet on the Y's games. Just bought them.

Still undecided on Demonicon from Gamer's Gate.
I'd pass on Demonicon for now. It's published by Kalypso so it'll be bundled eventually.
Oh really? Nice to Know. I'll pass on That one then and wait for a bundle. Thanks mate.
HeDanny: Oh really? Nice to Know. I'll pass on That one then and wait for a bundle. Thanks mate.
spoderman made an educated guess, not hinting that this might happen soon.
It might happen, eventually, given the games appearing in bundles these days, eveything is possible.
The tough question is just "when".
I had some BLC to use, so I jumped at it.
This just showed up on my GG page. There are some very nice Tower Defense and 'casual' titles on here and most of them seem to be DRM free, or as DRM free as GG gets. :P

[url=http://www.gamersgate.com/games?state=available&filter=publisher:102&prio=topsellers]http://www.gamersgate.com/games?state=available&filter=publisher:102&prio=topsellers[/url]
Bundle Stars - The Magicka Bundle

$4.99 for:
Base game + 21 DLC's
New Humble Weekly Bundle -- Link

$1 Tier
Windforge
Stacking
ReignMaker + Tower of Elements
Paranautical Activity ( Early Access Game)
Strife Closed Beta Key

$6 Tier
Darkout
Signs of Life (Early Access Game)
Curse Premium subscription (30-day access)

$10 Tier
Lifeless Planet
Edge of Space ( Early Access Game)

$36 Tier
Indie Appreciation Pack (includes "I<3 Indie Games" T-shirt plus bonus vinyl stickers and a Curse wristband.)
Post edited July 10, 2014 by BenKii
I'm probably only interested in the minimum tier Humble Weekly but I was looking around at the other stuff and under the "Curse Premium 30-Day Subscription" it lists "One free game from GOG.com" as a premium benefit. I have no idea if this is included in the 30-day subscription or only a full year or if the 30 days requires a credit card.

Unfortunately, from what I can tell it isn't any free game (that would be a little too good to be true), but according to this page, the options include:
Sacred Gold
Gothic 2 Gold Edition
Empire Earth: Gold Edition
Divine Divinity
Dungeon Keeper Gold™
Darwinia
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
Puddle
Defender's Quest
Megabyte Punch
If anyone is interested in any of those games and it's confirmed to be included with the 30 days, that might make the difference between the lowest tier and $6 tier for someone. :)
Post edited July 10, 2014 by Rakuru
BenKii: ReignMaker + Tower of Elements
This actually looks good. "ReignMaker is a city building political strategy game with match-3 tower defense combat." wow. :)

Signs of Life too, but not at that price for me...