It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Coelocanth: I wonder about this. The game up to this point still has to be activated as far as I'm aware, but they removed the activation limits. I wonder if they finally removed SecuROM altogether?
Rakuru: According to this article SecuROM was removed from the first BioShock way back in 2008. On Steam, it looks like it still uses Steam's CEG DRM-component, so it's nice to finally have a completely DRM-free version.
The article is incorrect. If you look closely at what the 2K rep says, she states: all activation restrictions, including install limits, have been removed from BioShock PC.

She does not state that SecuROM was removed. That was bad reporting on the par of bit-tech. SecuROM is still there and you still have to enter your serial to activate the game. All they did was remove the install/activation limits. I know this because I own the disc version of the game and it forces me to enter the serial when I install it. If I'm not on-line... no activation and no install.
Coelocanth: The article is incorrect. If you look closely at what the 2K rep says, she states: all activation restrictions, including install limits, have been removed from BioShock PC.
Ah, I installed the original BioShock a couple of months ago and don't remember going through any activation process besides the automated Steam install... did a little research and according to the SecuROM support page for BioShock: "Steam version: Please note, that the Steam version of 'BioShock' does not use SecuROM™ anymore. Also the Steam client automatically updates the game to the latest version when you start it." So I guess the Steam version has been SecuROM-free for a while, but of course it has its own DRM instead (probably better than SecuROM at least). But, yeah, that article does look a little misleading in that light.
Post edited July 08, 2014 by Rakuru
Rakuru: Ah, I installed the original BioShock a couple of months ago and don't remember going through any activation process besides the automated Steam install... did a little research and according to the SecuROM support page for BioShock: "Steam version: Please note, that the Steam version of 'BioShock' does not use SecuROM™ anymore. Also the Steam client automatically updates the game to the latest version when you start it." So I guess the Steam version has been SecuROM-free for a while, but of course it has its own DRM instead (probably better than SecuROM at least). But, yeah, that article does look a little misleading in that light.
The bolded part may be the key to this. Perhaps they've uncoupled the game from Steam and this is what's on offer on Humble. If so, that would be great. Thanks for the info. :)
foxworks: This was very timely as I was looking to pick up Darkness II during the steam summer sale and held off. Looks like for good reason...my fox senses were tingling...
Stooner: You should go see a doctor...
Ummm, no. I like my tingles ;-)
Stooner: You should go see a doctor...
foxworks: Ummm, no. I like my tingles ;-)
I bet you like where is tingling...

More bundle:

DailyIndieGame - DIG Super Bundle 5

$0.99 (beat the average and get x2)
- Tidalis (Steam)
- Plain Sight (Steam)
- Data Hacker: Corruption (Desura)
- Alchemy Mysteries (Desura)
- Sinister City (Desura)
- 12 Labours of Hercules (Desura)
Stooner: Humble 2K Bundle

$1
Bioshock
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
The Darkness II

BTA:
BioShock 2
Mafia II
Spec Ops: The Line

Pay $20 or more to unlock:
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
BioShock Infinite

More games coming soon!
Bah, more games I can't play. :(
But for everyone else, this is a great bundle! :)
You're right. According to The Big List of 3rd Party DRM on Steam, SecuROM has been removed from the Steam version of the Bioshock in an update after its initial release due to outcry from customers. It was replaced with Steam's "stub" form of DRM. As for the Bioshock 2 SecuROM and GFWL removed on October 3, 2013 and they even added “Protector Trials” DLC and all available MP DLCs for free for all, Minerva's Den DLC free for the existing owners prior update and full controller support.
This really is a great bundle!
Stooner: <span class="bold">Castle of Illusion</span>, $3.75 (75% Off). Daily Deal on Gamersgate (Steamworks)

-----------------------------------------------//-------------------------------------------------------

<span class="bold">VODO</span> - The Mindblowingest bundle

Supporting Cowalition: let's gift a cow to the poorest people of Cambodia

*snip*
Whilst the cows might help remove some of the landmines in Cambodia, they won't help the survival of our species(or others) on this planet.

Edit: This is why I don't donate to 'charity' and as can be seen the 'Cowalition' is no different when it comes to 'administrative costs.'

plex0m4n: You're right. According to The Big List of 3rd Party DRM on Steam, SecuROM has been removed from the Steam version of the Bioshock in an update after its initial release due to outcry from customers. It was replaced with Steam's "stub" form of DRM. As for the Bioshock 2 SecuROM and GFWL removed on October 3, 2013 and they even added “Protector Trials” DLC and all available MP DLCs for free for all, Minerva's Den DLC free for the existing owners prior update and full controller support.
This really is a great bundle!
Yeah I just tested Bioshock on Steam(my old version from Steam downloaded June 13 2013 had SecuROM and it is a fucking pain in the arse to remove) and it now uses Steam's CEG as DRM instead. Currently downloading the "DRM free" version as there are conflicting reports about it having SecuROM on it and will report in this thread once I've tested it.
Post edited July 09, 2014 by Tarnicus
Coelocanth: I wonder about this. The game up to this point still has to be activated as far as I'm aware, but they removed the activation limits. I wonder if they finally removed SecuROM altogether?
Rakuru: According to this article SecuROM was removed from the first BioShock way back in 2008 (edit: apparently only for the Steam version). On Steam, it looks like it still uses Steam's CEG DRM-component, so it's nice to finally have a completely DRM-free version.
That article is incorrect. The version I purchased and download June 13 2013 installed SecuROM on my computer. It was the Steam version. I have tested that SecuROM no longer is required on the Steam version and will redownload it to see if it actually has been removed.

$1
Bioshock
The Darkness II

BTA:
BioShock 2
Mafia II

BioShock Infinite

More games coming soon!
Can someone who has bought this indicate if this bundle come with Steam keys or with links to redeem directly on Steam? Also, is it a single key/link for the each tier of games, or is it one key/link for each individual game? My reason for asking is that I really want to get the The Bureau: XCOM Declassified game as it and XCOM: Enemy Within expansion are the only XCOM games missing from my collection (not counting other DLC for the games also), however I already own Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Mafia II, XCOM Enemy Unknown and BioShock Infinite. Would be a shame to get them all on one key/link and waste games I already own. Same thing with the 2nd tier and Spec Ops as I own the other 2 games in that as well.

$1
Bioshock
The Darkness II

BTA:
BioShock 2
Mafia II

BioShock Infinite

More games coming soon!
skeletonbow: Can someone who has bought this indicate if this bundle come with Steam keys or with links to redeem directly on Steam? Also, is it a single key/link for the each tier of games, or is it one key/link for each individual game? My reason for asking is that I really want to get the The Bureau: XCOM Declassified game as it and XCOM: Enemy Within expansion are the only XCOM games missing from my collection (not counting other DLC for the games also), however I already own Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Mafia II, XCOM Enemy Unknown and BioShock Infinite. Would be a shame to get them all on one key/link and waste games I already own. Same thing with the 2nd tier and Spec Ops as I own the other 2 games in that as well.
GOG ate my reply :(

I only purchased the first tier but the keys on that are separate and giftable. Unsure about the other 2 tiers.

To clarify they don't provide the keys like they used to, but each game is giftable and redeemable on Steam.
Post edited July 09, 2014 by Tarnicus
Tarnicus: GOG ate my reply :(

I only purchased the first tier but the keys on that are separate and giftable. Unsure about the other 2 tiers.
It has already been reported in the specific thread that the first two tiers have separate links for each game.
Post edited July 09, 2014 by madth3
skeletonbow: Can someone who has bought this indicate if this bundle come with Steam keys or with links to redeem directly on Steam? Also, is it a single key/link for the each tier of games, or is it one key/link for each individual game?
Steam Keys area thing of the past with Humble Bundle (and IndieGala) - only redeem links.
I only got the $1 tier for the DRM Free Bioshock 1, have everything else from that bundle and they came with separate redeem links for each game.
Post edited July 09, 2014 by dyscode
ShinyLoot's 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals: Day 41

- A.Typical RPG - 75% / $0.75 (DRM Free, Desura)
- The Perfidious Petrol Station - 72% / $1.25 (DRM Free, Desura)
- Al Emmo Enhanced - 75% / $2.50 (DRM Free)
- Millennium 3 - Cry Wolf - 65% / $3.50 (DRM Free)
- Heroes of a Broken Land - 66% / $5.10 (DRM Free)
- Cities in Motion 2 - 75% / $5.00 (Steam)
dyscode: Steam Keys area thing of the past with Humble Bundle (and IndieGala) - only redeem links.
I only got the $1 for the DRM Free Bioshock 1, have everything else from that bundle and they came with separate redeem links for each game.
If you want the DRM free version of Bioshock and have no interest in Steam versions, you can get this for $0.01.